The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

35 minutes ago, R3aL said:

13 sounds so much better than 18 :sadno:

18 can getvyou a good player. One thing I like is that teams might overreach for need or the mythical rhd that will solve all problems causing a slip in forward talent.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Isam said:

18 can getvyou a good player. One thing I like is that teams might overreach for need or the mythical rhd that will solve all problems causing a slip in forward talent.

Cough...Sandin Pellika....cough David Rundblad..... 

Just a feeling, I could be wrong.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Cough...Sandin Pellika....cough David Rundblad..... 

Just a feeling, I could be wrong.

It could be, that is why this draft might be the most fun since 03. Wood might drop if teams start to panic and a run on rhd happens.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Isam said:

Forwards I predict to slip. Cristal, Yager, Heidt, Perrault can also slip right on by us. 

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Im starting to believe Michkov falls to us if we draft at 5/6. 

This is super possible especially if a team is high on Benson or any of the us national dev players and has any Michkov doubts or timeline or russianworries 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Forwards I predict to slip. Cristal, Yager, Heidt, Perrault can also slip right on by us. 

Will be hard to no take an exciting forward there since the first round is just littered with them all the way through 

but could be hard to not take a dman with the nyi pick  Reinbacher/Simashev/Dragicevac/ASP/Guly etc

we just have no idea right now how internal teams are ranking sthese

kids I’m looking forward to Bob macs final rankings will give us an idea how teams are looking at the d before the draft

one player I was to avoid in the top 10 is Sale though. I haven’t liked what I’ve seen when I’ve watch him play. 

Edited by R3aL

23 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Will be hard to no take an exciting forward there since the first round is just littered with them all the way through 

but could be hard to not take a dman with the nyi pick  Reinbacher/Simashev/Dragicevac/ASP/Guly etc

we just have no idea right now how internal teams are ranking sthese

kids I’m looking forward to Bob macs final rankings will give us an idea how teams are looking at the d before the draft

one player I was to avoid in the top 10 is Sale though. I haven’t liked what I’ve seen when I’ve watch him play. 

I just simmed and we took Cristal and Heidt if thats how it goes down on draft day I might have to stop watching prospects for my mental health. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Im starting to believe Michkov falls to us if we draft at 5/6. 

That's very possible. Did I read correctly that Michkov is 148 lbs?  :unsure:

Top 3 is a dream. Time will tell.

If VAN is picking 5/6, and Michkov is there, difficult to pass on him, but Cole Caufield also fell due to his size. To think Caufield is 25 lbs heavier than Michkov. Who knows, maybe Michkov falls as well. 

If Benson, Smith or Yager are there at 5/6, then I hope VAN takes one of them. 

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I just simmed and we took Cristal and Heidt if thats how it goes down on draft day I might have to stop watching prospects for my mental health. 

I cannot see our management group going with those two at our spots 

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That's very possible. Did I read correctly that Michkov is 148 lbs?  :unsure:

Top 3 is a dream. Time will tell.

If VAN is picking 5/6, and Michkov is there, difficult to pass on him, but Cole Caufield also fell due to his size. To think Caufield is 25 lbs heavier than Michkov. Who knows, maybe Michkov falls as well. 

If Benson, Smith or Yager are there at 5/6, then I hope VAN takes one of them. 

Canfield was like 5 6 and is barley 5 7 

michkov is 5 10 and if he is that light he can add weight as his body matures, he could grow a little more in height and the fact he’s setting draft eligible scoring records against men at his weight says a whole lot about him

17 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Canfield was like 5 6 and is barley 5 7 

michkov is 5 10 and if he is that light he can add weight as his body matures, he could grow a little more in height and the fact he’s setting draft eligible scoring records against men at his weight says a whole lot about him

I think Michkov's the dream short of getting Bedard. Then we definately have to take a D with the NYI pick. Hopefully Simashev will still be on the board I doubt Rein will. 

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I think Michkov's the dream short of getting Bedard. Then we definately have to take a D with the NYI pick. Hopefully Simashev will still be on the board I doubt Rein will. 

Leaving with Simashev and Michkov would be a big draft day win I think 

Who should VAN take with the two 1sts rounders if these options are available?

1. (RW) Michkov and (LD) Simashev

2. (LW) Benson and (RD) Reinbacher

I'd be hoping for option 2, which would also help with VAN's depth chart, filling in positions that are lacking.

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who should VAN take with the two 1sts rounders if these options are available?

1. (RW) Michkov and (LD) Simashev

2. (LW) Benson and (RD) Reinbacher

I'd be hoping for option 2, which would also help with VAN's depth chart, filling in positions that are lacking.

Very doubtful Rein will be there for the NYI pick.

17 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Anyone know why Gabe Perreault ranked so low in draft rankings.   He’s putting up 2 points a game. 

BD44B106-0B3D-47A6-BE1B-7C6F3565FBE1.png

I think it's more a case of the players that were ranked ahead of him to start the year are maintaining their trajectory.  

After Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov and most likely Smith and Benson, the draft is pretty much wide open as to who teams deem is the BPA.

Michkov must be one hellava player, I'm seeing he's ranked pretty much everywhere between 2 and 5. Usually some "experts" have a player lower down for whatever reason, but Michkov is consistently getting respect from all of them.

Makes me nervous to pin this ever-so-important 1st pick on a small Russian winger, but if he's that good and projects to come to NA and be a #1RW in 2-3 years, then maybe it's worth it.