The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Was just looking back in this thread…on Thursday or Friday someone on Twitter said it was down to 4 teams, DET, BOS, SEA and one more, and was really hinting at SEA.

Was that when the Bo for Wright rumour started?

8 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Was just looking back in this thread…on Thursday or Friday someone on Twitter said it was down to 4 teams, DET, BOS, SEA and one more, and was really hinting at SEA.

Have to think there would be more teams interested more than those 4 mentioned. Detroit to me only makes sense if Bo signs as a UFA July 1st, followed by a childhood picture of him wearing Detroit swag

Just now, Neutral said:

Have to think there would be more teams interested more than those 4 mentioned. Detroit to me only makes sense if Bo signs as a UFA July 1st, followed by a childhood picture of him wearing Detroit swag

Definitely, and a bunch more teams have reported to be interested since then

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we traded Bo for Wright that’s about as close to an actual rebuilding move as we can make.  

I don't think so.  Wright may be able to step in next year and contribute.  Remember, he was supposed to go #1 overall at one point, so the talent is there and he had a good world juniors.

If we draft Bedard I can see this:

Miller   Wright   Bedard

Bedard played right wing at the WJC.  With Wright at centre and playing that 200' game that could free up Bedard and Miller to absolutely destroy the opposing team in the offensive zone.  With Petey and Kuzy on the other line, oh my...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • There it is 2

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think so.  Wright may be able to step in next year and contribute.  Remember, he was supposed to go #1 overall at one point, so the talent is there and he had a good world juniors.

If we draft Bedard I can see this:

Miller   Wright   Bedard

Bedard played right wing at the WJC.  With Wright at centre and playing that 200' game that could free up Bedard and Miller to absolutely destroy the opposing team in the offensive zone.  With Petey and Kuzy on the other line, oh my...

Petey, Hughes, Wright, Bedard.  That would be one heck of a core four.  Add Double Bubble Demko and that’s a Cup level core five.  Build out the supporting cast (like how Gillis did) and we are looking darn good. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey, Hughes, Wright, Bedard.  That would be one heck of a core four.  Add Double Bubble Demko and that’s a Cup level core five.  Build out the supporting cast (like how Gillis did) and we are looking darn good. 

Except you need a strong D to win a cup......Wright and Bedard change none of that.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Except you need a strong D to win a cup......Wright and Bedard change none of that.  

Sign Ryan Graves and Jake Livingstone in the summer as free agents.  Trade for Callan Foote and let him play with his father.  Keep Hughes, Schenn and Bear.  There are your 6 guys.  Plus OEL is still around.  Maybe Adam Foote can help turn his game around...

• There it is 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We're not getting Bedard. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sign Ryan Graves and Jake Livingstone in the summer as free agents.  Trade for Callan Foote and let him play with his father.  Keep Hughes, Schenn and Bear.  There are your 6 guys.  Plus OEL is still around.  Maybe Adam Foote can help turn his game around...

Assuming Livingstone wants to even come here. 

5 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

True, but look at teams that do win.  They often have one really good D (who they drafted) and then make smart trades and signings to build out the rest of their group.  We have Hughes.  We need to use Gillis like greatness to bring in the rest of the D. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Why wouldn't he?  He's the same as Bedard.  Born and raised in BC and played in Langley before going to Minnesota...

I'm just saying, just because a player is born in BC doesn't mean they'd want to come home to play. 

We've had some BC born player who were hall of famers, and they never want to come home to play, Sakic, Yzerman, Kariya to name a few.