The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UFA Market - players of interest or not! - (Discussion)

3 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

Manson - love him but so does every team in the league. Someone will over pay / over term him. No chance he signs a 4 year deal. So 5 years yes, 6 given how he plays not sure I want him. But hey never know

Nick Paul or Copp- Yes please

Delauariers - Yes please

Zadorov - Yes please 

Lyubushkin - Yes please 

Forsberg - If Miller/Horvat or Boeser gone

Lines - Assuming Miller is gone (and sadly we won't get all of these guys but if we did!)

Forsberg Petey Podz

Garland Bo Boeser

Pearson Paul/Copp Hoglander

Delauriers Lammiko Lockwood 

OEL Zadorov (shut down and hard minutes)

Hughes Schenn

Rathbone Lyubuskin 

Burroughs/Dermott

Demko

Martin

I think that is a heck of a team and it ignores the returns for Myers and Miller which the latter should be substantial

love that lineup. and if we got 2-3 good prospects/picks for miller, wed be in great shape

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philtbc829 said:

Head In The Clouds Dreaming GIF by kimburgerly

given our Cap and salary mess....

We don't have cap issues, we have cap distribution issues. We have 10 mil in cap space for next year and only really have Boeser to sign. 13 mil I believe once Ferland goes back on LTIR.

Our issue is we need younger more effective players for the dollars we are paying if we want to improve.

Alot of the media and fans keep saying we have cap problems, when we really don't. Of course you need to get rid of cap if you want to bring cap in. That's the reality of most teams in the NHL.

Move Myers, which will not be hard and all of a sudden we have a decent amount of flexibility. Myers is a 6'7'' RD who can skate and take top 4 minutes. His position is at a premium in the NHL. Those saying he can't be moved are silly. If Myers was a free agent and said I'll sign for 2 years at 6 mil alot of teams would be lining up. He can be moved and probably for a second round pick. 

There's alot of maneuvering to do but all achievable, so the idea that we are in cap hell is quite hyperbolic in my view.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pazura92 said:

I want domi!

how much do you think he would want to sign ?

He and Bo are very close, best friends so there's a chance if we re-sign Bo. He's currently signed for 5.3 AAV but other than one 72 pt season before he signed that contract he's been a career 40-50 pt guy. I like the idea as he and Bo had incredible chemistry in Junior, he's a competitor and plays alot bigger than he is. My guess is if you give him term he comes in around Garland numbers. 6 years x 4.5 AAV

He could become a real bargain contract if we could get him there and he rekindles his junior numbers with Bo.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Not a fan of Domi - pass.  See the need for someone like Trochek or Strome - right shot centre.  Playing the past season without Sutter emphasized the need for a right shot centre.  The two I mentioned won't come cheap so juggling will be required, or a cheaper option could be Jarnkrok.   Nichuskin would be a good add on the wing and Lyubushkin on D. 

• Cheers 1

Mason Marchment really intrigues me. He put up 47 points in 54 games averaging 14 minutes a game. Obviously he’s in for a big raise from his 800k salary but I dunno what kind of money he’s worth. If he’s sitting in the bargain bin section though I’d absolutely take a shot. 

Rickard Rakell is a guy I really like. Him or Copp would be my top target, especially if one of Brock or Miller is on the move. 

Also I really want my Tyler Motte back. My guy. 

Defense I’m not sure. With Hughes, OEL, Rathbone, Schenn, Myers, Poolman, Burroughs, I dunno what we even do this offseason. 

Curious about PK Subban could he be an option for a stop gap. He has a wealth of experience. There still some hockey left in him and he won't cost us anything in free agency. His expertise on the PP and his shot could be very useful to us. He's one of the few guys left in the league who can throw devastating open ice hits. If he would sign for Poolman money I'd become interested. Say something like 3x2.5m or 2x3m? 

Before people barge in with he hates us because Jordan Subban blah blah blah. I don't think anyone in their right mind actually thinks he was miss managed here.  He hasn't done anything since with any other clubs.  

image.thumb.png.0a83a0ea970b91e2a00b3cd3ca586a97.png

I'd take a flier on PK for the right price. 

48 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Curious about PK Subban could he be an option for a stop gap. He has a wealth of experience. There still some hockey left in him and he won't cost us anything in free agency. His expertise on the PP and his shot could be very useful to us. He's one of the few guys left in the league who can throw devastating open ice hits. If he would sign for Poolman money I'd become interested. Say something like 3x2.5m or 2x3m? 

Before people barge in with he hates us because Jordan Subban blah blah blah. I don't think anyone in their right mind actually thinks he was miss managed here.  He hasn't done anything since with any other clubs.  

I'd take a flier on PK for the right price. 

Personally I would pass. He's never been good defensively, and his offense is gone. better served using that money for guys who can play D

5 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Personally I would pass. He's never been good defensively, and his offense is gone. better served using that money for guys who can play D

Josh Manson has been playing like Willie Mitchell for Colorado.

Would be so happy if we get him. 

Edited by eeeeergh
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Every team in the league wants him too though! lol 

He's going to be expensive to any team other than maybe Anaheim if he wants to go back...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

He's going to be expensive to any team other than maybe Anaheim if he wants to go back...

Agh I know.. Though Willie Mitchell was pretty expensive too (relative to average contracts at the time).

If we move Myers out, 5m for Manson would be worth it I think. Would be such a huge upgrade defensively.

22 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Ya hell no on Manson it's just compounding our problems. He's on the back slide and will be paid more than he will contribute. Would have loved to get Manson a few years ago but today I think he's a future buy out candidate. 

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Colin Miller is a guy I would be interested in bring in for the right price. I think hes got more to give than Buffalo got out of him. 

Agreed. We'd need to deploy him in a role similar to what he had in Vegas though - offense first, pair him with Hughes? Both Hughes and Miller are defensively responsible enough that they shouldn't be a liability if paired together, and would be a pretty dynamic duo. 

Then a shutdown defenseman to pair with OEL, and give that pair the hard minutes/matchup against McDavid, etc.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:46 PM, eeeeergh said:

He's the guy i've been hoping for the past couple years.    ANA finally traded him ... get they didn't want him in our own division and that a trade was a bit of a pipe dream.   He's going to get a pretty nice contract.    And yes Willie Mitchell is a decent comp, we all know how good he was and what a mistake it was to not re-sign him (sure he was getting older ... but turned out that didn't matter did it!)...

• Cheers 1

On 5/29/2022 at 2:03 PM, hammertime said:

Ya hell no on Manson it's just compounding our problems. He's on the back slide and will be paid more than he will contribute. Would have loved to get Manson a few years ago but today I think he's a future buy out candidate. 

Lol eventually yes on a full term deal, but he's got a lot of good hockey left in him - at least five years, and i'd be shocked if he got more then 6 anywhere.  

Edit:  Some interesting comments from his Dad...who played over 1000 games,  one of the best defensive D's of his era, tough as nails, and the only D ever to pile up the PIMs and go to an all-star game ... think he did it twice (and one of the better enforcers of his era as well, always in the top 20 fighters which used to be evaluated back then year to year)...comes from good stock.   He's a lot quicker then this Dad was - but like him is gritty, and he'd instantly be the best guy in front of our net - make Edler blush and he was decent at that.    A 5 year deal would be palatable.  Also agree it likely won't happen, but i'd trade Myers and sign him in an instant, most of our problems would disappear on the back end, except cap issues, and more youth.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, IBatch said:

Lol eventually yes on a full term deal, but he's got a lot of good hockey left in him - at least five years, and i'd be shocked if he got more then 6 anywhere.  

Edit:  Some interesting comments from his Dad...who played over 1000 games,  one of the best defensive D's of his era, tough as nails, and the only D ever to pile up the PIMs and go to an all-star game ... think he did it twice (and one of the better enforcers of his era as well, always in the top 20 fighters which used to be evaluated back then year to year)...comes from good stock.   He's a lot quicker then this Dad was - but like him is gritty, and he'd instantly be the best guy in front of our net - make Edler blush and he was decent at that.    A 5 year deal would be palatable.  Also agree it likely won't happen, but i'd trade Myers and sign him in an instant, most of our problems would disappear on the back end, except cap issues, and more youth.  

Would be an absolute gamechanger on our penalty kill too. OEL would be so good too if he knew he had a reliable stay at home partner. Those coast to coast plays he did in Arizona.. we could see them again, instead of the lame perimeter wrist shots he takes b/c he needs to worry about what Myers is up to. 

• Cheers 1

If the Canucks trade Miller, I'd be really interested in seeing what Palat is looking for. Paul would also be an interesting option for 3C, but not sure we need another lefty. 

The dream is trading Miller and signing Forsberg. Guy is my favorite non Canuck player, love his style of player. Don't know if I would actually be interesting in throwing the bank at him, but it's fun to dream.