The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brock Boeser out 3-4 weeks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The wrist is more essential for Brock's shot than the hand.  If it's a finger you can just pin it and it heals in 3 weeks.  Shouldn't affect his shot at all really unless he feels it when he grips the stick.  Depends on which hand it is as well.  If it's his left hand than this is the best case scenario and he should return at 100%, especially considering he can do his cardio and skate as well...

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, JM_ said:

if its just a small pin for a finger break its no biggie, based on the time scale it seems like it would be something of that nature. 

Sucks for Brock tho, I'm sure the wait will be harder on him than the actual injury. 

Yeah I wonder what the injury is. Personally I don't think it's a break that required surgery. 3-4 weeks would be incredibly optimistic for that type of procedure. 6-8 weeks minimum is generally a more typical timeline if a hand break requires surgery.

If I had to wager a bet, and based off zero knowledge outside of 'hand surgery' and '3-4 weeks' I'd guess it was a carpal tunnel release. Might have snagged it in training camp and felt it was a safer bet to just snip it during preseason then try to rehab it and slow him down over the course of months or maybe a season. 

Edited by Shayster007
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Good thing we have forward depth.

To all those bitching about BB6' durability. The guy averages 70+ GP per year so... zip it.

That's weird seeing as he has only played over 70 games once in his 6 year career and it was 71 games.

22 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He played 69 and 56 in a shortened season so splitting hairs really. 

I guess it was just a bit misleading, he missed 20 games his rookie year 13 the next I can't remember how many games where played in the 2 shortened seasons so he might have played them all but then missed 11 again last year, not what I'd considered a durable player as was stated especially considering Brock does not play a heavy game at all.

• Cheers 1