The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

A pretty ok game overall. Decent chances for both teams. Goalies were a difference in this one. Silovs looked great in this game. I’d say structurally it’s the best i’ve seen from him this year.

Not a very sexy game, was super choppy, no fancy plays, but both teams were clogging up the ice pretty good…

In a defensive battle like this it’s no wonder the coach sat Klimovich in the 3rd. He wasn’t very noticeable tonight, had one good shot on net. But I really want to see more compete from him. When he sees an opportunity he goes for it and it’s fun to watch…but if the puck is away from him he looses his man, floats a bit, looks lost from time to time. But hey this is the league where you clean up those defensive habits. So there is lots of time to mould him. 

I personally love our AHL young guys, all compete hard. Perfect game for these 3 guys…Wouters, Nielsen, and Bains. All know how to play a solid game.

Woo had an ok game, physical but still clunky with the puck, still a work in progress.

Quick shout out to the vets on the team. They keep this team trending in the right direction.

Want to send a shot across the bow however to the fans in Abby…where the hell are you!? You filled the rink to capacity the first game but since then your barn is barely half full!! Get out there and support your team!

That is all for now

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Want to send a shot across the bow however to the fans in Abby…where the hell are you!? You filled the rink to capacity the first game but since then your barn is barely half full!! Get out there and support your team!

That is all for now

Weekday games have always had a week turnout, even last year.  Saturday is already around 4500 tickets sold. The AHL is not a big enough draw to sell out every game, especially with there not being a superstar prospect to draw people in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fen1010 said:

Weekday games have always had a week turnout, even last year.  Saturday is already around 4500 tickets sold. The AHL is not a big enough draw to sell out every game, especially with there not being a superstar prospect to draw people in.

That makes sense, but i’m used to Utica Comets hockey. I was spoiled watching our prospects there. They literally fill that barn every game no matter what day of the week it is. They have a rabid fan base. And they honestly didn’t much care whether there were high profile prospects or not, they showed up for their team…but you look at the rest of the barns in the AHL it’s pretty bleak for attendance unfortunately. Heck even the Toronto Marlies barely ever fill their rink every game.

If it didn’t cost so much on AHL live to get an all access pass i’d do it just to keep watching Utica games because of the atmosphere they give off there is just fantastic. But unfortunately I just pay to watch my local team so no Utica games for me anymore.

Also side note it’s sad to watch Abby on the road the rinks they play in on the west coast are empty as F…hard to get into the games

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

That makes sense, but i’m used to Utica Comets hockey. I was spoiled watching our prospects there. They literally fill that barn every game no matter what day of the week it is. They have a rabid fan base. And they honestly didn’t much care whether there were high profile prospects or not, they showed up for their team…but you look at the rest of the barns in the AHL it’s pretty bleak for attendance unfortunately. Heck even the Toronto Marlies barely ever fill their rink every game.

If it didn’t cost so much on AHL live to get an all access pass i’d do it just to keep watching Utica games because of the atmosphere they give off there is just fantastic. But unfortunately I just pay to watch my local team so no Utica games for me anymore.

Also side note it’s sad to watch Abby on the road the rinks they play in on the west coast are empty as F…hard to get into the games

Utica, is a special breed of AHL fan for sure. Very few places like them.  

• Cheers 3

15 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'm hoping that a rivalry builds up between Calgary and Abby that helps draw fans in. Properly marketed, it would be beneficial for both teams.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm hoping that a rivalry builds up between Calgary and Abby that helps draw fans in. Properly marketed, it would be beneficial for both teams.

I am very excited to see them square off this season. Hoping so as well. It’s our best chance at a rivalry that’s for sure. All the California teams don’t seem to move the needle much…but hard to do that when no one shows up for the games south of the border!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 1:42 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

I am very excited to see them square off this season. Hoping so as well. It’s our best chance at a rivalry that’s for sure. All the California teams don’t seem to move the needle much…but hard to do that when no one shows up for the games south of the border!

Only 4 tickets left for the Coachella Valley Firebirds (Kraken) inaugural home opener  Dec 18 and they are priced at $564 each.  Arena holds 9918 for hockey (I won't be going)

They only have 12 left for their second game 2 days later, at $126.  They get cheaper in mid January, at between $35 to $48 for upper tier seats.   Unfortunately Abby won't play them again this season

San Diego and Ontario outdraw Abbotsford - and significantly outdraw Utica ......... here's the attendance figures from last season:

http://www.leaguestat.com/ahl/ahl/en/media/?format=HTML&step=4&sub=15&season_id=73

Edited by Googlie
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

Only 4 tickets left for the Coachella Valley Firebirds (Kraken) inaugural home opener  Dec 18 and they are priced at $564 each.  Arena holds 9918 for hockey (I won't be going)

They only have 12 left for their second game 2 days later, at $126.  They get cheaper in mid January, at between $35 to $48 for upper tier seats.   Unfortunately Abby won't play them again this season

San Diego and Ontario outdraw Abbotsford - and significantly outdraw Utica ......... here's the attendance figures from last season:

http://www.leaguestat.com/ahl/ahl/en/media/?format=HTML&step=4&sub=15&season_id=73

Thanks for the link I was curious to see the attendance records since I snagged seasons for the Wranglers (STH price broke even with going to the 6 Canucks games this year). It will be interesting to see the attendance when the Nucks and Condors play since the arena has been pretty empty so far. 4th worst in the league 

8 minutes ago, Muttley said:
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
ABBOTSFORD CANUKS/  Game Report | Text Box Score   /LAVAL ROCKET

SCORING:

1st      
9:06 LAV Anthony Richard (10) ASST: Jesse Ylönen (6)
15:14 LAV Corey Schueneman (2) ASST: Lucas Condotta (1), Madison Bowey (3)
18:05 ABB Tristen Nielsen (3) ASST: Justin Dowling (5), Christian Wolanin (5) (PP)
2nd      
5:16 LAV Rafaël Harvey-Pinard (5) ASST: Justin Barron (5), Tory Dello (3)
3rd      
16:23 LAV Anthony Richard (11) ASST: Cayden Primeau (1) (EN, SH)
17:17 ABB Lane Pederson (3) ASST: Christian Wolanin (6), Tristen Nielsen (5) (PP)

PENALTIES:

1st    
09:53 LAV Tory Dello, Holding, 2 min PP
17:43 LAV Mitchell Stephens, Tripping, 2 min PP
18:19 ABB John Stevens, Tripping, 2 min PP
2nd    
03:04 LAV Justin Barron, High-sticking, 2 min PP
11:32 ABB Tristen Nielsen, Cross-checking, 2 min PP
18:01 LAV Rafaël Harvey-Pinard, Hooking, 2 min PP
19:33 LAV Corey Schueneman, Double minor - High-sticking, 4 min PP
3rd    
05:00 ABB Lane Pederson, Tripping, 2 min PP
11:04 ABB Jett Woo, Fighting, 5 min
11:04 LAV Joël Teasdale, Fighting, 5 min
15:43 LAV Gabriel Bourque, Tripping, 2 min PP

We got stomped.  Maybe our AHL team should be where we develop our fighters?