The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

41 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

They call most of the better players up to Vancouver to a team that is not going to make the playoffs and in the process gut the farm team which should make the playoffs. Makes little sense to me.

Who should we call up, the guys who play minimal miinutes at the AHL level? I want us to make sure we can send Pod, Aman, Hog etc you name the player but make sure that Abbotsford has a full roster to choose from come AHL playoffs. But for them to get some NHL minutes/pay in the meantime while we have injuries and or some trades occur before the TDL is fine in my books.

The goal is to develop players in the AHL that can eventually play and help the NHL team.  

16 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Who should we call up, the guys who play minimal miinutes at the AHL level? I want us to make sure we can send Pod, Aman, Hog etc you name the player but make sure that Abbotsford has a full roster to choose from come AHL playoffs. But for them to get some NHL minutes/pay in the meantime while we have injuries and or some trades occur before the TDL is fine in my books.

The goal is to develop players in the AHL that can eventually play and help the NHL team.  

I get that. It is just frustrating to see the Abby team gutted just as they were starting to gel as a group.

• Cheers 1

Wolanin and Silovs were the main reason Abby were doing so well, now we pluck them to patch up the sinking mother-ship and our prospects will start to suffer.

Spencer Martin was just too good to be true, he was lights-out last year, played well the first few games and then our bad defence just destroyed him, now he's a shell of a goalie who doesn't even look good in the AHL.

Time to send Solovs and Wolanin back down to Abby and let the proper team win and the proper team lose. Bednard can go backup Delia in Vancouver for all I care.

• Cheers 1