The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

We could honestly be a realistic landing spot for Chychrun. He’s in the age bracket we need and want, on a team friendly deal with a little term, plays a position of need, has played and succeeded under our coach.

That islanders pick with 2-3 other assets could honestly be in play if we felt like he was a good piece for us. 

I assume it would have to look something like: 

Chychrun 

for

Isles first

Podz

Rathbone

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I just wanna know who tf is playing goal with these Demko proposals. You may as well just waste whoever’s career comes back In a Demko trade 

They are not Demko proposals they are predictions what this management is thinking of doing.  Rutherford doesn't like a team that is saved by the goalie.  He wants a more balanced structured team.  It could happen buddy. Not saying he's right just responding to what he has been saying for the last year.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Chychrun doesn’t make any sense for us especially at the price they’re gonna ask

Hes a UFA in 2 years and will probably be asking for 9 mil. We need young D men who are more cost controlled.

Chychscrub will be on LTIR, so that’s 9 mil in cap space! 

4 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

They are not Demko proposals they are predictions what this management is thinking of doing.  Rutherford doesn't like a team that is saved by the goalie.  He wants a more balanced structured team.  It could happen buddy. Not saying he's right just responding to what he has been saying for the last year.

Well the way I see it we have 0 NHL goalies without Demko. If Rutherford trades Demko he is truly insane imo 

• There it is 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Chychrun doesn’t make any sense for us especially at the price they’re gonna ask

Hes a UFA in 2 years and will probably be asking for 9 mil. We need young D men who are more cost controlled.

I agree and disagree. Chychrun fits the age bracket of when we look to compete and the overall age of the team. He fits great along Hughes and has the Tocchet connection. The next contract would be a concern given Hughes, Peteys next raise, and Miller. However I would guess the cap goes up no less than 4-5 mil before his next contract. 

Financially we’d be past Myers, Boeser, Beauvillier, the new Kuz deal, 1 year left on Garland so an easy cap dump. Players who will become important for us will likely still be cost controlled such as Podz, Raty, Lekkerimaki, etc. 

Young cost controlled dmen are a great idea and needed but for my money I’d rather make a run at a guy we can afford who’s established if we are dead serious about competing in a year or 2. 

• There it is 1

If it's the Kings I'm expecting something involving Grans, picks, maybe Turcotte, Kupari, or Kaliyev

I'll be a bit surprised if Clarke is involved, I've been bullish on his being a piece LA wants to keep 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1