The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, mll said:

He could elect a 2 year award.  His arbitration award can't be less than 85% of his last salary - so 6.375M but that's the floor.  Boeser is going to inflate his ask and they'll end up somewhere in the middle.

Even if he takes 1 year, it still makes him a 1 year rental if his new team can't agree on a long term deal with him.  

true, but I do think that makes him more tradable than today. 

If Brock's agent is playing hardball I think its an option Allvin will consider. Lock Brock in at a reasonable salary and then move him. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

No to any retention thanks.

No to dragging anymore crap with us from previous years.

No to trading 1st round picks away.

No to signing overpaid, long term UFAs.

Etc.

The retention that I mentioned would only be for 1yr on his QO.  Not a multi year waste of cap and money.

Just now, JM_ said:

true, but I do think that makes him more tradable than today. 

If Brock's agent is playing hardball I think its an option Allvin will consider. Lock Brock in at a reasonable salary and then move him. 

Could also just let him talk to teams he is willing to sign with.  

Just now, JM_ said:

based on his performance and comparable contracts, it has to be less than 7.5 doesn't it? maybe not a lot less but whats the case for higher?

Imo, it has cannot be higher, and needs to be a lot less to be acceptable as he is just not worth that much anymore.

I'm starting to side with Alf on this one (God help me) and might prefer that cap space more than the player.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Could also just let him talk to teams he is willing to sign with.  

Brocks agent stuck me as pretty arrogant, I do think the team might need the threat of arbitration to get everyone to the table. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Still a No from me.

We have to quit tying up our future in past mistakes.

You would still say no if by next years TDL a team offers a 1st + prospect for Boeser at 50%?

OK.

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Imo, it has cannot be higher, and needs to be a lot less to be acceptable as he is just not worth that much anymore.

I'm starting to side with Alf on this one (God help me) and might prefer that cap space more than the player.

we don't have to do that. Go team elected arbitration, send him to Detroit or Buffalo for a prospect. No need to just walk away. 

Don't forget we can send him anywhere we want to. Yes the return may not be great, but its better than zero. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

I see a Debrusk-type scenario where he signs below his QO for whatever term that takes him to UFA, then the team gages the market and moves him for whatever reasonable offer presents itself at the right time before his extension expires. 

or re-sign sign, if he finds his mojo again...

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we don't have to do that. Go team elected arbitration, send him to Detroit or Buffalo for a prospect. No need to just walk away. 

Don't forget we can send him anywhere we want to. Yes the return may not be great, but its better than zero. 

I think @mllwould know but I think you can’t trade a player if team elected arbitration.

Were gonna get shafted on this. Let the honey moon be over please. Dude's a slug sure he puts up some points on tap in's and burying rebounds which is a skill set don't get me wrong. But without the puck on his stick he literally does nothing. 

If I have to hear 1 more time that he's an elite puck battler I'm gonna lose it. Brock's never battle'd anyone ever for the puck. Try to get something anything or let him walk. Would not qualify. I'm tired of watching him float around. I'm sure he's a great guy. You know what they say about nice guys.

I want a cup!   

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Lol.  I have a long memory.  The one Brocks agent tried bend JB over a desk and he said no thanks.    Back then we had Brock coming out as the next Brett Hull or even Tarasenko...he's not exactly barely earned his deal has he?  This time with a new GM and JR in the background ... he's going to have a lot of humility and a tail tucked between his legs because he hasn't earned it.    Not just because the cap didn't go up either. Not that he didn't try because i'm sure he did.  Last years Brock was the start of what we thought we might be getting.   This year?  Not a good look.   As far as handshakes go - Brock can sign for the next 8 years for 50$ if he wants too.   As soon as his agent goes QO then the team says FU see you in arbitration. 

Edit:  Brocks agent was asking for the moon on a long term deal last time.    

Thank god Benning didn't bite....

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think @mllwould know but I think you can’t trade a player if team elected arbitration.

Can't walk away from the award but not aware of any trade restrictions and at first glance haven't found any.

• Thanks 1