The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oct 18/22 Valiant Canucks @ Forever-Blue Jackets 4pm PT at Nationwide Arena SNP SN650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

6 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

That's one strategy, the other is putting players in a position to succeed.

Petey is much better defensively than Miller, as is Horvat (out of our top-6 forwards). We also have Mikheyev and Lazar who are both well known for being excellent penalty killers. Aman is young, and already has the defensive instincts to get good at it. 

Either way, the problem hasn't been our forwards by and large. Its the fact that our right side got completely destroyed by injury, and our blue line wasn't NHL caliber. You cant expect us to win games with a right side of Schenn, Burroughs, Juulsen. 

Excuses does not stop the bleeding,team play does

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Walking and picked up a cracker. Nux luck. 

Sopel sidelined by devastating cheap shot from a saltine cracker (no nhl investigation, outrageous)

Salo sidelined by venomous snake bite (a cousin of brad marchand i hear)

And lets of course not forget Salo needing ball replacement surgery for taking that puck to the family jewels. God he was such a trooper with the absolute worst injury luck.

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Sopel sidelined by devastating cheap shot from a saltine cracker (no nhl investigation, outrageous)

And lets of course not forget Salo needing ball replacement surgery for taking that puck to the family jewels. God he was such a trooper with the absolute worst injury luck.

Good conversation 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Lol I remember “ Sopel want a cracker” being a thing

”balls of steel” ::D

didnt Salo also get injured playing floor hockey back home as well?

Edited by -NucksFan
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, -NucksFan said:

Really? Burroughs was one of the few who played well last game 

How did we go from having no right-handed D to too many right-handed D that our most consistent player in the first three games is healthy scratched

• Cheers 1

Just now, -NucksFan said:

Lol I remember “ Sopel want a cracker” being a thing

didnt Salo also get injured playing floor hockey back home as well?

Honestly dont even remember all the Salo injuries, there were so many.

Just that the hockey gods conspired to come up with the most painful iteration of an injury, and made sure that Salo got 100% of it.