The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Myers to Montreal for Toffoli

Just now, qwijibo said:

3 lines going? Vancouver is 28th in the league for goals for/game.  Just ahead of Montreal.  I wouldn’t say they have 3 lines going.  Regardless a rebuilding team line Montreal has no use for a 31 year old $6m boat anchor with 3 years left on his contract. 

calling Myers a "boat anchor" is trolling, even for you.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

3 lines going? Vancouver is 28th in the league for goals for/game.  Just ahead of Montreal.  I wouldn’t say they have 3 lines going.  Regardless a rebuilding team line Montreal has no use for a 31 year old $6m boat anchor with 3 years left on his contract. 

Umm that is pre Boudreau.  I'm talking about right now.  Don't care what happened when Green was here.  He should be arrested for crimes against Canucks fans.  With Boudreau all of our lines were flying last game.  Even Dickinson and Pearson looked dangerous.  We don't need another scorer.  We need more defensive players, especially on the 4th line and on defence.

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Umm that is pre Boudreau.  I'm talking about right now.  Don't care what happened when Green was here.  He should be arrested for crimes against Canucks fans.  With Boudreau all of our lines were flying last game.  Even Dickinson and Pearson looked dangerous.  We don't need another scorer.  We need more defensive players, especially on the 4th line and on defence.

Lol. 1 game? You consider all of Vancouver’s  issues solved after 1 game? Ok. It still doesn’t address the fact that Myers  holds negative value to a rebuilding team like Montreal 

Edited by qwijibo

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Lol. 1 game? You consider all of Vancouver’s  issues solved after 1 game? Ok. It still doesn’t address the fact that Myers  holds negative value to a rebuilding team like Montreal 

All of our problems are not solved after one game.  However, it looks like we are headed in the right direction.  As for Myers, with a little work with Shaw and with Baumgartner out of the picture that negative value that he held will change real quick.  Same with Poolman.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

All of our problems are not solved after one game.  However, it looks like we are headed in the right direction.  As for Myers, with a little work with Shaw and with Baumgartner out of the picture that negative value that he held will change real quick.  Same with Poolman.  

some folks were doing their "negative value" and "replacement level" dance before the guy even stepped foot on the ice for us. Its just trolling, particularly when it comes from our resident Habs troll.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The negative value comes from his age, the size of his contract, the length of his contract, and his play relative to his cost. 

Even if his play miraculously improves to the point where he’s only slightly overpaid the other issues still make him a no go for any team rebuilding b

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Toffoli would be playing defence of course...

OEL-Myers has been pretty solid for us.

I'm not opposed to moving Myers in a deal that makes sense, but for a declining meh Toffoli? makes zero sense.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

The negative value comes from his age, the size of his contract, the length of his contract, and his play relative to his cost. 

Even if his play miraculously improves to the point where he’s only slightly overpaid the other issues still make him a no go for any team rebuilding b

Well if Montreal is tearing it down they definitely wouldn't be trading Toffoli for Myers.  They would want Höglander or Podkolzin.  Too bad they got little Cole instead.  Their rebuild is gonna be tough, especially in a hockey market like Montreal.

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

some folks were doing their "negative value" and "replacement level" dance before the guy even stepped foot on the ice for us. Its just trolling, particularly when it comes from our resident Habs troll.

Lol I’m a troll now ?  That’s rich.   Tell you what. You go ahead and put me on ignore and I’ll return the favour.