The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Shayster007 said:

It's legitimately hilarious you lick Bennings boot and then blame new management for the state this team it is. I can't tell if this is a masterful troll job or not. Unfortunately, I don't think it is..

And your ok with this management sitting on their asses? 

1 minute ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I would much rather have a Horvat who is quiet on the bench, but leads by example on the ice then the vast majority of our roster we have now that’s quiet on the ice and loud on the bench/off ice.

Fair enough and I love the guy as a player… but for ten years now we’ve been a crappy team, change has to happen at some point.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

And your ok with this management sitting on their asses? 

Nope. I've been vocal about my overall displeasure of the majority of Alvin's moves so far. But that doesn't change the fact this is Bennings team with a few new replacement level players. To say the state of this franchise is JRs fault is beyond ignorant.

Just now, Shayster007 said:

Nope. I've been vocal about my overall displeasure of the majority of Alvin's moves so far. But that doesn't change the fact this is Bennings team with a few new replacement level players. To say the state of this franchise is JRs fault is beyond ignorant.

Just seems so messed up to me that the re-signed Miller and did absolutely nothing on the defensive side. So naive of me to get excited about that signing. Then they did nothing. I just don’t get it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Problem is he is the captain and team isn't following him and/or he isn't dragging them into the fight. Same excuse post game over and over again as well. Trade shakeup required and Bo will yield the most assets (could completely restock the cupboard)

I hope wherever he goes he gets paid and wins the cup. Bo has done nothing but what he’s been asked since day 1. Shutdown center in his sophomore year on a crap time. Crap line mates most of his career and still managed 20+ goals a season consistently. Bo deserves better and I hope he gets it,

• Cheers 4

Down one nothing....hmmm here we go again.
Down two nothing.....are you kidding me right now.
Down three.........disconnct from game.

They really need to get going.  At this point they are starting to need a run like they went on for the rest of the year.  Seeing we finished that much short.

I love this team but farkin so hard to watch when in your head the expectations were so high.   ugggg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Agree there!  Now I'm afraid Yeo will be gifted Boudreau's job. 

If they do something that stupid I’m done for the rest of the season at least. I have better things I can spend my limited time on earth on. I’m not going to put myself through the pain of watching games of the team I love with Yeo as coach when he can’t even freaking do his current job as an assistant. Would be the final straw for me.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I hope wherever he goes he gets paid and wins the cup. Bo has done nothing but what he’s been asked since day 1. Shutdown center in his sophomore year on a crap time. Crap line mates most of his career and still managed 20+ goals a season consistently. Bo deserves better and I hope he gets it,

They all deserve better at this point! 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Just seems so messed up to me that the re-signed Miller and did absolutely nothing on the defensive side. So naive of me to get excited about that signing. Then they did nothing. I just don’t get it.

I wanted Miller traded last January. Then again at the deadline, the draft, the summer... The fact the defense is still broken is a failure. But, I reiterated, this management has only been here for about 9 months. Benning build this masterpiece over the course of the previous 8 years. Benning compiled a bellow average team while sinking our future. 

Do I wish Alvin and JR would have done more? Yes.

Do I blame them for the state of this franchise? Dear Gord no. That would be an entirely absurd notion.

• Cheers 2

It could be because I am jaded and indifferent from this country club culture of constant losing but unlike other Canucks teams, I can pretty much care less about this group and wouldn't mind too much to see them mostly gone and replaced with new players and prospects. There seem to be very few players that I even want to cheer for (maybe Petey, Demko but not much else). Most players either seem to have a quitters mentality, don't care about losing, too soft or have something else that I don't like about their play. It may be the pessimist in me but it is clear this group does not have what it takes to do what they need to be successful every game.

8 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Sorry to break it to you. We have many bad and lazy players on this roster.

Coaching ain't the problem. You can get Barry Trotz in here and he won't fair any better. 

I disagree that the players are lazy, but agree that the players look really bad right now.  JR himself said they didn't have a good camp.  Did he mean players didn't show up in good shape or that the team didn't figure out what kind of team they are and how they need to play to have success?  

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

I hope he ends up in Carolina, as a UFA or via trade. I don't know what we'd want in terms of young assets from them but it'd be cool to see Bo in Carolina. 

Pacioretty comes off the books after this season and he could slot right in as their 2C and replace Staal, who's also coming off the books. Then he could go running with an actual contender. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Ummm, it was so obvious. They were a bad hockey team who went out of their way to blow every spare dollar they had on unnecessary spare parts while not building for the future or addressing their glaring weaknesses. Pretty predictable actually. 

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Maybe so... but there were other options out there who could have been traded for.

The number of good D who have come and gone in the past with no return on this team is on Benning, but now is now and Rutherford should have done something to find the pieces the team needs.

Yes indeed everyone is available. But for what price? Montreal got/getting a Podkolzin, our 1st pick this year, and our 4th next year as an example if we traded for him. Florida made that trade and how did that work out? 

If our management needs to gamble our future away for established, but ageing NHL players who likely don't want to come here, and stay status quo, then it's there team to do so. But history suggests otherwise.