The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrei Kuzmenko | #96 | LW

-AJ-

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Now THAT was hockey! I wonder how many games Bure would get if the tried that today. :lol:

Churla was attacking Pavel and got his comeuppance. Today the guys who can score would go per their pants before being tough. Imagine Jack Hughes going after a guy as tough as Churla. Jack Hughes would cry for his mommy. “He’s being mean to me”! 

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Now THAT was hockey! I wonder how many games Bure would get if the tried that today. :lol:

Four or five. Maybe the most flagrant headshot ever. I know Scott Stevens delivered some brutal hits, but Bure went headhunting and put everything he had into that elbow. It's a shame that Churla was never the same after that.

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Four or five. Maybe the most flagrant headshot ever. I know Scott Stevens delivered some brutal hits, but Bure went headhunting and put everything he had into that elbow. It's a shame that Churla was never the same after that.

Churla was intentionally trying to intimidate/injure/harass Bure. 

Good for Bure standing up to the bitch. Same with Bertuzzi taking care of that scum sucking pig, Moore. 

Someone has to take care of business. 

Edited by BarnBurner
Misspell
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

On 8/13/2023 at 7:52 PM, -AJ- said:

Possibly true. Offense was also a little higher in the early 90s. That said, he was arguably even more impressive in the late 90s/early 00s, scoring 58 and 59 goals when scoring 40 goals was good enough to make you elite.

I would agree that Bure was ahead of the game with his fitness, but I also think that he would still score 60 goals in today's game, especially if you give him the benefit of being raised in the 2000s with more modern tech.

How has the technology changed? I haven’t kept up with it.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:43 PM, BarnBurner said:

Churla was intentionally trying to intimidate/injure/harass Bure. 

Good for Bure standing up to the bitch. Same with Bertuzzi taking care of that scum sucking pig, Moore. 

Someone has to take care of business. 

And not BTO.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

How has the technology changed? I haven’t kept up with it.

I don't know specifics, but for starters, composite sticks VS wooden sticks allow for much more power and accuracy. I imagine similar big changes have also come in skate tech to increase power throughput.

On top of that, we've learned more about the human body and are probably understanding diet and exercise better than we did 30 years ago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I don't know specifics, but for starters, composite sticks VS wooden sticks allow for much more power and accuracy. I imagine similar big changes have also come in skate tech to increase power throughput.

On top of that, we've learned more about the human body and are probably understanding diet and exercise better than we did 30 years ago. 

You know what? I’ve changed my mind. I think Bure could eclipse 60 goals in this era. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:03 PM, Alflives said:

Churla was attacking Pavel and got his comeuppance. Today the guys who can score would go per their pants before being tough. Imagine Jack Hughes going after a guy as tough as Churla. Jack Hughes would cry for his mommy. “He’s being mean to me”! 

I highly doubt Jack Hughes would do that and you have no proof besides him playing for the devils and your empties.

On 7/27/2023 at 3:25 PM, SilentSam said:

And quite possibly,  as exciting to watch as Bure was.

On 8/13/2023 at 12:58 PM, D.B Cooper said:

Bure was one of the most explosive and exciting players to play the game.  
A true hall of fame talent.  

Let’s not compare Kuz to one of the greatest ever.   Hahahah

On 8/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, Curmudgeon said:

For those who never saw Bure play, you need to know that in the entire Canucks' history, there has never been anyone who could generate the pure excitement he brought. He was a one of a kind talent who remains the most talented offensive weapon ever to wear a Vancouver uniform. And, it must be remembered, Bure played in the hook, hold and slash era before the league cracked down on interference, stick fouls, hooking and holding, which makes Bure's accomplishments that much more impressive. Kuzmenko is very, very good, but not in Bure's league.

I do believe I said : and quite possibly “as exciting “ to watch as Bure was .

I was at Bures debut game, watched his entire career ,  yes an exceptional talent skillfully and physically..  no doubt in agreement with the TYPE of player was .

But the excitement a player brings to the game is one bestowed to and on the fan,  

I do believe Kuzmenko, has all the tools to bring the same level of excitement for fans, the one that gets you asking WTF or How TF did that just happen.

Bure would have you sliding to the edge of your seat almost every shift,  I hope Kuz can create that same excitement.

Edited by SilentSam

I keep hearing Kuzy's never going to have the same shooting % and that it's unsustainable.  Here is an example of why these pundents are wrong.  You can say out of his hat trick he only shot the puck once.   One was a deflection the other bounced off his stick, they're registered as shots but it shows you why his % was so high and why it is sustainable. Nobody is doing the math. Kuzy is going to score on 100% of those chances.  And he's going to score between 10 to 15 goals on the powerplay just like the first goal. If he scores 100%  of those kinds of opportunities that's 33% of his goal total for the entire season. it's going to all add up to a very high shooting % once again.  Whoever is saying he can't reproduce his numbers of last year clearly didn't see the games or his goals, just the numbers on a sheet of paper. 

Edited by Pure961089
Spelling, making post cohesive

This is why his shooting % IS sustainable. Because 90% of his goals are tap ins. It's like in golf comparing an 18 foot put to a 1 inch put, they both count as 1 stroke. But the 1 Inch put is going to be sunk 100% of the time. And that's why Kuzy's shooting % will be high again this year. Nothing has changed, not his PP opportunities nor the players he's going to playing with. There's no reason why he can't score 40 goals and maintain his insane shooting %

Edited by Pure961089
  • There it is 1