The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, BPA said:

Yup.  And the set up for Bo in the bumper slot.

Those are literally the only 2 plays I see them trying to set up on the PP.

I know I want the sedins to go to practice and run Pp drills / strategy. 

it’s highly predictable and not effective enough to be that predictable. We aren’t ovechkin.

they don’t get the pkers moving and the goalie moving enough and the zone entry’s and puck play at the top of the zone is gonna give us all high blood pressure 

• Cheers 1

Dickinson couldn't do a damn thing for us all last season and of course for his new employer he suddenly shows up to earn his pay cheques!!

I hope we'll call up Karlsson soon. He might have some chemistry with either Petey or Aman... He seems to be the type that's versatile enough to contribute on both ends of the ice!!

• There it is 1

12 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

The board battles statistic is another one of those fancy stats that doesn't tell the whole story though. It's similar to that of a plus/minus stat where it can present a picture but doesn't mean the findings have any true bearing on anything. And Hughes is a player that shouldn't be engaging in board play as it'd mean he's being inefficient in moving the puck but whenever play is low he's usually the first guy mucking it up with his stick work.

I suppose we will agree to disagree on this one. 

Personally I feel it’s more who fits the team. 

I like Boeser and Garland as players but I don’t think that they’re necessarily the best fits. 

Horvat is an up and down player but we know he plays well down the stretch and is clutch in  the playoffs. Hell if you look at his highlights last year he was a way better scorer than Boeser too. He could snipe, finish and score greasy ones.

If it came down to it I would move Boeser before Horvat. We have the winger depth on the team and in our prospect pool. I’d also maybe want to re-sign Kuz if he does well. 

I believe you’ve been critical of Bo as anyone should be but Boeser or even Garland hasn’t been nearly as important as a player over a course of a season and in the playoffs(Garland’s playoff time with Yotes). 

Of course we have to make sure we don’t overpay. I hope like Miller JR/PA are able to get Horvat slightly below market value. Can’t really do much else but hope. Shitty as fuck to think about. 

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

My 2 all time favourite Canucks are 

2. Trevor Linden

1. Thomas Gradin

Tell me I’m 12 again :lol:

You don’t need to prove your loyalty to anyone bud. 

You’re an old school guy. 

Don’t get rattled. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I know I want the sedins to go to practice and run Pp drills / strategy. 

it’s highly predictable and not effective enough to be that predictable. We aren’t ovechkin.

they don’t get the pkers moving and the goalie moving enough and the zone entry’s and puck play at the top of the zone is gonna give us all high blood pressure 

I want them to get creative.  

Have Hoglander down low and behind the net (Gretzky office) and score a “Michigan”.  He’ll get ample time to pull it off if on the PP.

No surprises here. Management didn’t fix the defence in the off-season. Was pressured to resign miller instead. We are going to play this way for the next five years as we did for the last 5 years. Cant protect a lead. Can’t play a consistent 60. Defensive meltdowns. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Have to think that flu has impacted Hughes here a little he hasn’t looked himself. Passes haven’t been crisp, his skating has been a little laboured.

Or maybe one of those pre season hits with that flu he’s shaking off still.

Early alarm bells tingling for sure 

Or maybe Hughes is just overrated

25 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

2 words

Tim Thomas. 

Yes. Again, still doesn't change what I just said.

The same TT who went 7 games against Montréal and surrendered 17 goals to? (vs. the 8 the Canucks scored)

While TT was good, it's more of an indictment on the Canucks not scoring when it counted most. They didn't find a way. 

Edited by Sophomore Jinx

3 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Yes. Again, still doesn't change what I just said.

The same TT who went 7 games against Montréal and surrendered 17 goals to? (vs. the 8 the Canucks scored)

While TT was good, it's more of an indictment on the Canucks not scoring when it counted most. They didn't find a way. 

Goalies get hot and Thomas was red hot. Too many point to team failure without taking account the other team actually played well too. A Vezina like performance and a first ballot HoF shutdown Centre will do that to many teams. 

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Personally I feel it’s more who fits the team. 

I like Boeser and Garland as players but I don’t think that they’re necessarily the best fits. 

Horvat is an up and down player but we know he plays well down the stretch and is clutch in  the playoffs. Hell if you look at his highlights last year he was a way better scorer than Boeser too. He could snipe, finish and score greasy ones.

If it came down to it I would move Boeser before Horvat. We have the winger depth on the team and in our prospect pool. I’d also maybe want to re-sign Kuz if he does well. 

I believe you’ve been critical of Bo as anyone should be but Boeser or even Garland hasn’t been nearly as important as a player over a course of a season and in the playoffs(Garland’s playoff time with Yotes). 

Of course we have to make sure we don’t overpay. I hope like Miller JR/PA are able to get Horvat slightly below market value. Can’t really do much else but hope. Shitty as fuck to think about. 

Garland is one of the few guys who plays hard every night and drives the play.  He's on a good deal and cost controlled for the foreseeable future. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Goalies get hot and Thomas was red hot. Too many point to team failure without taking account the other team actually played well too. A Vezina like performance and a first ballot HoF shutdown Centre will do that to many teams. 

Fair enough, you're not wrong on that at all, I was there, and it still stings....I still haven't re-watched that series LOL.

Actually, I've never even seen the post-game Bruins skate around with the cup. Ever. Could not bear to see it. I shut the TV off before the 3rd period ended and never watched any of it since. 

• Cheers 1