The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in John Marino

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I’m not a fan of trading Garland, but that’s a deal that obviously makes us better and aside from liking Garland, I think this trade is a no brainer. 

Getting rid of Dickinson and Poolman and rounding out our top 9 and top 4 would completely change the team for the better. And getting a 1st round pick in return to boot.

Pearson/Miller/Boeser

Hoglander/Petey/Rodriguez

Kapanen/Horvat/Podkolzin

Motte/Lammy/Highmore

Chaisson

Hughes/Schenn

OEL/Marino

Hamonic/Myers

Burroughs

That is one helluva good team.

It also gives us existing NHL roster depth on F should we get to the post season. Bodies are good, bodies with talent are better though. 

will absolutely still need to grab one more Dman on the cheap who can play in the 4-6 role for the playoffs too. 

Just now, RWJC said:

It also gives us existing NHL roster depth on F should we get to the post season. Bodies are good, bodies with talent are better though. 

will absolutely still need to grab one more Dman on the cheap who can play in the 4-6 role for the playoffs too. 

I wouldn’t mind Jacob Middleton. Good solid left handed defenseman, physical, and a good fighter too. And contributes offensively as well. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I wouldn’t mind Jacob Middleton. Good solid left handed defenseman, physical, and a good fighter too. And contributes offensively as well. 

Not familiar. Will look him up.

yesssss, good call.

Edited by RWJC

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

You would have to add to trade those guys.  Both have negative value...

Off-season moves.

at this point, if you can’t move them by the deadline, it just means added depth for playoffs with no acquisition cost. Dickinson will play hard come playoffs, methinks. 

Yes either Garland or Boeser need to be traded in order to get someone like Marino.  Dickinson or Poolman would be dead weight added to any deal...

We’re not doing more deals where we lose value to dump cap.

If that’s the case keep Dickinson and Poolman.

Im not convinced you can’t dump them on a team like New Jersey, Seattle, or Arizona for a late pick though.

Yes either Garland or Boeser need to be traded in order to get someone like Marino.  Dickinson or Poolman would be dead weight added to any deal...

And Crapanen is their dead weight.  We will trade Garland for Marino.  That's pretty much a saw off.  Then we exchange some crap.  Each team will miss their good guys, but be happy with the one good guy coming back.  The crap no one will miss.  And the new crap might get a bounce for a few games.

41 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If it means we get to send Poolman back...?

And I actually think Kapanen might just mesh really well with Horvat.

This exactly. Boeser + Poolman for Marino +Kapanen/Rod is a cap in/out scenario. We get an extra pick/prospect for giving up the best player.

Nope.  I'd rather keep Poolman than Kapanen.  100% do not want.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We’re not doing more deals where we lose value to dump cap.

If that’s the case keep Dickinson and Poolman.

Im not convinced you can’t dump them on a team like New Jersey, Seattle, or Arizona for a late pick though.

You can dump anyone on Arizona for the right price.  A late round pick is worthless to them though.  However, they do need to reach the cap floor next year so they could be a trading partner for us for some of our dead weight...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

You can dump anyone on Arizona for the right price.  A late round pick is worthless to them though.  However, they do need to reach the cap floor next year so they could be a trading partner for us for some of our dead weight...

Seattle is shifting approach too and Francis has let it be known they are willing to take on redundant contracts. 
only problem is their D is relatively stacked already, but they will be dumping Gio soon, so….

• Upvote 1