The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Feb 8th Coyotes Vs Canucks 7pm PST on SN

Rate this topic

86Viking

2 hours ago, awalk said:

IT'S GAME DAY BABAAAY

image.png.512dd6710f2c3724ab049f07de09f090.pngVS Arizona Coyotes Alternate Logo | Sports Logo History

COOL ORCA WHALE WITH RAD SWIMMING ABILITIES  VS WEIRDDDDD ABSTRACT DESERT DOG WITH BAD SWIMMING SKILLS

But... and SOOOO much more importantly,

it's... the RETURN of the KING,

and best CDC emoji of all time (mods pls bring back)...

The Coyotes shared this picture on their Twitter account in honour of Loui  Eriksson's 1000th game tonight : r/hockey

Hump Day Hockey: Loui Eriksson finally scores goal (in right net) for  Canucks | Offside

Very funny Loui Eriksson all time Canucks "highlights" (Must watch) -  YouTube

Loui Eriksson set to play in 1000th game 12/6/21 | HFBoards - NHL Message  Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Tale of the Tape: 

- Quinn and brother Jack were exposed to the 'rona over all star break, Quinn will not play... WHO will go in QH #43's place?

- A quick 'Bruce Brings the Facts' note on replacing QH #43 tonight (TLDR: we can't but we'll try)

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1490859750031978498?s=20&t=X2B_4rzBqDtl965DGqiekg

Here's the practice lines via Batch,

Pearson-Miller-Boeser

Dickinson-Horvat-Garland

Motte-Lammikko-Chiasson

Podkolzin-Dowling-Höglander

OEL-Juulsen

Schenn-Myers

Hunt-Burroughs

Sautner

*Note: Arizona will also field a full roster as per NHL requirements. But none of their players were noteworthy enough to list here, outside of King Loui. 

There that took 5minutes. 

5CA925C7-4A87-4D0D-B63B-0187F2868A0D.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This team isn’t built to trounce anyone Hughes or no Hughes.

The coyotes, despite their lack of high end talent, are a hard working team that have the ability to keep games close.

The Canucks better show up ready to work. They’re not in a position to think any game is a gimme.

If I am Bruce, I am continuing to work on things and rinse the stench of Green off this team. 

Rutherford and Alvin should be working the phones to move the guys who aren't going to be here long term and get some assets for them. 

Let the kids play. 

I think that Quin has decided to help the team tank .  

So Petey was sent home for none covid related illness. OK, Hmmmmm

No Rathbone. Interesting.

Hog is on the forth line. Right.

And you all think I am the only one who thinks we should tank for the next two years.  LOL

8 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Sorry if this has been answered, but do we know if Hughes is in Canada or the US right now?

“Quinn Hughes must remain in the U.S. under NHL protocol quarantine guidelines and would be available for the Canucks in their Feb. 17 game at San Jose.”

Kuzma

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm confused. Didn't they change the rules after the all star game on covid? Or is this simply a US travel restriction? 

That’s the NHL rules.

He obviously tested positive at the border and has to quarantine in the states for 5 days.

10 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Anyone else disappointed Quinn when to Vegas to watch his brother and risk getting covid and missing games like he did? I sure am...the Hughes brothers are going to have many years of playing in all star games together.

I really think this was a poor selfish decision that now impacts the Canucks and their next 3 games that we will NOT have Hughes in our lineup. But being optimistic, maybe this give OEL prominent time to find out how to score again! Maybe Rathbone gets a look as well, playing tonight for Abbotsford then get recalled?

10 hours ago, Odd. said:

He didn’t go to Vegas

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm confused. Didn't they change the rules after the all star game on covid? Or is this simply a US travel restriction? 

Quinn did not go to Vegas, but he did go to the U.S. I think it is reasonable for @Canuckster86to draw attention to it, because if was a risk. 

The NHL does not do testing anymore but everyone still has to test when they cross the border.  That is a Canada rule, not an  NHL rule. It does not matter if he is showing symptoms or not. 

Quinn crossed the border so he was tested, and it requires a 10-day "quarantine" before he can play in  Canada. However, he can play before that in the U.S., so he can meet the team in San Jose.  

Like everyone else I am big fan of Quinn Hughes but,  like I said, he did make the decision to go. If he had stayed in Canada he would he have been able to play in the next three games.  

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

You must not have been watching the games. D has not been the problem. O has been the problem. Benning is gone you can watch the games instead of the media

I watch every game and our defence is mediocre at best. Benning built our defence based on a best case scenario and it has been anything but all year. On top of that the PK is absolutely atrocious. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I watch every game and our defence is mediocre at best. Benning built our defence based on a best case scenario and it has been anything but all year. On top of that the PK is absolutely atrocious. 

Yup, you sure do watch the games. Last 5 games it has been 100%. Keep watching the games. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Quinn did not go to Vegas, but he did go to the U.S. I think it is reasonable for @Canuckster86to draw attention to it, because if was a risk. 

The NHL does not do testing anymore but everyone still has to test when they cross the border.  That is a Canada rule, not an  NHL rule. It does not matter if he is showing symptoms or not. 

Quinn crossed the border so he was tested, and it requires a 10-day "quarantine" before he can play in  Canada. However, he can play before that in the U.S., so he can meet the team in San Jose.  

Like everyone else I am big fan of Quinn Hughes but,  like I said, he did make the decision to go. If he had stayed in Canada he would he have been able to play in the next three games.  

Okay, yeah, that might have been a bad judgment call on his part. But we don’t really know the circumstances. Maybe he stayed back from their last road trip before the break because he knew he was getting Covid and knew he would test positive if he went right away and tried to ride it out before heading back to Vancouver?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Eh, he's 22 and went home to see his family during the all-star break. With how widespread omicron has been, he could have easily caught it anywhere. I get the quarantine now makes it tough on the team for the next few games but then he's got 180 days to travel cross border and back without needing a pcr test. I don't hold the decision against him at all. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Yup, you sure do watch the games. Last 5 games it has been 100%. Keep watching the games. 

5 games is a small sample size and even though the PK has done well as of late, all year has been mediocre and defence is suspect at best. 

Edited by canuck73_3