The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 06, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

I don't need Thomas Drance.  I have eyes and have seen the garbage on the ice and in the front office year in and year out. Just because you're a crap team doesn't mean it's "growing pains".  It's been crap for 8 years and crap was the status quo this year too.  There was no growing... Just pain.  If you think Benning is so good go cheer for whatever team he's GM of next, except that might be tough because he's never getting a head GMing job again. 

So, are you cheering for tonight and what the Canucks did or are they the crap and status quo? Was there visible improvement or are you expecting it all to slide back into oblivion and a slash and burn of the whol thing

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Not sure I've ever seen a more dramatic "&^@# you" game to an outgoing coach

What a contrast to last game, I love it 

What do you mean? Do you mean with the way the team played tonight?

16 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Congrats to Canucks for a big win

Congrats to Bruce for the winning of his first coaching with Canucks

Congrats to Demko for the first SO this season

There were lots of changes to-night.

The whole team looks more fast and energy.

The PP was more aggressive, players turned around and around, and more shootings.

The PK was quite good, especially put Pettersson as a Pker.

The whole team shown totally difference, compared with under Green's coaching.

Keep it!

did the team look more structured in their system(s) and play?

58 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ditto and Imo, Green played the role of a great coach but his record contradicted the persona he was projecting.

Looking forward to how they will play against tougher competition.  What a difference from the Pit game.

Who's the next game against?

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Multiple NHL quality coaches were.  Benning chose to not hire one.

Why do all the Benning haters keep quoting the same thing? We all thought it was a bad idea. His loyalty caught up and ended up being a bad trait in this regard. 

Either you believe the team that Benning put together can play for a playoff spot and it was coaching OR you believe we need to burn the season and the team. It is all garbage.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

1. Because at the end of the day, owners need fans to pay the bills.

2. You really don’t think the team looked different tonight? Benning was fired yesterday. Stands to reason he “built the team”. What he also did was re-up the coaching staff you say was the problem and refused to fire them when it was clearly shown that they were. 

You and your BENNING BUILT THIS TEAM sign is just as stupid as a banner to FIRE BENNING. He built the team but couldn’t get anything out of it because of bad cap management, sketchy pro scouting overall, and loyalty to quite possibly the worst overall coach in Canucks history. And honestly after 8 years his time was up. 

He has one flaw…..lol sure he does.

Always the most negative person.

Do we need to burn the team and start from scratch or can we push for a playoff spot and a decent record?

I wonder if you will be able to say anything positive now that we moved on... hmmmm

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, ABNucksfan said:

Oh ya thants another reminder… Benning basically lost Macewen and Gadjovich. For Chaisson (a player even Edmonton didn’t want) :sick:

Both those guys were excellent playoff depth players. Big fast and hardworking… 

They lost those players because Green wasn't going to play them so JB tried to send them down quietly. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Yeah but the best trade-offs available at the time weren't immediately obvious. JV was a young 1st round pick that had been on pace for 20+ goals the year prior. It would have been difficult to not qualify him. 

He definitely made his bed with the bad contracts he had - LE & company, but he was pretty hamstrung during those offseasons. He was going to have to let some people go, just unfortunate it was Tanev and Toffoli. 

Remember too that Tanev got injured a lot (probably the way he was being deployed) so that had to factor in - commit 4m+/year when he was only giving us an average of 2/3 of the season? Hard to justify that. 

Shhh he does not like logic. He cannot whine and complain then.

• Cheers 3

Nice win.   A loss to start probably wouldn't have taken much of the elation off these boards but this just went very well, about as well as it could have.  New coach.   Glad to see Dickinson on the wing finally where he belongs.  Special teams mattered in a positive way for once.   And Demko was just superb.   Bruce is like a young uncle or older cousin to me but can see the grandpa vibes.   He's got a potty mouth too lol.  Comedy.   Last person that gave me those vibes was Quin.  

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Why do all the Benning haters keep quoting the same thing? We all thought it was a bad idea. His loyalty caught up and ended up being a bad trait in this regard. 

Either you believe the team that Benning put together can play for a playoff spot and it was coaching OR you believe we need to burn the season and the team. It is all garbage.

The Benning haters cheering like they feel vindicated while heaping praise on a team he built pisses me off not gonna lie.

Yes he should have moved on from TG, that seems kind of obvious but all these people acting like a team he built won today because he was fired is beyond reaching. 

Blame him for the coaching staff and that's justified but the rest is ?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Just curious - which team and GM do you idolize in terms of a team that “rebuilt the right way” and became an elite team in record time?  Go Ahead....reveal this team to us.

After that, I would like you to do a playoff history search on said team and see how long it took for said team to become really good.  

I think this will be a good exercise and learning experience for you.  

For me it's the NYI and the Oilers.   What those four years of drafting did was just unreal.   Different times and different era, and one started with the greatest player ever to lace them up.   And no way either of those teams would have been able to fit them under the cap.   I grew up when WSH just sucked all the time.   Even a fluke Kolzig run they weren't a contender.   So maybe WSH the one that drafted Ovi.  They actually had two very good cores, it was the second one that got them a cup.   CHI is nuclear right now so will stay away from them.   But one thing that the cap era has taught us, and really same thing goes for the era before it (Detroit and NJ were awful in the 80's) ....it takes a lot of losing to finally get to the end game. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I thought last night was one of his best games eh

Absolutely.   Of all JB signings last summer, he seemed like the safest.   His PK ability was absolutely needed after what we traded.    But he's not a very good face off guy .... Glad Bruce isn't trying to put a square peg into a round hole.   Also a coaching change usually  motivates at the start.   Will be interesting to see how things play out now.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

The Benning haters cheering like they feel vindicated while heaping praise on a team he built pisses me off not gonna lie.

Yes he should have moved on from TG, that seems kind of obvious but all these people acting like a team he built won today because he was fired is beyond reaching. 

Blame him for the coaching staff and that's justified but the rest is ?

JB wasn't close to perfect.   He was doomed coming in with what was left.   And surprised he lasted that long - he did because of QHs, BB and EP.   When 2/3 of those guys aren't working, and the ball of goods he sold to the Aqua family and the fan base too isn't working ... he simply ran out of lives.    It was the right move in my mind anyways.   What will be fun to follow, is where Green ends up next.   And not to be a party pooper, what happens if and when the fanbase turns on Bruce too.   

• Wat 2

So I missed some excitement having to go to bed early. 

Watched the condensed game on youtube… what a complete effort. The Lammy goal was a direct result of a HIT ON THE FORECHECK by Chaisson. Good things come when you do what it takes to get the puck back. Other team isnt going to give it to you very often, so go take it. I love the aggressive style of play particularly with a rock like Demko back there. 

Garland is magic as always, Bo’s engine started really working in the closing half if the game it seems after a somewhat slow start. 

Obviously not EVERY game will go this way but… man what a nice start. Especially at the end the guys all looked so happy… not just for winning but for each other. Goals from guys on long no-scoring streaks and the look of relief/happiness was immense. 

I’m still in paradise and I posted it in the GDT but my rainbow pic is coming out again because thats how it feels. 

GCG! 

image.thumb.jpeg.ccdf20be13fe7ac8bdbee3483c85a751.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

EP is all class...

Several times he get leading questions, at which time he could easily throw JB or Green under a bus, or divert the blame for the poor season so far, but he never took the bait. 

All class

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1