The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jason Dickinson, 2024 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for Riley Stillman

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Motte - Dickinson - Chiasson 

They have 9 points in 8 games, and Chiasson hasn't even played this season.

Meanwhile our top line of Pearson - Miller - Boeser has 11 points in 18 games.

I thought Jeff Paterson was supposed to be the king of sad stats...

10 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

What does that have to do with him having a hot start with the Senators? 

Well the comment seemed to imply players do better after being traded from the Canucks, and used Motte's hot start with the Sens as another example.

Just pointing out that Motte had 0 points in 9 games after being traded from the Canucks to the Rangers and was not re-signed.

Speaking of conditional picks, I'm actually surprised we don’t see more trades with conditional picks where the conditions are hard to reach.

For example, say the Canucks attached a condition that if Dickinson reaches 25 points this season the pick becomes a 4th round pick instead. Seeing as he's never hit 25 points before, it's a pretty safe bet for the Blackhawks to still get a 2nd but provides insurance to the Canucks to prevent a massive loss should Dickinson pop off.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Well the comment seemed to imply players do better after being traded from the Canucks, and used Motte's hot start with the Sens as another example.

Just pointing out that Motte had 0 points in 9 games after being traded from the Canucks to the Rangers and was not re-signed.

That's how your interpreted vintage giving a player update? VC is the main sources of statistics on this fan forum. He was just updating us that Motte was having a solid start to the season.

The same Motte who works his absolute ass off on the ice, revolutionized his game from a scorer to a top tier grinder, and constantly advocated for mental health awareness.

Still not really sure why you felt the need to stand up and try to dump on one of the few bonafide good guys in the league, but to each their own I presume.

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

That's how your interpreted vintage giving a player update? VC is the main sources of statistics on this fan forum. He was just updating us that Motte was having a solid start to the season.

The same Motte who works his absolute ass off on the ice, revolutionized his game from a scorer to a top tier grinder, and constantly advocated for mental health awareness.

Still not really sure why you felt the need to stand up and try to dump on one of the few bonafide good guys in the league, but to each their own I presume.

Did not say anything about Motte outside of what he produced after being traded from the Canucks, did not mention anything regarding Motte's skills, work ethic or playing style, not sure what you are inferring from my post.

If I offended you in any way it was unintentional... peace

• Cheers 1

On 10/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, KyGuy123 said:

It’s the #18… Warn all future comers of this curse.

Bullshit. I was drafted by the Canucks in Be a Pro and wore 18, and won multiple Hart Trophies and Stanley Cups with it. 

It’s obviously the colour of the seats.

5 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Bullshit. I was drafted by the Canucks in Be a Pro and wore 18, and won multiple Hart Trophies and Stanley Cups with it. 

It's the lack of stripes on the pants and nothing can convince me otherwise 

25 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Did not say anything about Motte outside of what he produced after being traded from the Canucks, did not mention anything regarding Motte's skills, work ethic or playing style, not sure what you are inferring from my post.

If I offended you in any way it was unintentional... peace

Not offended. I can just get a little protective of Motte. On and off the ice the guy was a warrior. That, and he's Bedards favorite player. The way the teams shaking up Bedard may be our only hope at turning this ship around.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Another goal for Dicky, 2-2-4 in 3 games and hardly any ice time. Maybe if we held on to him for a couple of games we'd have a decent forward and a 2nd round pick...not looking like a good trade by management so far...

It's 3D chess man. We are tanking this year and Dickinson is winning games for Chicago hurting their odds for Bedard. A 2nd round pick to help win the 1st overall, I call that a win!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

We need a better jersey that players will feel great about.Time for a full change in everything from players to jerseys.