The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Kraken Tuesday, Apr. 26/22 @ 7:00 pm PT

Rate this topic

-DLC-

• -DLC- pinned and featured this topic

Some more....

BROKEN RECORDS

Registering a goal and assist on Apr. 23 at CGY, Quinn Hughes (7-56-63) tied Doug Lidster (1986-87) for most points in a season by a Canucks defenceman (63) and passed Dennis Kearns (1976-77) for most assists by a defenceman in a season in franchise history (56).

CLOSING IN ON 600

Currently holding a career regular season coaching record of 597-317-124, Bruce Boudreau is just three wins shy of becoming the 22nd coach in NHL history and just the fifth active head coach to reach 600 regular season wins. Among coaches with 600 wins to their name, Boudreau's .635 points-percentage would rank second only to Scotty Bowman (.657).

SCORING SPREE

Since Mar. 26, Elias Pettersson (14-7-21 in 13 GP) leads the NHL in goals (14) and shooting percentage (31.1%) among skaters with at least 30 shots. He is now up to a career-high 32 goals on the season.

MULTI-GOAL MENACE

Potting his 30th and 31st goals of the season on Apr. 21 at MIN, Elias Pettersson became the first Canuck to record seven multi-goal games in a single season since Ryan Kesler (9) and Daniel Sedin (7) did so in 2010-11.

30 &THRIVING

Elias Pettersson netted two goals on Apr. 21 vs MIN to join Bo Horvat (31) and J.T. Miller (30) to form the first Canucks trio to each reach 30 goals in a season since Alexander Mogilny (55), Trevor Linden (33), and Martin Gelinas (30) did so in 1995-96.

MILLER TIME

• With 96 points (30-66-96) so far this season, J.T. Miller has already earned sole possession of the eighth-highest offensive output in franchise history.
  • Collecting two points (1-1-2) on Apr. 19 vs OTT, J.T. Miller (30-63-93) became the second player in Canucks history to record both 30 goals and 60 assists in a season, joining Daniel Sedin (41-63-93) in 2010-11.
  • Helping set up all but two of his team's goals in a 7-1 crushing of the Coyotes on Apr. 14, Miller set career-highs in both assists (5) and points (5) in a game. Miller is the fifth player in Canucks history with a five-assist game and the first to do so since Markus Naslund (Feb 25, 2003 vs ATL).

QUINN FOR THE WIN

On Apr. 19 vs OTT, Quinn Hughes (0-2-2) appeared in his 200th NHL game and boosted his career totals to 17-141-157 (200 GP). His 141 assists are the most by any Canucks player through their first 200 career games with the club ahead of Pavel Bure (110), Thomas Gradin (110) and Patrik Sundstrom (104). His 157th career point also ranks fifth-most by a U.S.-born defenceman through 200 career games behind Phil Housley (192), Brian Leetch (191), Mark Howe (189) and Gary Suter (178).

WINNING WAYS

Making 28 saves in his team's 6-2 win on Apr. 18 vs DAL, Thatcher Demko became just the third goaltender in franchise history to register 33 wins in a season, joining Roberto Luongo (5x) and Dan Cloutier (2003-04). On Apr. 12 vs VGK, Thatcher Demko passed Ryan Miller for seventh-most wins (65) by a Canucks goaltender in 19 fewer games played.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not to piss on peoples' parades, but the only way - the ONLY way - we're going to get in now is if:

- Vegas beats Dallas in regulation

- Vegas and Dallas lose the rest of their other games in regulation (not even one point)

- Canuckleheads somehow pull a rabbit out of their collective butt and score W's all the rest of the way.

Go Canucks Go.  :towel:

giphy.gif

Horseshoes. We don't condone the use of rabbits in that way.  :lol:

• Haha 1

SUPER disappointed that I have to miss this game...won tickets in the Pharmasave calendar contest. Sucks. Was also invited to Thursday's game, so double suck it COVID.

But I'm somehow convinced I was meant to be here with all ya homies and I will try hard to grace you with my cough presence, from a distance of course.

GO CANUCKS GO...this year's given us a little bit of everything and we're diehard fans for sure. It's ain't easy being us.

The smallest of margins to get in requiring the biggest of miracles. Let's get it. I will DIE cowbelling tonight if I must. There in spirit.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not to piss on peoples' parades, but the only way - the ONLY way - we're going to get in now is if:

- Vegas and Dallas lose the rest of their other games in regulation (not even one point)

- Canuckleheads somehow pull a rabbit out of their collective butt and score W's all the rest of the way.

Didn't think we had a chance at all as Dallas, even if they lose the rest, would have the same points as us if we win out, but they have more ROW than us...

Go Canucks GO!

Edited by Heretic

Keep going Canucks!:towel:

If Spencer Martin gets the start I'll watch with interest as he is the likely backup next year. Hoping Podz finishes strong and goes on to a Calder Cup. 

Will watch Cole Lind's game. He has been playing steadily for the Krack. Sorry but I am one for attachment. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

You make it sound worse than it is... After tonight all the teams mentioned only have 2 games left... 

Canucks need to win 3

Knights need to win 1 then lose 2

Stars need to lose 3

I know it's the same it just sounds more difficult to win/lose out than it is to win/lose 3. 

• Vintage 1