The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The saddest part about this game tonight was that Boeser was actually brining it. He clearly did put in a solid effort almost every shift, but he’s just too slow, and his once potent shot has clearly been hampered by numerous hand and wrist injuries. 

Man I miss watching Boeser’s shot, or at least trying to watch it in regular time but it was so deadly fast that you could only really see it in slow-mo. 

He’s still relatively young, but I’m afraid that due to injuries his best days are behind him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AnthonyG said:

DIAL HUGHES ICETIME BACK FFS. He’s fvcking fatigued and getting worse with each passing game. He’s skating in quicksand. This isnt playoffs with 20 mins of OT, why is he playing 28 mins per game?!! Its not working and hes looking slower

Yup. Hughes is drastically overcast in his current role. Coaches should have him on a cap. 20-22 mins max. They will negatively effect his career arch at this rate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Funny how the ship-out-Horvat talk has died down. 

I'd still ship him out personally. He's playing unreal & could get a serious return back. We can't have a 3C making 6M+ & IMO it's time to blow this team up anyways. 

1 minute ago, YearoftheNuck said:

The saddest part about this game tonight was that Boeser was actually brining it. He clearly did put in a solid effort almost every shift, but he’s just too slow, and his once potent shot has clearly been hampered by numerous hand and wrist injuries. 

Man I miss watching Boeser’s shot, or at least trying to watch it in regular time but it was so deadly fast that you could only really see it in slow-mo. 

He’s still relatively young, but I’m afraid that due to injuries his best days are behind him. 

If so then here's another lost time to capitalize on a trade. These seem to be adding up

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Last game he was hustling too. He just can't catch up anymore. It's like watching the Sedins if they had played another 4 years. Doesn't matter how talented you are if you can't get to where you need to be, you're not useful. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Doxm said:

I'd still ship him out personally. He's playing unreal & could get a serious return back. We can't have a 3C making 6M+ & IMO it's time to blow this team up anyways. 

Yea but hes the only C capable of winning draws consistently and decisively. Only guy above 50% tonight… 63% to be exact.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

If anyone is feeling positive still… keep in mind we haven’t even played any good teams yet.  Only one is in a playoff (wildcard) spot and two of them were winless before meeting us.

Well it is like the Canucks to play to the oppositions level. So maybe we’ll close out a game?

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, rekker said:

These losses are by no means all on Demko. But I agree. Demko has been barely average and should not escape criticism. He, like several others, need to find their game. 

Demko has been the worst goalie in the league per the fancystats such as GSAA.

• Like 1