The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

12 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i mean the coaching staff insist on putting boeser on Miller's wing regardless of it not working.. i've always perferred Boeser with EP rather than Miller. his ES goals in the latter part of the season all came playing with EP not miller. look at our powerplay setup.. boeser is not even in a shooting position in the setup.. Miller is playing the left side shooting position and boeser is down below the goal line.. when our powerplay was good back in 2019-2020 boeser is in the position currently occupied by miller. but since the 19-20 season.. boeser been playing closer to in front of the net and now below the goal line. ain't gonna score much from back there..

Garland getting more ES mins then Pettersson.. why it's not that hard to see why.. Garland plays in the top 2 line.. Pettersson plays on the 3rd line with whatever scrap they decide to give him.. he gets most of his time on the PP.. being on the top 2 line u are either playing with Miller or Horvat.. if they are on the ice.. chances are you are on the ice.. are you going to put EP Dickinson/chaisson/hoglander/lammiko/highmore on ES over Miller with better players Boeser/garland/Pearson/podz? or horvat for defensive assignment?

just coz he's 4th or 5th amoung our forwards doesn't really mean much.. it just means there's no other option to put out there. Garland is more like an energy guy that can occasionally put the puck in the net.. he got hot in the last month of the season scoring 16 points in april.. if he was to continue his pace prior to april? he would have had his lowest points per game since his rookie season in arizona.. and that's playing with much better players than arizona. 

if the management views garland as a viable top 6 forward.. why are there so much rumors in trying to move him? he's cost controlled for many seasons to come.. and the canucks are not exactly swimming in players that are top 6 capable.. Garland on a contending team ideally would be a 3rd line winger that can play up the lineup like pearson when needed.. in the covid paused season in the qualifying and 1st round of playoff.. Garland was very ineffective in the series win against nashville and the lost against colorado.. he have a big heart but he's simply too small to be effective as your top 6.

I don't think it's rumours of "trying" to move Garland. He's easily moveable. It's more rumours of teams interested in him. I don't think they were "trying" to move Boeser, Miller, or Garland at the deadline. It was more of a case of teams calling and either testing the water or making offers. There was no real reason to move any of them at the deadline unless an offer blew them away as none were pending UFA's. There's also been rumours of moving Boeser. Does that mean he's not a viable top 6 forward? Do rumors about moving Miller mean he's not a viable top 6 forward? Not sure how trade rumors define a player as top 6 or not.

Garland ideally a third line winger? You've been playing too much EA. Among all right wingers in the league (with 25 or more games) he was 7h in ES pts per 60 minutes played and among ALL forwards he was 29th in the league. There aren't many teams that wouldn't view him as a top 6 forward.

On 6/12/2022 at 12:57 AM, wai_lai416 said:

Lol you need an actual player to replace boesers 25 goals.. and no he wasn’t injured at all last season.. and because injury is part of the game winger depth is even more important and we have 0. Miller will never be a winger on the canucks. Pearson is ideally not ur top 6. Bruce doesn’t view garland or hoglander as a top 6.. so outside of podz we have 0 top 6 wingers.. pretty sad winger depth.. if u have to fill ur top 6 with a bunch of 3rd 4th line wingers and not 1 of them is a sniper. You listed 11 players minus miller.. only 1 player you can say is a legitimate top 6 or possibly top line player.. pretty sad depth no? 

Then tell me, who you would move to free up cap space?  Myers?  Move OEL to the right side?  Canucks only have so many options 

We’re weak in pretty much every position except centre.  If we can sign Kezmenko I’d be tempted to just sign Boeser to a 1 year deal, qualify Highmore and Lammikko and roll the dice on the season next year.  We’ve got everyone signed at that point and I think we could make noise in the playoffs.  Roll the dice and see what happens. 

5 hours ago, Baggins said:

I don't think it's rumours of "trying" to move Garland. He's easily moveable. It's more rumours of teams interested in him. I don't think they were "trying" to move Boeser, Miller, or Garland at the deadline. It was more of a case of teams calling and either testing the water or making offers. There was no real reason to move any of them at the deadline unless an offer blew them away as none were pending UFA's. There's also been rumours of moving Boeser. Does that mean he's not a viable top 6 forward? Do rumors about moving Miller mean he's not a viable top 6 forward? Not sure how trade rumors define a player as top 6 or not.

Garland ideally a third line winger? You've been playing too much EA. Among all right wingers in the league (with 25 or more games) he was 7h in ES pts per 60 minutes played and among ALL forwards he was 29th in the league. There aren't many teams that wouldn't view him as a top 6 forward.

Production wise sure he’s great at even strength but he’s too small to be effective top 6 in the playoffs we’ve seen how small players shutdown in the playoffs over and over and over again.. there are very few exceptions like Martin St. Louis. In his only playoffs the 2 round he played. He was completely neutralized and non existent. He’s fine in the regular season but down the stretch and into the playoffs he won’t be much used. He was lucky to have that torrid stretch in April with 16 points. He was no where near 29th right up until that hot streak. 1 great month doesn’t off set months of mediocrity production wise.. how many top 6 forward goes months without getting a goal?

ok month’s is probably exaggerating but 19 games latter part of feb all of march and 1st week of April 

Edited by wai_lai416

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Production wise sure he’s great at even strength but he’s too small to be effective top 6 in the playoffs we’ve seen how small players shutdown in the playoffs over and over and over again.. there are very few exceptions like Martin St. Louis. In his only playoffs the 2 round he played. He was completely neutralized and non existent. He’s fine in the regular season but down the stretch and into the playoffs he won’t be much used. He was lucky to have that torrid stretch in April with 16 points. He was no where near 29th right up until that hot streak. 1 great month doesn’t off set months of mediocrity production wise.. how many top 6 forward goes months without getting a goal?

we have?

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

ok month’s is probably exaggerating but 19 games latter part of feb all of march and 1st week of April 

How about he gets to the playoffs before deciding what he will be. I don't care if he's not scoring goals if he's setting them up. Which he was. Still scored almost twice as many  ES goals thatn the team sniper did.

you still haven't rational why you believe Bouda doesn't see him as a top 6 forward.

13 minutes ago, Baggins said:

How about he gets to the playoffs before deciding what he will be. I don't care if he's not scoring goals if he's setting them up. Which he was. Still scored almost twice as many  ES goals thatn the team sniper did.

you still haven't rational why you believe Bouda doesn't see him as a top 6 forward.

Didn't Boudreau call Garland a 3rd liner?

Not many guys who are 5'8" on skates excel in the playoffs.  Do Tampa or Colorado have guys that small in their top 6?

Edited by Elias Pettersson

43 minutes ago, Baggins said:

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not many guys who are 5'8" on skates excel in the playoffs.  Do Tampa or Colorado have guys that small in their top 6?

ya i dont recall if it was boudreau or it was JR.. one of them called garland a 3rd liner.. it's not what i believe.. it's what the management believes.. if he didn't finish the season on a tear.. he easily would have finished the season as his 2nd worse statisical season behind his rookie year.. and he's literally been playing in the top 6 the entire season.. 

btw how is 18 vs 12 almost twice as much?? he literally need to score another 6 which would be 1/3 of his total output.. 

25 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya i dont recall if it was boudreau or it was JR.. one of them called garland a 3rd liner.. it's not what i believe.. it's what the management believes.. if he didn't finish the season on a tear.. he easily would have finished the season as his 2nd worse statisical season behind his rookie year.. and he's literally been playing in the top 6 the entire season.. 

btw how is 18 vs 12 almost twice as much?? he literally need to score another 6 which would be 1/3 of his total output.. 

Garland is only a top 6 forward if he is playing for Arizona or a non playoff team.  Any team that wants to take a shot at the Cup is not going to have Garland in their top 6...

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland is only a top 6 forward if he is playing for Arizona or a non playoff team.  Any team that wants to take a shot at the Cup is not going to have Garland in their top 6...

yup love the player love his tenacity but can't be relied on for points in the playoffs especially against heavy teams in a 7 game series. his stats vs the top 10 avg biggest team is like 4 goals 9 assist -1 in 22 games not good not bad but i expect that number to shrink even more if we make it to the playoffs

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

yup love the player love his tenacity but can't be relied on for points in the playoffs especially against heavy teams in a 7 game series. his stats vs the top 10 avg biggest team is like 4 goals 9 assist -1 in 22 games not good not bad but i expect that number to shrink even more if we make it to the playoffs

Yeah, looking at Colorado, they have giants in their top 6, half are 6'3" or bigger.  Tampa has the biggest team in the league, at an average of 6'2" 206 pounds.  That is a big reason why they are close to 3 peating...

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Brayden Point? 

I mean, he’s 5’10, so a little taller than Garland…

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So what’s he worth if there’s a trade to be had? 

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah, looking at Colorado, they have giants in their top 6, half are 6'3" or bigger.  Tampa has the biggest team in the league, at an average of 6'2" 206 pounds.  That is a big reason why they are close to 3 peating...

And they play like a pak of wolves..their fast too.. their relentless on the forecheck..The canucks are no where close to these two teams..big changes are needed to compete to their level..go big or go home

Edited by Rackdawg
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

I got it from 5 on 5 stats...

Goals.png.59fbb5cb6711d748724e08a591d026bc.png

Here's Garland's goaless period. Yet he still outproduced Boeser. As I said, I don't care if you're scoring the goals or setting them up, you're contributing to the score.Assists.png.cfc518a40e5afcd5842f705d43b8474a.png

Edited by Baggins