The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Kraken Tuesday, Apr. 26/22 @ 7:00 pm PT

Rate this topic

-DLC-

7 minutes ago, nergish said:

I don't think either Martin or Silovs have a black set of goalie pads.

Gonna look a bit silly tonight :P

Sharing is caring ;) 

it is the end of season..  new fence pickets in the summer !

Edited by SilentSam

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Well, fluffy bunnies are a little less traumatic than cold, hard iron coming out the poop chute... :bigblush:

I take it you've never tried to trim a bunny's nails? They turn into balls of fury....all teeth and nails and strong back legs. :towel:

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Martin should have been up a month ago. 

I was at the Edmonton game in February where Martin stopped 50 of 52 shots. 

Hindsight's 20/20, but yeah, he definitely deserves the opportunity. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, nergish said:

I don't think either Martin or Silovs have a black set of goalie pads.

Gonna look a bit silly tonight :P

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Nothing a little spray paint couldn't fix... :lol:

...or a quick delivery from ACME couldn't fix !       That's where I order my Lightning Bolts from.......

Christopher Nolan's Tenet Official Trailer, New Wile E. Coyote Movie, and  more!Old Cartoons Road Runner & Wile E Coyote Chariots of Fur on Make a GIF

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

What a work-horse.    I don't think we're surprised, as Demko was certainly not playing at the top of his game for the last week and you could tell there was something off with his agility.    They should just ride the B/U's for the last 3 games as our season is essentially over.  No use risking further long term injury to Demko at this point.   

Playing Demko when not at his “fittest” or “best” & not finding a way to bring up Martin sooner, may have contributed to losses in the past week.  But, so did some major gaffs in player deployment….like Boudreau sitting Podkolzin in OT or sending Nic Petan out instead of the same hotter-playing player &/or others in a very high pressure  season/saving sudden-death SO situation. 

Boudreau isn’t infallible, or getting things 100% right, and will be better himself - when he knows, understands & trusts all of these players even better, next season, too, that’s the case for bringing Bruce, back! 

The best thing Podz can do, to endear himself better to his coach… is to keep working hard in practice & the remaining games & improve upon his English so that he can have some far better & proper discourses & conversations with the old man in charge, as well. 

I pray Podz also gets the opportunity to prove himself further, by getting the opportunity to play play-off hockey soon with the “Baby Canucks” in Abbotsford. If he puts that team on his back, meshes with them & leads them by example to produce some important victories…well, that will also go a long-way towards earning a lot more confidence from his NHL coaches, in the future. 

I will be cheering’ for Podkolzin to continue his meteoric rise in development, with both arms wavin’ & hands-up, for as long as he is active this hockey season & post-season! 

Go Canucks Go! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

Had to turn off 650am radio this hour. Nothing significant was being said starting at noon.  :picard:.... 

Canucks Hour with those two clowns is the time that I catch up on podcasts. 

I don't care if someone like Satiar Shah or Randip or whoever is talking about the struggles of our team, the problems and deficiencies because they are level headed and don't sound like dramatic 7 year olds on air. 

You can hear the pain in Drance's voice after Canucks wins and gleeful joy when they lose. That guy makes up his mind and then spends the next two years ignoring what he's seeing and justifying through cherry-picked advanced statistics to prove that he was right. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant