The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Coconuts said:

I'm mostly taking the piss tbh, but given how Anaheim and San Jose have started and San Jose entering sell mode it's a real possibility 

If he goes to Anaheim, the UFA Bedard dream may be dead as well. 

Zegras, McTavish, Terry, Zellweger, Drysdale, Mintyukov, Bedard. 

Hard to leave that. 

Just now, J-23 said:

If he goes to Anaheim, the UFA Bedard dream may be dead as well. 

Zegras, McTavish, Terry, Zellweger, Drysdale, Mintyukov, Bedard. 

Hard to leave that. 

Wouldn't count Seattle out either 

Anaheim could do it tbh, they've been horrid 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Wouldn't count Seattle out either 

Anaheim could do it tbh, they've been horrid 

I would prefer any team but Anaheim get him, if we want this to have any potential of benefiting us.

They are loaded with so many good prospects and young guys, Bedard on that team will result in Avs 2.0, maybe even better. 

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Gotta bring him up at some point!! He's too good for the AHL!! Maybe send Hoglander down for a while...

Let him sizzle and play 18-20 minutes there instead of 8-10 minutes here. We got too many wingers this year. Next year we will have to get rid of one or two. Bring him up next year when he's fully marinated and ready to go. 

We also got Pod/Hog/Aman(rookie) who are young and need reps up here. Also picked up Studnicka who spent a couple years in the AHL and needs reps soon.

Karlsson's time will come. Just starting out NA pro.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I would prefer any team but Anaheim get him, if we want this to have any potential of benefiting us.

They are loaded with so many good prospects and young guys, Bedard on that team will result in Avs 2.0, maybe even better. 

Ngl I think it'd be funny if they got him, it'd be typical Canucks luck 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, EB43 said:

Boy that’s scary.

Just looked at their pool missed out on Pastujov, Gaucher, Perrault. 

7 first round picks in the last 4 years.

Now that's a rebuild, and another shot for top 3 pick this year. 

Going to be the most dangerous team in hockey, the next 3-5 years. Thank god for the cap though. 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well Said and you are amongst the very many that have been calling for his departure for awhile.   Too bad JR, Alvin & "The Chipmunk Girls" only had a few short months to get to know him before they naively re-signed him because if they knew what we knew after watching him for several years they would have never resigned him.  He's been damaged goods since he was rammed in the boards- way back when.  I guess we'll just have to chalk that signing up to them being a bunch of Newbies and rookie mistakes by our Rookie GM and "The Girls".   No matter, I fully expect he'll be gone by TDL the way things are going - unless a miracle happens!

I think you are correct here. These newbie GMs have no idea who Boeser is. Signed him based on his rookie season performance and now we are screwed and stuck with him for 3 more years. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Going to be the most dangerous team in hockey, the next 3-5 years. Thank god for the cap though. 

I don't care if folks disagree but I wish we'd do a legit rebuild someday. Been following the team since 2001 or 2002 and we've never done it, it was just spin your wheels trying to retool and make the playoffs garbage most of the past decade. We're due. 

• Huggy Bear 2

20 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Have a feeling Chicago is going to be bottom 3 by years end. Betman and co would much prefer a original 6 team get him. 

• There it is 1

21 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Couldn’t agree more, a year or two behind the devils.