The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

32 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Still no word on the reason for the Raty mystery scratch?

With Juulsens absence Canucks need more heft and sandpaper - Alfaro is 6'2 and 200 lbs ... Raty is same height but much more slender and less physical.   That's my surmise anyway

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

With Juulsens absence Canucks need more heft and sandpaper - Alfaro is 6'2 and 200 lbs ... Raty is same height but much more slender and less physical.   That's my surmise anyway

Might be more to it, he had a solid game on Wednesday and scored a big goal.

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Jett Woo having a heck of a game.   He really has stepped up this season, especially after the "vets" got called up to the big club

Woo is on the big club next season. He plays Tocchet hockey. Hughes’ partner?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Woo is on the big club next season. He plays Tocchet hockey. Hughes’ partner?

Not so sure.  Colliton has him patrolling the left side, and the big club has a plethora of lefties without putting a right hand shot on the left side.  On the right he'd be behind Hronek, Bear and Juulsen, assuming Myers is gone.  I just don't see room for Jett yet

I think Tocchet envisions Juulsen as a potential Hughes partner.  They jelled reasonably well in the handful of games they were paired and Foote is apparently really high on Noah's potential 

Edited by Googlie

Just now, Googlie said:

Not so sure.  Colliton has him patrolling the left side, and the big club has a plethora of lefties without putting a right hand shot on the left side.  On the right he'd be behind Hronek, Bear and Juulsen, assuming Myers is gone.  I just don't see room for Jett yet

Woo needs to clear waivers. Bear doesn’t have a contract. Woo is better than Juulsson. 
Hughes, Woo

New guy, Hronek

Hirose, Myers

Burr