The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Jan. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I don't care what position we're in at the deadline unless he wants out I pray they don't trade him. All this talk of cap is silly, you keep your star players and move the ones who are expendable. 

Every year we hear the same crap about the cap yet Benning was still able to add to this group or keep the guys he wanted and it's no different with JT Brock and Horvat.

Between the 3 JR will need to find maybe an extra 2 million give or take for each but the cap will be 2 million more in 2 seasons while Lou cap recapture is gone along with Jake and Holtby buyouts as well. Maybe it costs us Pearson or Hamonic or both etc but if these guys wanna be here there is absolutely no reason to trade guys in the peak of their careers.

Hell give extra term, every GM does it in a cap world and if we win a cup nobody will care if we signed JT to a six year deal instead of 4-5 year deal.

I think cdc forgets who hamonic is so that’s okay….. as much as I don’t like pearsons contract, he has a knack for scoring goals when we really need them. Was it just me or was he an absolute monster on the forecheck in Washington???? If he could bring that every night I’d keep him , if not the emergence of podzilla makes him irrelevant and I’ll drive him to the airport myself…… good post 

• Cheers 2

Funny but the result never felt in doubt during this game even when they got the first goal.  We just stayed calm and kept playing our game.  Bruce can say the team has the heart of a lion and I won't argue, but even with the fights and chippiness from Nashville, we were unflappable tonight.  You can't play like that if you're not confident. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Watching Juolevi play for the Panthers tonight I can confirm this.

I was one of the people who thought we should keep Juolevi just in case he bounces back. I no longer think that.

We were right to move on. Any high level hockey sense he has will be limited by his physical abilities at the NHL level.

I had such high hopes for the kid and supported him and defended him and Benning for picking him but Jesus, we could have had Chychurn or McAvoy lol. Tkachuk was never gonna happen his Dad was on record as not a fan of our organization and Sergachev while obviously better than OJ is not someone I'm a big fan of and besides hindsight is always 20/20. Lam is becoming another guy like his Motte and Highmore that have become under the radar good trades.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Edmonton's version of Paterson / Drance. Every market has one ::D

Yeah, the dude leads into the question with a whole story and then asks the player some trivial question to justify his lead-in story.  

Drance used to be the worst when it came to that, but I think he's learned his lesson after JT Miller got irked over the way Drance portrayed him in one interview. 

Big win!

Demko was great again.

Pettersson was back, he will bring Canucks in another level.

Boeser also back.

The whole D-group were good tonight, I like Burroughs a lot, suggest to give him more opportunity.

This game, I noted that Pety new line was quite good,

and Highmore line was successfully.

JT - Brock - Pearson also not bad.

The only thing Coach need to consider about Bo line,

I prefer Bo, Garland, Dicky.

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Thank you sir. And ya I notice TP always is always forchecking hard and is often the first guy in and seems to be really good at getting his own chip ins which is probably why TG loved him so much. He's a guy that isn't flashy and for that reason maybe he gets overlooked sometimes but the sh*t people say about him seems really silly. He's a guy every coach who coached him loves, including Bruce.

I don't love his contract but honestly I don't think it's egregious especially term wise, he's still pretty youngish.

Yeah the online fandom leads to everyone wanting us to have three lines and two d-pairings comprised entirely of league minimum players. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah the online fandom leads to everyone wanting us to have three lines and two d-pairings comprised entirely of league minimum players. 

When you look at the really good teams they all have guys like Tanner, he plays hockey the right way and every single deadline a team pays a price that Stat watchers are like wtf? Only to see said player usually contribute in a positive way when it matters. I thought he was excellent in our bubble run and kings fans loved him.

He's like a not as good winger version of Phil danoult (wrong spelling), he's a guy that I really wish was a Canuck.