The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kirill Kudryavtsev | D

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Still holding to my first assessment of him. Still my favoruite day 2 pick of the 2022 class. 

Has all the tools and smarts to out perform all his counterparts that Vancouver drafted. Moves well, makes smart defenaive reads, and comoetes hard. He would be a very nice complementary top 4 piece down the road. Reminds me a lot of Keith Ballard when he was with Florida and Phoenix. 

Would be nice to get a potential gem in a 7th round pick Kirill Kudryavtsev 

Sorry for the bigger text I copy and pasted his name so I got the spelling correct. He seems to have all the tools and is listed at 6' tall on elite prospects. Maybe a bottom pair D similar to Dermott is his upside? Nothing to sneeze at for a 7th round selection and at this point the sky is the limit he is still so young and looks to be having a good season this year 4th in overall team scoring and the top scoring D on the team as an 18 yr old still soon to be 19 in early February. Looking at that you would think he would have be a higher round pick not 7th round!.

Fingers crossed for him and his continued development. Canucks need any and all prospects to pan out and future good draft selections to help replenish the cupboards and try and finally get out of this rut!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Neutral said:

Sorry for the bigger text I copy and pasted his name so I got the spelling correct. He seems to have all the tools and is listed at 6' tall on elite prospects. Maybe a bottom pair D similar to Dermott is his upside? Nothing to sneeze at for a 7th round selection and at this point the sky is the limit he is still so young and looks to be having a good season this year 4th in overall team scoring and the top scoring D on the team as an 18 yr old still soon to be 19 in early February. Looking at that you would think he would have be a higher round pick not 7th round!.

Fingers crossed for him and his continued development. Canucks need any and all prospects to pan out and future good draft selections to help replenish the cupboards and try and finally get out of this rut!

I know that he was listed at 6 feet and 200 lbs, but I thought that it was a pretty generous listing from looking at him during last year's development camp.  

5 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Another assist for Kudryavstev in a 3-2 shootout win for Soo. Now 5th in scoring for OHL defencemen.

Very solid for a D+1 season.  

17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Great D+1 year for him.  

Kinda hoping we make space for him in Abby next year but that may be saved for his D+3 year. 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:34 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

I know that he was listed at 6 feet and 200 lbs, but I thought that it was a pretty generous listing from looking at him during last year's development camp.  

He had a strong development camp, the Canucks prospects were better whenever he was on the ice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna watch Kirill's game today, if anyone wants a link, DM me. 

Edit: This kid reminds me of Tanev except that he breaks up plays before he has to block a shot.  So calm and collected with the puck in tight areas.  Very active stick in his own zone. Constantly breaking up plays. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Gonna watch Kirill's game today, if anyone wants a link, DM me. 

Edit: This kid reminds me of Tanev except that he breaks up plays before he has to block a shot.  So calm and collected with the puck in tight areas.  Very active stick in his own zone. Constantly breaking up plays. 

Active stick comes from an active mind: key attribute for a D. 

• Like 1

Another thing about his production is he is playing on a very low scoring team, and he is 4th on team scoring so he is not just getting his points from other players he is genuinely creating offence.

Maybe our turn to get a late round gem

7 hours ago, logic said:

Another thing about his production is he is playing on a very low scoring team, and he is 4th on team scoring so he is not just getting his points from other players he is genuinely creating offence.

Maybe our turn to get a late round gem

This kid looked good at camp, it'll be interesting to watch his progress

On 1/8/2023 at 11:10 PM, Neutral said:

Guess we got pocket sevens - Kudryavtsev and McDonough.