The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

2 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Best case scenario, hopefully he doesn’t come back, him playing was only going to improve his draft stock

Yeah it might just be the thing that allows him to slide to us.

Edited by Gawdzukes

What if they're just doing Reinbacher a favour by calling it not serious to mitigate what it would do to his draft stock? 

10 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I know you have criticised Recruits just recently and this top 100 makes you wonder about their scouting.

https://www.recruitscouting.com/2023-nhl-draft-rankings-gabriel-foleys-top-100/

Halttunen at 84, McCarthy at 83, Beau Akey at 88, Forsfjall at 87 Edtrsom at 82, Jarvente at 79, Zimmer at 71.

I really don't expect those guys to be there however even if 2 fell to us with our 3rds and 4ths I would be stoked.

10 hours ago, TheQuietQuitter said:

I think you might be referring to Recrutes. 

https://recrutes.ca/

Just to reiterate, that's Recruit. No idea who they are, but they're not Grant McCagg's Recrutes.

Some of their assessments on their top few players seemed pretty astute, but as it gets further down the list some of it gets a little questionable. It's only fair, he's just a fan like you or I. I'm sure he knows Jacob Fowler and Gavin Brindley better than I do. I know Minnetian and Gulyayev a lot better than he does. Props to dude for going 100 deep though. Most I'd ever gone was 75.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

What if they're just doing Reinbacher a favour by calling it not serious to mitigate what it would do to his draft stock? 

Donald Trump Conspiracy GIF by Election 2016

Hell Yeah Wow GIF by Adele Morse - Stoned Fox Official That would be wild. :lol: I can't see it. They are proceeding with caution though.

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

On another note, how did Reinbacher look before the hit? 

I didn't see the game but every time I see the hit I'm thinking why the heck is Reinbacher receiving a stretch pass for a breakaway.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2023 at 8:09 PM, KyGuy123 said:

Is there anyone who projects to be a Tom Wilson in this draft? I’d argue that is one of our biggest needs in order to insulate our star players. We need some size and truculence to go to war with as I don’t see us doing well in a 7 game series. I’d argue Toronto just went through the same issue. 

Id say Stramel is the closest thing. Likely a late first round pick/early second.

9 minutes ago, TheQuietQuitter said:

I would assume thay the combine would bring the truth of his injury to light.

If he participates.... 

You Got It Ok GIF

Aiden Celebrini brother of Macklin is draft eligible this year and is an 6'1" RD playing in the AJHL who plays a physical game, might be worth a late round pick. Could be be like a Caleb Jones situation where the bloodlines is enough to get you to the show. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Willander if he’s the pick I’m not batting an eye! He’s like a Braiden Schneider pick that just doesn’t get moved short of an overpayment. RHD are the hardest assets to acquire and take the most time to develop and it looks like we will have a choice out of the top 3 best ones in the draft. 

1.Reinbacher

2. ASP

3. Willander. 

Take one and consider your day 1 a success. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, KyGuy123 said:

Willander if he’s the pick I’m not batting an eye! He’s like a Braiden Schneider pick that just doesn’t get moved short of an overpayment. RHD are the hardest assets to acquire and take the most time to develop and it looks like we will have a choice out of the top 3 best ones in the draft. 

1.Reinbacher

2. ASP

3. Willander. 

Take one and consider your day 1 a success. 

They need C more than they need Dmen