The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 19, 2022 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Agree. When it comes to goalies, I always expect when the backup plays.. Automatic 2 goals against. These are guys who sit and watch and 1/4 of the year, Then are expected to perform against mid season form superstars at a flawless rate lol. We have averaged over 5g a goal for our 6 game streak. This is the perfect time to have some confidence in one of the vital team members  

More team building. The team loves it when a backup wins. All the necessary steps to keep us winning. Let’s go! 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly!  Trap game, and Halak in net.  Seriously bad comb8nation.  Could be a very ugly and disappointing loss that kills our last chance for a playoff birth.  LA wins and we lose and it’s over.  Really bad vibes all over.  

Nah,

Miller, Podz and Ep will fill the Otter-ones with much doubt.

tumblr_p94wrhT1Ry1qc775so1_400.gif.077964faafce186e5e60a615266385b5.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Go have a Scotch, Kreskin. 

Scotch. Great idea but I reserve it for the win. I've been drinking all of my old stuff whilst the team keeps wining. So awesome. Wife is worried about me and I'm worried about the Nucks drive. Tonight is Glenlivit 18.....

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Halak needs D support. If he gets that, we win. 

The D can only limit where shots come from.  Halak must stop those.  If he lets in the shots from low danger areas we are doomed.  

• Cheers 1

Really though whats the deal with zero confidence in halak? 

Goals against per game: 
1-6 times
2-3 times  ------ Lets keep in mind this range 
3-4 times  ------ ALL goalies are in ( maybe other than the rangers kid lol )
4-1 time
5-1 time
6--1 time

And no, It's not " Well most of high GA are from starts and 1-2 GA are coming in for demko "
Not to mention if you look at the game logs between the both of them, They have roughly the same pattern. Both have a game where they let in 4 or more, Then go on a 4/5 game run with 1/2/3 against. I have zero problem with halak as long as you don't expect a shutout when he plays

38 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

You got to be kidding me, don't insult our intelligence. Vast majority of gambling sites employ massive roasters of scouts who specialize in events and leagues around the world. These scouts then report on a daily basis of any player analysis, speculation, weather, etc anything of service to the gambling site.

Massive part of the gambling site revenues goes towards employing these scouts. This is how I envision it at least, I am not affiliated with any of these sites but it is ridiculous to assume they don't analyze mood, team dynamics, charisma, etc they cant use a computer for that obviously they got boots on the ground.

Actually gambling sites don't really care what the exact odds should be, the people that gamble determine that.  

The prices are set and when money comes in heavy on one team, the lines move accordingly and in the end as long as enough money comes in on both teams, the house never loses.  

Some places have their scouts, the other gambling sites can just piggy-back off of other lines that are already posted. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The D can only limit where shots come from.  Halak must stop those.  If he lets in the shots from low danger areas we are doomed.  

If the D can limit the nonsense in front of the net, then Halak is sturdy facing perimeter shots. That should be the game plan. Let Halak stop perimeter shots, because he’s a good goalie. When the traffic gets too much in front, he won’t react as fast as Demko. 

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Really though whats the deal with zero confidence in halak? 

Goals against per game: 
1-6 times
2-3 times  ------ Lets keep in mind this range 
3-4 times  ------ ALL goalies are in ( maybe other than the rangers kid lol )
4-1 time
5-1 time
6--1 time

And no, It's not " Well most of high GA are from starts and 1-2 GA are coming in for demko "
Not to mention if you look at the game logs between the both of them, They have roughly the same pattern. Both have a game where they let in 4 or more, Then go on a 4/5 game run with 1/2/3 against. I have zero problem with halak as long as you don't expect a shutout when he plays

Didn’t Halak get yanked in three of those games?  How many goals does he let in if he stays in?  And those yanks means Demko didn’t get rest, which is the backup’s number on3 job.  

We will need to score 7 to win tonight.