Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ Proposal ] Another Hague proposal


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So unless the Canucks have a good idea what the player and agent wants, isn't it not a great time to trade for him?

Vegas has no cap space left so that is why he is unsigned.  We'd have to move some money out for sure.  And yes we need to be able to talk to his agent before any deal, in case the dude wants some insane contract.  I'm thinking he wants a Nicolas Roy type of deal.  I'd do 3x5 for him no problem...

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Vegas has no cap space left so that is why he is unsigned.  We'd have to move some money out for sure.  And yes we need to be able to talk to his agent before any deal, in case the dude wants some insane contract.  I'm thinking he wants a Nicolas Roy type of deal.  I'd do 3x5 for him no problem...

Vegas currently have $2.6m left in LTIR cap relief to utilise (from Weber and Lehner). Patrick is reportedly going onto LTIR too. Plus they will likely waive Brossoit or Hill to have 2 goalies on their roster. This gives them a total of about $4.9m in cap space with 12F, 6D and 2G on their roster.

 

They will likely add a 13th forward such as Leschyshyn ($770k) and another Dman in Miromanov ($760k) which will give them up to $3.4m to resign Hague.

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they don't extend Hague, I'd definitely be open to make a trade for him.  As mentioned, they're just biding their time to build up LTIR room to re-sign him.  
Not sure how willing Vegas would be to make this move, but if I'm Vancouver I'd say yes (get a shutdown partner for Myers, Morozov would be a strong RH C that the team could use in the system and Kolesar plays a power game too, good for the hitting 4th line).  For that (and presuming Poolman is really good to go and Hughes finds his spot on the right side moving forward), I'd entertain moving Schenn (cheap RHD with some value), Mikey (needs a reset, Vegas might need another goalie) and Hoglander (good buy-low player).

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Vancouver trades 

Nils Hoglander 

Luke Schenn 

Michael DiPietro 

 

Vegas trades 

Nic Hague 

Keegan Kolesar 

Zach Hayes 

Ivan Morozov 

 

 

 

Schenn - will not be going anywhere soon.. 

Possible Hoglander --- Hague ? Don't think Vancouver want to trade for unsigned player?'

I say big no lots of players moving don't see it in todays NHL? Maybe NHL 2022..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Schenn - will not be going anywhere soon.. 

Possible Hoglander --- Hague ? Don't think Vancouver want to trade for unsigned player?'

I say big no lots of players moving don't see it in todays NHL? Maybe NHL 2022..

Why is Schenn not going any where?

I didn't know he was a part of the core lol 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vegas does this to move on from Hague as it's being reported Hague wants out of Vegas as another reason no talks have been taking place and they get 2 players on under 900k deals and one 23 on his ELC and get Mikey D a young goalie that is cheap and has chip on his shoulder. Also Vegas needs to move 2 more contracts as they have 49 now.


Canucks do this to get a young physical shutdown defenseman for the future and could play with Hughes if he moves to the Right side or Myers like Phil said and I have like Kolesar as he is a shit disruptor to play with Lazar. Hayes is a throw away to get under 50 contracts and Morozov is too help out our depleted centre prospect depth in Abby. 

 

I think both teams get what they need in this deal, biggest variable is what Hague wants. 

Canuck fans please don't say no to this trade simply because of Schenn being traded as he is not a core player and is replaceable if Hague is coming back. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Vancouver trades 

Nils Hoglander 

Luke Schenn 

Michael DiPietro 

 

Vegas trades 

Nic Hague 

Keegan Kolesar 

Zach Hayes 

Ivan Morozov 

 

 

 

I can't see any reason why VGK would make this trade. If they can't agree a deal with Hague they could get a lot more than this in a trade for his rights.

 

Also Kolesar is not some throw in to a deal. He probably has more trade value than Hoglander right now. And is certainly more useful to VGK's bottom 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

I can't see any reason why VGK would make this trade. If they can't agree a deal with Hague they could get a lot more than this in a trade for his rights.

 

Also Kolesar is not some throw in to a deal. He probably has more trade value than Hoglander right now. And is certainly more useful to VGK's bottom 6.

Kolesar isn’t a throw away, it’s that Vegas needs to shed cap and Hogs has more upside with age, skill and his rookie season that what Kolesar brings and he is a better fit on the 4th line then Hogs.
I don’t know how they could get a lot more since majority of teams are at or over the cap and the ones with cap room seem to not need or unwilling to trade assets and with the report Hague wants out of Vegas as to why negotiations have not been going on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Kolesar isn’t a throw away, it’s that Vegas needs to shed cap and Hogs has more upside with age, skill and his rookie season that what Kolesar brings and he is a better fit on the 4th line then Hogs.
I don’t know how they could get a lot more since majority of teams are at or over the cap and the ones with cap room seem to not need or unwilling to trade assets and with the report Hague wants out of Vegas as to why negotiations have not been going on.

Honestly, if the LTIR situation has played out and they still don't re-sign Hague or he asks out, I'd certainly revisit this (at least trading for him).  Then again, we aren't exactly loaded with cap space either so not sure how we could fit in several million, even if we ship Schenn ($850k) and Hoglander (ELC) out.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Honestly, if the LTIR situation has played out and they still don't re-sign Hague or he asks out, I'd certainly revisit this (at least trading for him).  Then again, we aren't exactly loaded with cap space either so not sure how we could fit in several million, even if we ship Schenn ($850k) and Hoglander (ELC) out.

I think if the Canucks weren't kicking the tires on Hague they aren't doing their job to make the team better 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Kolesar isn’t a throw away, it’s that Vegas needs to shed cap and Hogs has more upside with age, skill and his rookie season that what Kolesar brings and he is a better fit on the 4th line then Hogs.
I don’t know how they could get a lot more since majority of teams are at or over the cap and the ones with cap room seem to not need or unwilling to trade assets and with the report Hague wants out of Vegas as to why negotiations have not been going on.

You are wrong when you say that Vegas needs to shed cap. They have a full roster and up to $3.4m in cap space to resign Hague (if he's willing). By contrast VAN could probably offer Hague a maximum of $2.4m (on the assumption that we accepted your proposed deal and ran with a 22-man roster....and more like $1.6m if we want to have a 23-man roster).

 

I would expect these teams would offer Vegas more value than VAN in return for Hague and have the cap space to sign him to a decent deal:

Islanders, Senators, Blackhawks, Ducks, Jets

 

In terms of what Vegas would be looking for. It's no secret that they are looking for a starting goalie. They have 6 goalies in their system and none would be considered a starter. A potential trade might be something like:

 

To VGK: Stolarz + Mahura

To ANA: Hague + Hill

 

This replaces Hague with a depth Dman and gives Vegas a major upgrade in goal. Just an example of what I think Vegas might be looking for...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

You are wrong when you say that Vegas needs to shed cap. They have a full roster and up to $3.4m in cap space to resign Hague (if he's willing). By contrast VAN could probably offer Hague a maximum of $2.4m (on the assumption that we accepted your proposed deal and ran with a 22-man roster....and more like $1.6m if we want to have a 23-man roster).

 

I would expect these teams would offer Vegas more value than VAN in return for Hague and have the cap space to sign him to a decent deal:

Islanders, Senators, Blackhawks, Ducks, Jets

 

In terms of what Vegas would be looking for. It's no secret that they are looking for a starting goalie. They have 6 goalies in their system and none would be considered a starter. A potential trade might be something like:

 

To VGK: Stolarz + Mahura

To ANA: Hague + Hill

 

This replaces Hague with a depth Dman and gives Vegas a major upgrade in goal. Just an example of what I think Vegas might be looking for...

The Ducks have 9 D under contract and 4 with some type of NMC, he's not going to get the playing time that makes the trade worth it for the cap hit, just going to get stuck behind Fowler, Kulikov and Vaakanianen as they give more offensive upside 

EB9CBE61-C0FA-4BB4-B05F-38C9A62AAC74.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...