The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Return of Edler and the Kings Vs Boudreau lead Canucks, Dec 6th 7pm pst

Rate this topic

86Viking

I've been listening to Boudreau sound bites all day and he's perfect for the Canucks. This is his first day and he's already figuring out the improvements needed and wanting to put his stamp on it. I think he'll also get through to Petey and Boeser.  Geez, is it 7:00 yet?

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, WZRD said:

Boud really knows his sh#&

Encouraging Boeser giving him permission to shoot more. I think guys need to be selfish more. There was too much passing. 

Walker on the pk should be good. See who he puts out there. 

I think overall the energy is higher now. 

No more quiet coach on the sidelines. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Wow!! a Coach who totally makes sense? Many will see why there was so much complaining lately and they will see what entertaining hockey really looks like, FINALLY!! ::D

So refreshing to hear Boudreau speak, well informed experienced coach...I am excited to see how the rest of the season pans out!! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

How crazy is it that's it's been nearly a decade since we had a coach who just dumbed down the game and focused on playing players where they are most likely to succeed...

Wow, a player who has a great shot should maybe shoot a lot?!? Not Torts ("get down and block those shots Boes"), Willie ("Megna is taking your spot in the top 6"), or Green ("park yourself behind the net"), that's for damn sure... 

Or better yet, playing Chiasson on the # 1 PP, even though Green could've put spark plugs like Podkolzin or Garland up there. Green's stubbornness made me really sour. People say Green is gonna get hired. No way.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Or better yet, playing Chiasson on the # 1 PP, even though Green could've put spark plugs like Podkolzin or Garland up there. Green's stubbornness made me really sour. People say Green is gonna get hired. No way.

Isn't Chiasson still on the first unit PP?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The neat thing about Boudreau is that his hiring has probably been in the works for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been watching Canucks games for a while 

Doubt he's coming in blind 

He was contacted late last week gauging his interest. Was on a flight into Van on Sunday and he said that he has been keeping tabs on the Canucks. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Isn't Chiasson still on the first unit PP?

Sadly he is yup, I would try Dickinson in front of the net on a PP unit. I know that sounds ridiculous given his near invisible offensive production so far but if he has good hand eye co ordination for tipping pucks why not try him out on one of the PP's?