The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks l Saturday, March 19/22 l 7:00 pm PT - GO CANUCKS

Rate this topic

-DLC-

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Tonight, we will be getting Harnarayan Singh and Cassie Campbell-Pascall as our commentators.

I dont mind Singh, I can tolerate the kid...Cassie on the other hand....id rather listen to a seal give Birth while the neighbor revs his motorbike under my kitchen window...ill be trying to synch my 40 year old AM radio with the TV tonight....

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Tonight, we will be getting Harnarayan Singh and Cassie Campbell-Pascall as our commentators.

Those two actively cheerlead for the bloody

Flames.  When he yelled Gudreau for 20 seconds the game he scored the winner I threw up...

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kings really aren't very good.  Byfield is terrible. No way they play him down the stretch.  Byfield is Jake dumb.

Well they’re also without their number 1 scorer and number 1 D man.

The goaltending which I predicted they were squeezing a lot out of is starting to fall off.

2 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Go and look at the kings remaining schedule. A lot of favourable matchups 

Those are actually trap games in reality though.

I’ve said before I’d rather not play non playoff teams down the stretch. Those are the teams that are loose and still looking for something to prove.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chris12345 said:

No ketchup chips in the US!

I like sea salt kettle chips.  I need to learn to open the bag from the bottom, so I can really get the benefit of the salt.  It's kind of opening the cereal box from the bottom so I could get the prize as a child. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, brilac said:

I like sea salt kettle chips.  I need to learn to open the bag from the bottom, so I can really get the benefit of the salt.  It's kind of opening the cereal box from the bottom so I could get the prize as a child. 

Good life hack.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Vegas winning is fine that just couldn’t be a three point game.

The Knights have a tough schedule coming up and we have those three games against them.

The Kings can still be reeled in if they keep getting poor goaltending.

I love your optimism but Vegas seem to have recovered from their slump. I agree that our upcoming games against them and Dallas will  probably determine our fate for this season, however we can't afford any more soft losses like the one on Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

You're too young to know this, but you could be the "Salt Beastie" from Star Trek.

June 25, 2014: Let's kick off our Star Trek TOS re-watch with The Man Trap!  - Joseph Mallozzi's Weblog

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I love your optimism but Vegas seem to have recovered from their slump. I agree that our upcoming games against them and Dallas will  probably determine our fate for this season, however we can't afford any more soft losses like the one on Thursday.

Yup we've got 67 points with 20 games left.  Likely need to go 15 - 5 the rest of the way to get in.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Taphouse Canuck said:

I think LA were just bad tonight.

And they got a good performance from a Thompson. That’s not gonna happen every night.

They’ve got the Wild, Jets, and Preds coming up. Could easily be 3 losses in a row.

• Like 1

Edmonton and Vegas win easily, the Oilers are getting hot again right at the right moment after a big slide. Let's see if Vegas do the same after their little skid.

This is the clutch time right here where good teams pull away and bad teams struggle and fall out of contention. 5 point gap is back though (which can easily be reversed with 3 games against Vegas).

Calgary coming off a poor effort against Buffalo where they got shut out, you know Sutter's going to have been screaming at his players for that one and they'll want a fast start. Good teams don't lose 2 in a row to teams not in the playoffs so this is going to be a hard one. Meanwhile the same could almost be said for the Canucks.

For the season, this is simply a must-win and we really have to beat Buffalo too to go 4-2 on the home-stand. Anything less and the season's just about done for me, we need to hang in there with the other teams constantly winning.

On that note, 3-2 in OT in a true playoff-like game, Myers with the GWG.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The only bright side, and I mean…THE ONLY BRIGHT SIDE…is that we will humiliate them Canada wide tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Leafs can’t even beat the Predators 

losers 

It’s because the Leafs basically have a playoff spot locked up while the Preds are still fighting for one according to the announcers.

The excuses for that team are hilarious.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1