Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

5 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Jakob Chychrun

Defense -- shoots L
Born Mar 31 1998 -- Boca Raton, FL
[24 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 220 [188 cm/100 kg]

Total Salary is $5.4 Million for next season &  $7 million the season after, then he's a UFA 

Chychrun is a good young defenseman but I don't understand why everyone thinks he's bonafide #1 pairing superstar

In 7 seasons in the NHL he averages:   25 points season and only plays 53 games a year...which would indicate he's injury prone. That's probably the real reason they've been sitting him. LOL

Hardly spectaluar numbers  ( .47 points a game) and he's out or injured  half the season. I realize he's big and his point production is probably limited because of the team he plays on but people need to take there beer googles off and have a closer look at what their getting.

You mean a 20+ minute a night, 50+ points defensemen, who’s still pretty young, with a good cap hit for 2.5 seasons?

You’re right, he’s nothing special.

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

You mean a 20+ minute a night, 50+ points defensemen, who’s still pretty young, with a good cap hit for 2.5 seasons?

You’re right, he’s nothing special.

I said he was a "good" defenceman... but not a #1 defenceman. His point totals the past 7 years are: 20, 14, 20, 26, 41, 21 & 28  (not 50+) 

He might play 20+ minutes a night (i didn't check) but it's arizona...who else are they gonna play. LOL I would also think his point totals would be higher or inflated

as they probably play him more.  The biggest issue I see is his ability to stay healty. The most games he's ever played in a season is 68 (rookie year) and his 7 year average is 53.

As I said, on a good team he's probably in your second pair (3rd or 4th)...so I agree with you, "he's nothing special"...but still good and young. 

Arizona is asking to much for him but then again it's the TD and you can ask for whatever you like.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix

A lot of things have to happen to have us acquire Chychrun and the balance will just be off regardless, but here goes an option just for fun:

-Miller for Pettersson, McGinn, Pickering and a 1st

-Pitts 1st, NYI 1st and Rathbone to ARZ for Chychrun

-Myers moved to Chicago in the offseason for FC (High cap, low dollar amount)

-Sign Schenn, Livingstone and re-sign Bear

Hughes - Chychrun (playing his off-side)

OEL - Livingstone

Pettersson - Bear

Schenn

Certainly better than this year.