The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Flyers interested in NYR’s Lundkvist, Jones and Othmann

RWJC

Per TFP (The Fourth Period)

Flyers are enquiring about NYR’s D Nils Lundqvist, D Zac Jones, and F Brennan Othmann.  

Maybe Giroux + in works but can’t imagine he would accept a trade to the Rags of all teams. 

Giroux will cost less than miller, sounded like Othmann was not someone NYR wanted to move. Giroux is not really a C though, and they were wanting someone with term to replace strome and miller is certainly a massive upgrade on strome who will prob want 5.5mill -6mill per year x 5 or so going into his 30s and he does not look like he is going to age well.

Zac jones is like Rathbone-lite, he does not move the needle for me, also he is like NYRs like 7th best prospect or something, he will likely make the NHL, but he is a small 3d pairing guy most likely with some upside but less than Jacky, Othmann is a legit prospect, but I would be surprised if Rags move him for a rental. I could see Jones + NYR 2nd 2022 and a 2023 2nd for Giroux 

Edited by Canucks Curse

3 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Giroux will cost less than miller, sounded like Othmann was not someone NYR wanted to move. Giroux is not really a C though, and they were wanting someone with term to replace strome and miller is certainly a massive upgrade on strome who will prob want 5.5mill -6mill per year x 5 or so going into his 30s and he does not look like he is going to age well.

Giroux's 900+ draws taken with a win pct. of 61% so far this season says otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

Take your facts and go somewhere else! :lol:

Should never let facts muddle up any conversation...it's only opinions that matter, right?  (Was having a consultation with an ER doctor last night on behalf of my two months old son who my wife and I took to the hospital because of what looked like respiratory problems, and really, all he was giving me was his best medical opinion...sort of like what my lawyer does when it comes to giving me his legal opinion on laws that are entirely open to interpretation and a judge's decision...sort of like what my accountant does when it comes to giving me his opinion on how far we can push the amount that can be claimed for depreciating assets).