The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

6. Arizona GM Bill Armstrong refused to comment when asked, but it now sounds like the Coyotes are gauging the market on Jakob Chychrun. I’ve heard the ask is massive, but that doesn’t mean opponents are running away. He’s signed for three more years at a very reasonable $4.6 million AAV and is a terrific player. This is one to watch.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-urgency-covid-19-grows-pausing-schedule-will-last-resort/

-29? 

I know it's not a meaningful stat but wow. He is on a minus per game pace. Don't know when was the last time such a feat was achieved.

A good player but cost is probably too high for us to acquire and we have two excellent LDs. I'd say we need a complimentary player for 3LD spot, and Chychrun isn't that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If we had a 1st to trade this year rutherford this is the player to do it on.  Figure out a package and make it happen because if he's available someone will pull the trigger a lot quicker than us.  I can see the Avs, Bolts and Rags involved with this asap.

Secondary to this I'd also be looking at how to pry Dahlin away from the Sabres if in fact one of the two of Dahlin/Chycrun is potentially viable in a trade

Edited by Warhippy

2 minutes ago, thundernuts said:

If only he was a RHD...

Hughes is so mobile he can easily start a shift on the right side, so I don't see JC being a lefty as a barrier to the deal.

Chychrun-Hughes

OEL-Myers

thats a legit top 4. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If we had a 1st to trade this year rutherford this is the player to do it on.  Figure out a package and make it happen because if he's available someone will pull the trigger a lot quicker than us.  I can see the Avs, Bolts and Rags involved with this asap.

Secondary to this I'd also be looking at how to pry Dahlin away from the Sabres if in fact one of the two of Dahlin/Chycrun is potentially viable in a trade

I was actually thinking the same thing about Dahlin the other day.  I wonder if something like Hoglander + DiPietro + Hamonic (cap dump) would get it done.  The problem I've had is that every dman I think of seems to play the left side...

I would love Chycrhun but am leary of an overpay. What is he? The Norris nominee type of last year or a player that struggles with consistency like other years. The ask would be our first, maybe Hogs or Pods. Not all of that but those pieces. I'm for trading that first but not sure if Chyc is the one. Our first and dump Pearson for Chyc has me intrigued though.

28 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Rangers put together a strong offer.  Lafreniere has been underwhelming so far, but has shown chemistry with Hayton.

that seems plausible. We can't afford the asset drain, and need to really strengthen our C depth too. Nice to play with the idea but can't see this happening with what we have to offer. 

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

YESSSSSS!

I would trade a 1st

2023 1st

Rathbone

Dipietro

Mcdonaugh

thats not a bad package

I doubt that gets it done. They'd be looking for at least one legit RFA roster piece too. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Alf will have a fit. But I don't think the numbers work. Unless we're sending Brock there. And man I'd feel real bad about sending Brock to Arizona. 

• Cheers 1