The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You're working under the assumption that Toronto has a qualified GM and NHL quality defencemen.  They have neither.  You are really underestimating the stupidity of Dubas.

Mark my words, there is no chance in hell...with any GM that we are getting a 1st or 2nd straight across for Myers. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

Trading Schenn makes the most sense, but he's also the guy I'd offer a retirement package to to keep him in vancouver as a depth defenceman for $1 million a year for 4 years.  Alternatively he's the guy I'd offer $1 a year then trade him to a contender every year and re-sign him every off season to the same deal until we were ready to conted.

Myers makes sense because he's an rhd, size etc etc etc and teams dgaf about much else other than cap and contention.  he'd net a 2nd no matter what people want to believe.

Myers makes the most sense monetarily to go for us, Schenn the most sense for them.

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trading Schenn makes the most sense, but he's also the guy I'd offer a retirement package to to keep him in vancouver as a depth defenceman for $1 million a year for 4 years.  Alternatively he's the guy I'd offer $1 a year then trade him to a contender every year and re-sign him every off season to the same deal until we were ready to conted.

Myers makes sense because he's an rhd, size etc etc etc and teams dgaf about much else other than cap and contention.  he'd net a 2nd no matter what people want to believe.

Myers makes the most sense monetarily to go for us, Schenn the most sense for them.

Trading Schenn makes the most sense for Toronto yes, Trading Myers makes the most sense for the Canucks 100%. Like I said if the team is going to trade Myers, it's a cap room move only, they aren't tryin to get immediately better by doing so. We aren't going to get a defenseman better than him in return it's a move that's looking ahead to the off season and will have little do to with this season.

He probably won't, no matter what you want to believe lol. Not straight across anyways, we may get a 2nd from Toronto but I feel there would be another piece or two involved. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

42 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Mark my words, there is no chance in hell...with any GM that we are getting a 1st or 2nd straight across for Myers. 

It's so sad this even needs to be said on here. lol

Its more likely Canucks GIVE UP a 1st or 2nd to get rid of Myers!

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wtf? 4 years? I mean Schenn is a good guy and plays "the right way" but thank God your not in charge of these things!

52 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Any GM under than Dubas.  We're talking about a guy who is as stupid as Mike Millbury; common sense doesn't apply in this case. Take Toronto to the cleaners before he is replaced by someone with a functioning brain.

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I don't think Canucks will make full tear down.. 

Canucks will keep - Demko 26-- Hughes 22-- Petey23 -- Podkolzin 21- Mikheya -- (1 -Horvat 27  or Miller 29)

Boeser or Garland -- I would trade Boeser

Hoglander 21- great speed I would be in no rush to move him..

probably not, but I'd be up for it if it did go that way. 

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Hard to say, likely not unless Bo was willing to extend 

Miller to Winnipeg makes more sense given they have a hard time retaining some guys 

Miller likely wouldn't be thrilled but eh, he gets his money

I think you have to involve Miller in where he goes, otherwise we lose a lot of credibility. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think you have to involve Miller in where he goes, otherwise we lose a lot of credibility. 

I've mentioned that in other threads, as yes, it'd help with the optics of it. But I don't think it'd hurt as much as people think, it's not as if we'd be competing sooner than later anyway. I think most would understand that a shift in organizational direction would have happened very rapidly. 

I'd rather involve him in a trade destination as I think it'd probably be best, but no, I'm not opposed to dumping him. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I've mentioned that in other threads, as yes, it'd help with the optics of it. But I don't think it'd hurt as much as people think, it's not as if we'd be competing sooner than later anyway. I think most would understand that a shift in organizational direction would have happened very rapidly. 

I'd rather involve him in a trade destination as I think it'd probably be best, but no, I'm not opposed to dumping him. 

hmm. Thats a tough one for me. Credibility is really hard to build back once its gone. Its not like the difference in deals will be all that much between one team or another, maybe a slight shift in where in the bottom 1/4 of the 1st round, maybe a different prospect position? not sure its worth it to dump him without any consultation. Its 7 years of the guys life and his kids, have to remember there's a family involved too. 

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

hmm. Thats a tough one for me. Credibility is really hard to build back once its gone. Its not like the difference in deals will be all that much between one team or another, maybe a slight shift in where in the bottom 1/4 of the 1st round, maybe a different prospect position? not sure its worth it to dump him without any consultation. Its 7 years of the guys life and his kids, have to remember there's a family involved too. 

I did say my preference would be to have him involved, there are US based teams I think we could find him a home with if we take cap back. But I'm also more ruthless in my approach. 

I did say my preference would be to have him involved, there are US based teams I think we could find him a home with if we take cap back. But I'm also more ruthless in my approach. 

coconut is one of the harder nuts.

I guess if it came down to having one single option to move him, then there's not much choice. 

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

coconut is one of the harder nuts.

I guess if it came down to having one single option to move him, then there's not much choice. 

I still like the idea of Miller to the Isles for something around Bailey+ or to the BJ's for something around Miller plus more cap for Voracek+. I think there are options out there, it's just we likely won't get the return many of us were hoping for back towards the trade deadline.

Chytil, Lundqvist, and a 1st sure looks good right now considering Lundqvist wound up being traded for a 1st himself. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I still like the idea of Miller to the Isles for something around Bailey+ or to the BJ's for something around Miller plus more cap for Voracek+. I think there are options out there, it's just we likely won't get the return many of us were hoping for back towards the trade deadline.

Chytil, Lundqvist, and a 1st sure looks good right now considering Lundqvist wound up being traded for a 1st himself. 

yea if that was really a trade on the table, not sure it existed outside of the media. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Muttley said:

The strongest rumor I see involving a Toronto / Vancouver potential trade of some variety is the Leafs would like to get a hold of Luke Schenn..

Such a solid professional and player for the younger guys to learn from. That said offer up a 2nd round pick and I would move him. If we are at any point going to start building up draft capital. 

• Upvote 1