The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(OFFICIAL) SUPER BOWL LVI GAME THREAD

Bruce Boudreau

It was not the holding penalties on LA's winning drive that killed the Bengals.  The Bengals lost the game becasue they could not make 1 yd when it was 2nd and 1 at midfield during last minute of game.   Poor selection of plays cost them.   Should have run three straight running plays to get first down.   They were only 10 yards from field goal position.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DonLever said:

It was not the holding penalties on LA's winning drive that killed the Bengals.  The Bengals lost the game becasue they could not make 1 yd when it was 2nd and 1 at midfield during last minute of game.   Poor selection of plays cost them.   Should have run three straight running plays to get first down.   They were only 10 yards from field goal position.

Those calls shouldn’t have happened to begin with but yeah, there’s zero excuse for those calls especially not having Mixon in. 

2 hours ago, Pears said:

You don’t call anything all game then you call the softest hold of the freaking year. Good lord we got robbed. 

I still can't get over how that play was allowed to even happen. It was a false start by the Rams :picard:

• Like 2

Just now, UnkNuk said:

And now it's eight.

At this rate, why even bother playing the game?   Just call the two captains out, flip the coin and award the Superbowl.

Makes for a pretty good live betting angle though if you are stuck on which side to pick, or don't care about either dog in the fight, maybe you just want your bet to win  and have a good time?

8 hours ago, DonLever said:

I don't know for the life of me how on the last Bengals drive that Samaje Perine would be on the field over Joe Mixon. Samaje Perine is straight up garbage and should never see the field over Joe Mixon

8 hours ago, Pears said:

Those calls shouldn’t have happened to begin with but yeah, there’s zero excuse for those calls especially not having Mixon in. 

Yup, i dont get why Zack taylor had Perine in there. Joe is better in every way shape or form, running or catching the ball better than Perine. Samaje Perine is CFL material

9 hours ago, Pears said:

You don’t call anything all game then you call the softest hold of the freaking year. Good lord we got robbed. 

That hold on Wilson was BS, thats a pretty light call. Had the Bengals won, I know Tee Higgins played well tonight, but there couldve been a serious case for Logan Wilson being the SB MVP (had they won)