The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Czechia vs. Canada | Semifinal | Aug. 19, 2022 | 1:00 PM PT

Rate this topic

44 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I'll say it again,  TSN airing the semi-finals on their 4/5th channels in favor of two last place CFL teams going through the motions is BS.  

How can you have a semi finals game ft. Canada at 1pm . This should be 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern and being hyped up across Canada as USA is eliminated.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

How can you have a semi finals game ft. Canada at 1pm . This should be 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern and being hyped up across Canada as USA is eliminated.

Only reason I can think of is that the tournament organizers want Canada to have as much rest as possible before tomorrow's gold medal game (provided that they actually win, of course).

6 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Only reason I can think of is that the tournament organizers want Canada to have as much rest as possible before tomorrow's gold medal game (provided that they actually win, of course).

Well then they wonder too why the stands are empty and the cheapest price is 125 ish

17 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Well then they wonder too why the stands are empty and the cheapest price is 125 ish

It's not exactly a surprise that few people want to attend daytime junior hockey games in the middle of August for ridiculous prices. Hockey Canada either misjudged the market or are intentionally trying to be greedy, not sure which is worse at this point.

Edited by Brad Marchand

33 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

I thought for sure Canada would have been in the prime time slot. Would have been a good way to spend a Friday night.

It shows just how poorly this tournament is run.

• Like 1

Was there ever a time where the WJHC was hockey in its purest form, or is that just the lie that TSN sold me? 

I'm glad that players get to experience the tournament. I'm also glad that the tournament appears to be a commercial failure. On top of people not wanting to give Hockey Canada more money to fund cover ups of sexual assault, I'm glad that Canadians are sending a message that there is more to life than hockey and we aren't going to be bent over a barrel by the greed of tournament organizers. 

I'm still enjoying watching hockey, but I'm also glad to see some failure in hopes that priorities will need to be shifted.