The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Oilers sign Ryan Murray

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Don’t get the hate on for him excellent top 4 dman. 

And a Leaf lol. Sports are littered with players who never gave a crap defensively but their offense is so good they have a spot in the team. Really frustrating as these types of players could usually always be far better if they applied themselves. 

Heffy doesn't really understand hockey at it's core though. I would imagine he would probably kick at least a quarter of the current dmen out of the league and just go with 4 d or something. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Incoming ...

I wonder what would the results look like if we did a redraft today?

I remember 6 or 7 years the redraft had Forsberg as #1. 

But looking at it now I think the top 3 would be

1. Andrei Vasilevskiy
  2. Filip Forsberg 
  3. either Rielly, Hertl or Slavin  
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 9/2/2022 at 3:14 PM, King Heffy said:

I'm not sure if there's any other draft where the entire top 5 were busts.

Galchenyuk is still playing and believe it or not is very close the par line.   NHL scouts consider 700 games the par  line for 1-3 overall's as in what they are trying to get from those picks.   

As for the rest of the first round, it turned out decent enough, but still not a great draft ... And it makes the 1999 draft look like the 79 one in comparison.    That draft was simply awful, aside from the Sedins, and without the miracle 7th rounders in Zetterberg and Vrbata it had very little at all.      The one year we actually had the first overall pick for a fleeting moment, we drafted the two best players, and there were so many duds past them. 

Edited by IBatch