The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

half this d wouldnt crack a good team on a consistent basis, they would be depth d men.

Myers is ok if you burry him in your bottom pairing.  Mindless passes.  4 on 4 tonight he just dumped the puck out to center ice giving the Wild possession for free.  provides zero offence.

Hughes needs a stable  shutdown d man to play with and he needs to play a little less.

This is arguably the worst d core in the conference.

Doesnt absolve some of the forwards ... 

OEL looked like an actual NHL D man, but the rest were all lack-lustre. Not enough.

Forwards showed they are young and fast enough to perform on the fast break, but that won’t win games.

we can’t even judge if Demko is performing, until the ‘Pylons on Ice’ show is over.

Edited by Jimmy James
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Boeser & JT are a serious problem. Demko is a problem too, need him to be a bit better.

Thought OEL, Podz, Petey, Kuzmenko, Horvat were really strong tonight. Atleast Horvat has turned it around. 

I’m okay with playing the hotter goalie of the 2,… all year long. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Hughes to NJ - Nemec + unprotected 23 1st ( + bahl if we can fleece ) 

Miller to CLB - 23' unprotected 1st + Nyquist ( cap dump ) 

Alternatives if we need to go further / different routes:

Signed Horvat maybe + to CLB - Jiricek + capdump ( money purpose ) 

EP + to whoever wins the lottery + capdumps

Everything revolves around Bedard. 3 lottery picks. Trade up if and when we don't get it lol. Local superstar is worth imo. Sell alot more too that's just the big ones 

None of these are happening. Any Miller deal now has a 0 percent chance of happening thanks to his new contract. Be realistic.

• Huggy Bear 1

41 minutes ago, Wayne Jetski said:

Explain why we don’t play the great skating players we have and throw JT and Brock out. It’s mind boggling. 

I know, It's even more mind boggling when JR openly stated that our team was too slow then he goes out and re-signs the two slowest puck hogs on the roster.  I have NO respect for this management group AT ALL at this point in time.  They have Failed this team and this city - Big Time and have set this team up on a collision course!   Frankie Aqua-Lini too!

Just so people know… this is the Canucks we are talking about.  They won’t lose a bunch more and force a rebuild that could actually turn into something.  That would be clarity and an identifiable plan.

They will win 3 of their 4 next games, just enough that management does nothing.   They will then miss the playoffs by 15 points and not get a top 10

pick.

We will then repeat this process…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

None of these are happening. Any Miller deal now has a 0 percent chance of happening thanks to his new contract. Be realistic.

Prove it. Nobody thought MT would bring the trade value he did. Mix in a team in need / desperation. Thats why i picked the teams i did. Huggy to NJ is a fleece if we do it while he has multiple years left on the deal

20 minutes ago, 1-d said:

I know and I'm not saying Hughes is much better on defense. I'm concerned about his shaky puckhandling and unforced turnovers throughout the game.

To many minutes, too much pressure to produce points since no one else on the D can.