The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[MDSF] New York Rangers (M2) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (M3) | Rangers win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Rangers in 4
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 11:00 PM

16 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t care who wins this, don't like either team hope the beat the crap out of each other and lose next round. 

Rangers deserve to lose for not recognizing the opportunity they had and cheaping out at the deadline.

They tried to have their cake and eat it too by keeping all their young guys and not going all in. 

Probably missed their best chance at a cup because of it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Rangers deserve to lose for not recognizing the opportunity they had and cheaping out at the deadline.

They tried to have their cake and eat it too by keeping all their young guys and not going all in. 

Probably missed their best chance at a cup because of it.

They’re a young enough team they have a few more runs at it. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

They’re a young enough team they have a few more runs at it. 

Not with a roster this good, deep, and players all having career years.

This was their best opportunity. They could have easily spared some players who were luxuries for them for a real shot at the cup.

Really hoping the Pens knock off the Rangers here. I'd like them to go into the off season early, with many questions, like "Should we take another run at Miller?"  I don't really want to trade Miller,  but if the return right.

Besides, kind of pulling for Domingue.   

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not with a roster this good, deep, and players all having career years.

This was their best opportunity. They could have easily spared some players who were luxuries for them for a real shot at the cup.

Not sure I agree necessarily. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I agree. Miller definitely would have made a big difference, but more than likely, not enough for the Rangers to win the cup. 

There's a lot of inexperienced players that still need to develop and take it to the next level. IMO. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well we’ll see I guess.

All depends on how many good years Panarin and Kreider have left.

Obviously they have a good young core but will some of those players be impact guys while their current core is still effective? That’s the real question.

If you have a real shot at the cup you want as many cracks at it as you can. Trading for someone like Miller would have given them a scary good top 6 this season and next season. Missed opportunity IMO.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BarnBurner said:

I agree. Miller definitely would have made a big difference, but more than likely, not enough for the Rangers to win the cup. 

There's a lot of inexperienced players that still need to develop and take it to the next level. IMO. 

Yeah this isn’t even close to the end of the Rangers window imo. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah this isn’t even close to the end of the Rangers window imo. 

Didn’t say it was the end. Just saying this could very well be the best team they have in that window.

There are no guarantees that Kreider will repeat the season he just had or Shesterkin for that matter. Not to mention Strome is likely gone.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, mordekai said:

Strome panarin kreider zibanejed all in their 30s or close to it. I wouldn’t say that’s young 

Lafreniere, Kaako, Fox, Shesterkin, Miller, Chytil are farm from old. The next core is already in place. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lafreniere, Kaako, Fox, Shesterkin, Miller, Chytil are farm from old. The next core is already in place. 

Fox and Shesterkin are great.  But those other guys aren’t anywhere close to replacing what the older guys contribute and look like they never will.  So their next core will be quite a step down.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Their forwards are young and unproven

lafreiniere for a 1st overall pick is underwhelming so is kaako

those 4 older guys are the ones driving the bus this year. Without them they won’t even make the playoffs. And ziba kreider and panarin are all going to want to win now