The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] October 24, 2022 Carolina Hurricanes (3-1-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (0-4-2) Rogers Arena 7:30pm PT SN360 SNO SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Reporter:  "Bo said yesterday that sometimes it feels like you'll never win again, like the way certain things are going, and obviously that's not going to be the case, but is it hard to let some of that kinda seep in in game when things don't go well?"

JT Miller:  After a look of disgust in his eyes, "Part of this job is being a man and doing your job, if everybody looks each other in the mirror and steps up a little bit you should never feel like you're not going to win"

I can imagine the gears are now turning in some minds….”how can we spin this as JT TAKING SHOTS AT BO?”. :lol:

Possible line mates tonight by the way. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Our 1st d pair tonight is two 6'2'' & 6'4'' guys who rarely hit or clear the crease but do bleed giveaways... while carrying $14 million/year cap hit combined.

If we have two 6'2" guys and two 6'4" guys on the first pairing we definitely have a chance. I'm super glad the NHL is giving us a break on the normal rules for a couple games here.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Back on February 3rd, 2009, the Canucks were on the cusp of losing their 9th straight game. After huge expectations that year to be a competitive team, AV's job was on the line, the core players were on the cusp of being broken up, the additions of Mats Sundin and Pavol Demitra created expectations for greatness, yet it looked like this team after blowing a lead to the Canes was destined for impending disaster yet again. It surely looked like the future of this Canucks team was in question until a hero emerged that sent the Canucks to win 23 of their next 31 games.

Fast forward to October 24th, 2022, a cold dreary Monday. The team has been dragged through the mud for the past six games, on ice arguments, jerseys thrown on the ice, coach and president calling out the team. 6 straight loses and very well on the cusp of losing control of the rest of the season: It very well feels like today, tonight, the very season for the Canucks as at a cross roads. 

This is the last bit of hope I'm trying to hold onto right now. I said in the last GDT that I have finally lost hope, but there is a tiny sliver that exists - the remaining embers of the fire in the tank is ever so slightly still alive. Going to the game tonight, praying that this team will give me a glimmer of hope because I can't take much more of what has been a debacle of a start.

Who will be our Alex Burrows tonight?

Selke Kesler with the steal and breakaway pass.

15 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Not as shocking as seeing you ratio’d in your own thread. 

Ratio'd? 

I get that you're trying to attack me personally, but you're not making any sense.  

Win or lose, I just hope we get an honest effort for 60 mins. Have some pride and pushback here. At this point, I pretty much expect every game to be a loss so I have no expectations. They way things are going they may never win another game this month.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bo had his feelings hurt and needs counselling, says we may never win again.  Miller on the other hand doesn't give a sh*t and is only concerned about winning tonight's game...

I think players should give a shit about seeing their team’s jersey thrown on the ice. It’s hugely disrespectful to the team and every player who has ever worn that jersey. As imac said in an interview this morning, the jersey isn’t just some costume they put on. It means a lot to the players. 

It is one of the most effective ways for fans to show their displeasure, but to do it at the start of the season during the home opener? That’s a crappy thing to do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

I think players should give a shit about seeing their team’s jersey thrown on the ice. It’s hugely disrespectful to the team and every player who has ever worn that jersey. As imac said in an interview this morning, the jersey isn’t just some costume they put on. It means a lot to the players. 

It is one of the most effective ways for fans to show their displeasure, but to do it at the start of the season during the home opener? That’s a crappy thing to do.

It was probably done by a fan (or 4) that wanted to make a name for themselves. To do it in game 6 is laughable. 

20 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

Pretty negative body language. But let’s see how he fares tonight 

Miller likely wanted to say F-off after listening to the same questions for the 10th time. I was one who wanted to trade Miller last spring but I never questioned his desire to play well and win hockey games. Confidence is huge and lack of it causes the half second of indecision that costs goals. I feel sorry for these guys as they struggle thru this challenge. I still think the club needs a 1RD in the worst way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Ratio'd? 

I get that you're trying to attack me personally, but you're not making any sense.  

Alright. First, not taking a shot a you, just your thread. Second, you don’t appear to know what being ratio’d (or ratioed) means. Just letting you know that you thoroughly were. Its all good.