The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Feb 8th Coyotes Vs Canucks 7pm PST on SN

Rate this topic

86Viking

9 minutes ago, x00x said:

weird, he seemed fine in is instagram stories, partying and having a great time..., very weird

Without knowing all the details, admittedly, it does seem a bit concerning about character of our star talent with the few days they’ve had off. Sure, it’s their time, but in a pandemic, and with this team needing wins bad, Hughes is stuck in the US with Covid, missing multiple games in Canada, and Petey is seemingly sick after some partying. Meanwhile, the women’s Olympic team is being so careful that they’re wearing bloody N95 masks during their entire game against Russia.

Would Hughes have risked his US-visiting break if this was a contract year for him? Would Petey have been using the mini break as a time to find his game if he was in a contract year this year? 
Would our former core players like Linden or Sedins shown this kind of dare-I-say character flaw? Are star players now just spoiled millennials who put themselves before their teams?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

5 games is a small sample size and even though the PK has done well as of late, all year has been mediocre and defence is suspect at best. 

PK has been hovering around 80% under BB.  Our 5v5 defense was also #1 prior to last game.  Don't know how much it went up if any after last game though.  In reality, it's the offense that has sunk us most this season, other than the PK (prior to BB).

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Without knowing all the details, admittedly, it does seem a bit concerning about character of our star talent with the few days they’ve had off. Sure, it’s their time, but in a pandemic, and with this team needing wins bad, Hughes is stuck in the US with Covid, missing multiple games in Canada, and Petey is seemingly sick after some partying. Meanwhile, the women’s Olympic team is being so careful that they’re wearing bloody N95 masks during their entire game against Russia.

Would Hughes have risked his US-visiting break if this was a contract year for him? Would Petey have been using the mini break as a time to find his game if he was in a contract year this year? 
Would our former core players like Linden or Sedins shown this kind of dare-I-say character flaw? Are star players now just spoiled millennials who put themselves before their teams?

Oh my good God :picard:

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I watch every game and our defence is mediocre at best. Benning built our defence based on a best case scenario and it has been anything but all year. On top of that the PK is absolutely atrocious. 

Our team defence has gotten better in a big way though. We’ve done a damn good job considering the personnel outside the Top 3

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

PK has been hovering around 80% under BB.  Our 5v5 defense was also #1 prior to last game.  Don't know how much it went up if any after last game though.  In reality, it's the offense that has sunk us most this season, other than the PK (prior to BB).

Yeah I agree with that, but gotta include the fact that our D (minus  2 guys) cannot get our forwards the puck with a quality breakout pass to save their lives.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, awalk said:

Yeah I agree with that, but gotta include the fact that our D (minus  2 guys) cannot get our forwards the puck with a quality breakout pass to save their lives.

Except they have. You just have guys like Dickinson getting breakaways.

1 minute ago, awalk said:

We have guys, they're just not doing it well enough other than Hughes.  But in the O-zone there's no finish.  That's the issue.  The Canucks have the worst shooting % in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Except they have. You just have guys like Dickinson getting breakaways.

It's not just DIckinson though.  I don't think Pettersson has a goal on the breakaway and he's had a few.  Garland's missed a few, JT also.  These are prime scoring chances and they're not scoring.  Most games, the canucks have the edge in expected goals for.

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

We have guys, they're just not doing it well enough other than Hughes.  But in the O-zone there's no finish.  That's the issue.  The Canucks have the worst shooting % in the league.

Who outside of Hughes and OEL are making quality outbreak passes on a consistent basis? And OEL has been playing stay at home mostly. 

I actually really love Myers but he truly is a chaos giraffe out there...he's not making great breakout passes consistently. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Viper007 said:

It's not just DIckinson though.  I don't think Pettersson has a goal on the breakaway and he's had a few.  Garland's missed a few, JT also.  These are prime scoring chances and they're not scoring.  Most games, the canucks have the edge in expected goals for.

I totally agree. I was just remembering the game with Dickinson having 2 breakaways