The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

24 minutes ago, Mr Postman said:

Not sure if you're just trying to be funny, but calling outgoing GMs "bitch" might not be the best way to attract new blood. 

Just my $.02

Just an attempt at humor with a smidge of truth I mean you're hired you don't reply to pms or bumps in thread you post your opening night roster in a different fantasy league then continue not to reply, post or acknowledge when your being called upon by the league to show a pulse then you post that you resign when your comrades do. Maybe bitch is a poor word choice but the sentiment seemed legit.

But in seriousness all the best to those moving on.

We have some work to do but will figure it out

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Just an attempt at humor with a smidge of truth I mean you're hired you don't reply to pms or bumps in thread you post your opening night roster in a different fantasy league then continue not to reply, post or acknowledge when your being called upon by the league to show a pulse then you post that you resign when your comrades do. Maybe bitch is a poor word choice but the sentiment seemed legit.

But in seriousness all the best to those moving on.

We have some work to do but will figure it out

Fair point. Personally I just don't like toxic spaces and when someone calls another man a bitch, I feel it might not be a welcoming atmosphere we are constructing. Obviously by the issues you outlined with this GM, he wasn't right for this league, and it's good that he's gone, but had I seen mudslinging that wasn't good-natured banter, or even heated words between two rivals (Sharpshooter/Gator as an example) when I reviewed posts before applying for a GM position, I probably would have passed. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Mr Postman said:

Not sure if you're just trying to be funny, but calling outgoing GMs "bitch" might not be the best way to attract new blood. 

Just my $.02

The person I responded to wasn’t a GM. He was trolling our League. 

Get a grip.

I’ll accept your apology as soon as you give it. 

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The person I responded to wasn’t a GM. He was trolling our League. 

Get a grip.

I’ll accept your apology as soon as you give it. 

I was on the fence of leaving when Greensman texted me that he was leaving due to this league becoming toxic and the Rush re-hiring, but ultimately I decided to stay. When The Minister texted to say he was leaving my gut reaction was to leave too, but once I saw how many GMs quit in a short span, I didn't want to leave my fellow GMs in the lurch. Just based solely on how you accept constructive criticism to make this league a better, and more welcoming place, I see that this league doesn't deserve an active GM like me, so I hope you accept my apology.......

Oops, I mean RESIGNATION.

Good luck to the other GMs that I've had positive interactions with and I hope leadership here figures their shit out.

3orif2yRVSOcd1VuN2.gif

1 minute ago, Mr Postman said:

I was on the fence of leaving when Greensman texted me that he was leaving due to this league becoming toxic and the Rush re-hiring, but ultimately I decided to stay. When The Minister texted to say he was leaving my gut reaction was to leave too, but once I saw how many GMs quit in a short span, I didn't want to leave my fellow GMs in the lurch. Just based solely on how you accept constructive criticism to make this league a better, and more welcoming place, I see that this league doesn't deserve an active GM like me, so I hope you accept my apology.......

Good luck to the other GMs that I've had positive interactions with and I hope leadership here figures their shit out.

3orif2yRVSOcd1VuN2.gif

image.gif.86329f9a9bb85e294bbd883b03942e29.gif

48 minutes ago, Mr Postman said:

3orif2yRVSOcd1VuN2.gif

Not cool.

If people quit because they don't enjoy the game thats 110% understandable its a game.

Calling something toxic because you dont like it is lame. The people you mentioned quit because they felt strongly about others not being a part of the league and frankly thats not tolerated.

Its extremely unfortunate to see people leave worse to see mud slinging sure but really disappointing to assume toxicity.

I would be happy to converse about this and what you think your talking about any day.

The exodus is people in acquaintance and hired by unhappy people that made a decision to leave along with two whom dont have the time to play.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I have to say, when assumption and drama along with calling out " leadership " to get their " expletive " figured out it truly does not sit well with me.

So everyone is aware, @Squeak, @ActionJax09, @arby18_, @da.moose, @lethunder, @aGENT, @Sergei Bobrovsky, @ThatMike, @Relyt Krets, @canuck2xtreme and myself are not a " leadership " we are your fellow GMs whom put a little, maybe a lot, sure some more than others time in to this game to help move it along.

There is no leadership in what I say or Squeak or arby18 or any one of us rule over things. We are volunteers offering time to help with things like trades, updates, contract clauses, free agents, elc contracts, rules etc. Decisions are made by a group or vote no one person.

So that being said I find it immensely insulting that outgoing members and conjecture from others suggests we get our crap together. Thats a kick in the nuts to each guy offering his extra time here and not a fair call.

Greensman and theminister resigned from volunteering to help in the executive group by their own decision and subsequently resignations from the league likewise later. Its disappointing and their contributions were immense.

Both would not accept c2x continuing to update the league sheets and pickup due to theministers falling out with c2x last year. It was seen as an insult to him and as a group of volunteers we tried to navigate through that and maintain everyone being happy to play the game. But everyone has their own reasons and values. Fair enough. The hiring of rush in Philly was the last nail in the coffin for greensman. Again disappointing.

We want everyone to enjoy this game it is so often overlooked that its a damn game. We want a full league of GMs that should get along if not be civil. Its not a hard ask. So again its extremely disappointing when some members turn to highschool drama. When we wish ill on or want nothing to do with fellow members or more so want them removed. Its a shame.

A post calls out this group for not welcoming constructive criticism and a welcoming atmosphere.....could not be further from the truth. We have tried to keep our new hires involved, tried to keep the peace among those who had issue. 

So please instead of ripping people here giving their time to help move this game along or taking part in dramatics just remember its a game, we all want to have fun and enjoy this time. Anyone can reach out to an exec volunteer to help if they want. Theres no big bad leadership screwing things up and being toxic just trying to play the game and put our time in to help.

Again really sorry to see the members leave whom chose to. Your time is appreciated and the door is always open.

Thank you.

image.gif.aaa2f3a237c0f31220bb9b145498fdec.gif

Too soon? :ph34r:

oddly enough Lethunder, your 'tinypic: this image is no lo9nger available" frowny face guy in your signature block feels very appropriate. hehehe.

Hopefully we fill the spots sooner than later and move onwards and upwards. 

The kraken are still very happy with our club as it is, I am active, just not in a rush to ruin a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Mr Postman said:

.. and the Rush re-hiring,

admittedly i have not been around for two years and have no idea what is going on with the subfactions, lol, for lack of a better way to put it, but how would rehiring Rush be in any way a political thing that caused people to quit? Maybe I am missing something about the dude, but I have no issues or qualms with Rush17, no matter how many times i get ripped by him in a trade across multiple leagues, rofl. One of the most active GMs in any league I see him in. At times, I suspect, this league may have gone stagnant without Rush's involvement. Just sayin. If you got a problem with Canada Gooses you got a problem with me, and i suggest you let that one marinate. 

• Like 1