The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Baffling logic is saying a dmen 2nd in dmen in points, 8th on the entire roster and 2nd in average time on ice and going yup, bottom pair guy there. Lmao. 

Sure, but we stink.  On a good team OEL is bottom pairing.  We stink because we have guys, like OEL, making big cap who are playing too high in the lineup.  But we have no choice because that’s how they’re paid.  

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Baffling logic is saying a dmen 2nd in dmen in points, 8th on the entire roster and 2nd in average time on ice and going yup, bottom pair guy there. Lmao. 

You spew any stats, you want - but the results is still mediocre and his contract is a BIG anchor, hindering the team.  Like I said before, when he gets traded - I will celebrate with the other Canuck fans I know and if you need counseling - don't reach out...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sure, but we stink.  On a good team OEL is bottom pairing.  We stink because we have guys, like OEL, making big cap who are playing too high in the lineup.  But we have no choice because that’s how they’re paid.  

OEL is fine 3 dman below him aren’t good enough and our highest paid player is a massive floater. Next. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It was a horrible day when Linden got traded.  But the result ended up being the ?Twins and our best team ever.  

This is true. Some people have short memories. They are so attached to a certain player that they can’t even see any benefit in trading him. 

Heck, I would even be in favour of trading Petey if it could land us Connor Bedard. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

True. But I don’t have to change my username so I’m hoping it happens for selfish reasons.  -_-

IMHAO you are the only non ELC or recently added free agent (Mik and Kuz) and prospect we should keep.  I’d hope our management will convince our owner we need to build around you.  And we need to deep dive for a couple years to draft more players like you.  Oh, I’d keep Demko too.  You and Demko.  Oh and Hughes.  You, Demko, and Hughes.  But you first. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

This is true. Some people have short memories. They are so attached to a certain player that they can’t even see any benefit in trading him. 

Heck, I would even be in favour of trading Petey if it could land is Connor Bedard. 

We should have benefited from trading Miller off a career year. Trading your on pace for 59 goal captain is a fail. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya but some people still live in the past.

League is soft these days, hard for old timers to accept.

The league is softer, yes.  But it’s still a very physical game and that means guys like Zegras will fade away when the play gets rough.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Also with 29 points in 28 games he is literally the least of our worries on ice this year. Not sure why you’re so happy to lose a player like that. Must love mediocrity. 

See, that is where we differ. We have a thing on this team called the country club which has been here for years. The character makeup on this team sucks and we are satisfied with playing OK in games such as the last one. This is not new and has been passed on from the regime of old. You see the great face offs and the year he decides to score goals but I see the rest of his game including his Captaincy. I think management sees it as well. 

Its like how many didn't want to let the Sedins go even though they were passed their prime. Its time, let it go.

Just now, EdgarM said:

See, that is where we differ. We have a thing on this team called the country club which has been here for years. The character makeup on this team sucks and we are satisfied with playing OK in games such as the last one. This is not new and has been passed on from the regime of old. You see the great face offs and the year he decides to score goals but I see the rest of his game including his Captaincy. I think management sees it as well. 

Its like how many didn't want to let the Sedins go even though they were passed their prime. Its time, let it go.

You have zero idea Bo is responsible for that. You’re just assuming. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

We should have benefited from trading Miller off a career year. Trading your on pace for 59 goal captain is a fail. 

We totally agree on dealing Miller at the 2022 TDL.  But the best offers were in futures, and our owner will not accept that kind of return for key core pieces.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It was a horrible day when Linden got traded.  But the result ended up being the ?Twins and our best team ever.  

And Bertuzzi and then Luongo. Set up our core(s) for a good period of time.

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t disagree with you. The time to trade Miller was at last year’s deadline. I would have been in favour of moving him then. Now it’s too late. His value right now is not as high as it was. However, BO’s value is at its highest ever, so if there is a deal there you make it. 

You can’t be in favour of trading Miller at his highest point and not BO. That makes no sense and tells me you have too much of an attachment to BO. If we can land a haul for BO like we did for Linden you do it. We are not a contender. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t disagree with you. The time to trade Miller was at last year’s deadline. I would have been in favour of moving him then. Now it’s too late. His value right now is not as high as it was. However, BO’s value is at its highest ever, so if there is a deal there you make it. 

If the fence can be mended with Bo I would still try and move Miller and sign Bo. 

• Upvote 1