The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] No Boudreau? Potential Head Coaches 2022/2023

Rate this topic

Warhippy

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Boudreau being part of the Kuzmenko interview doesn’t seem like something you would do if you don’t plan on being back.

Hopefully they announce something soon.

Bring Bruce back, sign Bo, Miller long term, and sign Bess too.  Let’s go all in right now while we have Demko.  That’s four years.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I only include Pettersson because he has great potential to become a point machine but he will never be more than tha,t as I don't see that "Fire in belly" grit that will separate him as a prominent leader.  My only concern with him (if he gets better) in the next two years, is that if he actually gets back on the point machine "gravy train" ,that we might not afford him when his contract ends.   

You did watch the bubble playoffs? EP competed and handled the physical stuff just fine. The same way he elevated his game in the playoffs in the SHL before that.

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2022 at 5:34 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

Always interesting to read how much JB meant to some but for most "normal" Canucks fans it was more than clear 2-3 years ago that Uncle Jim & TG should have been purged and under NO circumstance - should have ever been resigned - after last year!   WTF was Aqua-Lini thinking ???????????????

This is all on Aqua-lini who has mis-managed this franchise for years from his meddling & interference to poor decision making and lets not ever forget about that.    The fact this franchise missed the playoffs again this year is a direct result of F. Aqua-lIni's decisions!   END OF STORY!

With all due respect - Aqua-lini should stick to building leaky condo's and sell this team to more responsible people..

With all due respect we took LV to seven games two years ago… it was the last season abs first 25 games that ended JB and Greens tenure, as it should have.  

The right people would.have been who, what moves did Rutherford and Alvin make other than to keep the team JB built together with a fresh coach?  

2 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Oh Barry Trotz is suddenly available! 

I want Bruce back but Trotz has been my favorite coach for a long time.

Bruce to the Isles and Trotz here?  Could JR and Lou Lam be talking and Bruce and Barry are in on the conversation?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Bruce to the Isles and Trotz here?  Could JR and Lou Lam be talking and Bruce and Barry are in on the conversation?  

I doubt it!  I've never heard of anything like that before so that would be bonkers.  It would probably involve our team if something that weird happened though lol.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:32 PM, Alflives said:

JR mentioned in his recent 650 interview something I thought very revealing.  He said our structure was bad and players will cheat (defensive responsibility) to score points.   Don’t think he was referring to Petey.  But was he sort of referring to Bo, Miller, and others?  Guys who cheat a bit defensively to get scoring chances?  Not on purpose, of course, but it’s just how they play?

Who are are guys who sometimes get on th3 wrong side of the puck, or make very risky passes in hopes to create a scoring chance?

Miller for sure

Bo gets on the wrong side of the puck quite a bit

Others?  

lol if anything that's literally Miller.. miller is by far the worse defender out of the top 6 group.. he's good at faceoff that's why he's out there a lot with bo in the defensive draws.. and he's good at blocking shots if it doesn't require him to move much.. Miller is very stationary in the defensive zone and 0 pressure.. he plays closer to the blueline then he does to our net so prolly referring to miller.

• Like 1

so now that trotz is fired.. is he the guy we are after?? i rather take him than anyone not named boudreau.. i really wanted to them to just promote one of the assistant to let go till the end of the season and wait and see who's available ie trotz.. i was expecting trotz to get fired mid season tbh but ppl are saying there's no way trotz get fired this year even if they miss the playoff.. but they hired boudreau the who's high on my list

On 5/9/2022 at 7:05 AM, wai_lai416 said:

lol if anything that's literally Miller.. miller is by far the worse defender out of the top 6 group.. he's good at faceoff that's why he's out there a lot with bo in the defensive draws.. and he's good at blocking shots if it doesn't require him to move much.. Miller is very stationary in the defensive zone and 0 pressure.. he plays closer to the blueline then he does to our net so prolly referring to miller.

So if we are taking JR at his word, then Bruce won't be back and neither will be Miller.  Sounds like more than a two year "retool" to me.  Might be a need to bring in a coach who will take the club through a rebuild?

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

He's also won essentially everything that can be won outside of North America

Are you sure aboiut that?

Wiki says he has been in Montreal and Pittsburg since 2006

when was he doing all that off shore winning?