The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, BPA said:

For the trade Boeser camp, what do you want as a return?  Pick and a prospect?  

We tried to trade him, but (as reported on 650) other teams wanted to talk to Brock about an extension before any trade, and we said no.  So does he even have any value in trade?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We tried to trade him, but (as reported on 650) other teams wanted to talk to Brock about an extension before any trade, and we said no.  So does he even have any value in trade?  

Teams are still interested in him so there is a possibility of a trade.

Just now, BPA said:

Teams are still interested in him so there is a possibility of a trade.

Maybe no team will give up assets because they don't want Brock at his QO, just like we don't though?  I still see us trying to sign Brock to a long term deal where his cap is below 6.  If he doesn't accpt that offer I can see us trading his rights to a team for a later round pick, but nothing more.  PA and JR have said we need cap room.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Boeser is the next priority with his contract due.  Do we keep him?  Or we trade him?

If we keep him, how much do you think he will cost?

I saw a poster say Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as a comparable.  It's actually not that far off when taking into consideration health issues.  If that's the case, I could see Boeser re-sign in the $5.5 to $6M range.

RNH?  RNH is a way better hockey player.  not even close.

As for what hes worth.  Consider Toffoli who is a better hockey player and offers more to a team.  Boeser is worth less than what Toffoli is getting.  Thats for sure.  

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Boeser is the next priority with his contract due.  Do we keep him?  Or we trade him?

If we keep him, how much do you think he will cost?

I saw a poster say Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as a comparable.  It's actually not that far off when taking into consideration health issues.  If that's the case, I could see Boeser re-sign in the $5.5 to $6M range.

As for what hes worth.  Consider Toffoli who is a better hockey player and offers more to a team.  Boeser is worth less than what Toffoli is getting.  Thats for sure.  

24 minutes ago, BPA said:

Thanks.

So I guess Canucks can still trade Boeser.

so my hard-ass plan could play out then. Team elected arb to lower the AAV, then move him. 

Its a harsh way to end the relationship but I just feel like his agent is the type to make this as hard as possible on us. 

Just now, EddieVedder said:

mmm... no. Nugget is softer than a pile of kittens. 

Just now, EddieVedder said:

how is Toffoli better?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

so my hard-ass plan could play out then. Team elected arb to lower the AAV, then move him. 

Its a harsh way to end the relationship but I just feel like his agent is the type to make this as hard as possible on us. 

It’s a business.  So can’t complain.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

this is because PA and JR would prefer to talk to  him about extension first and likely want to get a deal done at a price point they like, if that does not work then they will likely let teams talk to him and work out an extension to facilitate a trade, I think the plan is obvious and I think it is a solid plan. At garland money, I would keep him. I think they are going to try to move Meyers and replace him with a better fit, although he was outstanding for the first 3 months of BB era along with OEL who is clearly hurt now

move out myers - 650 was saying the caps radio team was loving him during their recent game, I think some teams will still find value there even at 6 mill but it would be like a Schmidt trade - probably get a 3rd or 2nd at best back and then replace him.... Kris Letang 6.25x3 years anyone :) obvious PA/JR connection and he would have fun with OEL and Hughes...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BPA said:

It’s a business.  So can’t complain.

I'm not concerned about Brock personally, he'll be just fine. Just want to make sure we can get the best value for him if he doesn't want to sign a reasonable extension. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

move out myers - 650 was saying the caps radio team was loving him during their recent game, I think some teams will still find value there even at 6 mill but it would be like a Schmidt trade - probably get a 3rd or 2nd at best back and then replace him.... Kris Letang 6.25x3 years anyone :) obvious PA/JR connection and he would have fun with OEL and Hughes...

Chris Letang was, was, a quality player! However he is the exact oppositie to what PA/JR want. He's long in the tooth and very expensive, we can't carry yet another over priced D'man, we already have OEL**   

Oliver Ekman-Larsson's salary is $10,500,000 and his cap hit is $8,250,000 for the 2021-22 season. He is a 30 year old left defense who was born on Jul. 17, 1991. He was drafted 6th overall by the Arizona Coyotes in the 1st round of the 2009 entry draft. He has signed 3 contracts worth a total value of $104,250,000. Over a career that spans 12 seasons (with at least 1 NHL GP), he has a total 405 Pts in 830 GP, and 8 playoffs Pts in 25 GP. He will be a UFA at the end of the 2026-27 season when he is 35 years old.

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I'm not concerned about Brock personally, he'll be just fine. Just want to make sure we can get the best value for him if he doesn't want to sign a reasonable extension. 

Allvin said in his presser yesterday that he found out what other teams though about our players.  then we hear that other teams wanted to talk to  Brock about an extension before they would trade for him.  Connect the dots and Allvin knows Brock is wanting more than he's worth.  that greatly reduces Brock's value.  He actually might have no value.  Or at most a late round pick so a team can get negotiating rights prior to us not qualifying him and making him a UFA. 

Creating cap room is very important to this new management.  They might value the cap room created by letting Brock walk more than brock at 6+.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Chris Letang was, was, a quality player! However he is the exact oppositie to what PA/JR want. He's long in the tooth and very expensive, we can't carry yet another over priced D'man, we already have OEL**   

Oliver Ekman-Larsson's salary is $10,500,000 and his cap hit is $8,250,000 for the 2021-22 season. He is a 30 year old left defense who was born on Jul. 17, 1991. He was drafted 6th overall by the Arizona Coyotes in the 1st round of the 2009 entry draft. He has signed 3 contracts worth a total value of $104,250,000. Over a career that spans 12 seasons (with at least 1 NHL GP), he has a total 405 Pts in 830 GP, and 8 playoffs Pts in 25 GP. He will be a UFA at the end of the 2026-27 season when he is 35 years old.

We are stuck with OEL unless we buy him out.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Allvin said in his presser yesterday that he found out what other teams though about our players.  then we hear that other teams wanted to talk to  Brock about an extension before they would trade for him.  Connect the dots and Allvin knows Brock is wanting more than he's worth.  that greatly reduces Brock's value.  He actually might have no value.  Or at most a late round pick so a team can get negotiating rights prior to us not qualifying him and making him a UFA. 

Creating cap room is very important to this new management.  They might value the cap room created by letting Brock walk more than brock at 6+.

I think we'd initiate arbitration before just letting him walk. That kicks the can down to August and puts some control back in the teams court.