The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Our guys look like they're skating in quick sand and thinking at about the same speed.

We don't have system yet, new players:

Kuz

Mik

Josh

Aman

Add revamped line up today:

Hughes

Bear

Studs

Stillman

Add very little secondary scoring. And sub par vets.

New coaches: Yeo and Cull

Then: cue the chaos out there.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I hear you there… but you know the way hockey and trades work, he may be the one trade that can really change things. No one is going to be safe. We’re you around in98 or so when Linden and Mckean got traded… ugh I was on suicide watch for months!! Lol but eventually all was good again!

No, I came into the picture during the Sedin years, but I do know that regardless of how bad this feels right now there were definitely worse time periods for Canucks fans in their history, at one point being a phone call away from moving away from BC entirely, so I try to keep some perspective despite the emotions and frustrations I currently feel as a fan. I’m not completely opposed to trading Horvat, just don’t know if that’s the right move to send away the only guy who’s bringing it each and every game and what message that sends to all the rest of our players.

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Demko is a great goalie folks! You don't just magically get skills for a year or so, then lose them. Goaltending is just as mental as physical. He is lacking confidence, as he should be considering the team playing in front of him. 

Any goalie past or present would not be winning a Vezna on this team. Don't ever forget how lucky we are to have him, cause most other teams would love to. 

Demko is definitely the least of our problems. He had surgery in the off season and hasn’t found his game yet this year, but he’s far too talented to go on like this for long. He will turn around sooner then later imo. Clark will definitely help too.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

No, I came into the picture during the Sedin years, but I do know that regardless of how bad this feels right now there were definitely worse time periods for Canucks fans in their history, at one point being a phone call away from moving away from BC entirely, so I try to keep some perspective despite the emotions and frustrations I currently feel as a fan. I’m not completely opposed to trading Horvat, just don’t know if that’s the right move to send away the only guy who’s bringing it each and every game and what message that sends to all the rest of our players.

Yeah I don’t pretend to know either… every part of the game is brutal right now. I like Bo but he may be the biggest trade stick we have to change the team. It’s weird because I assumed we would be around playoff contention at the end of the year ( we still might) but it is not looking anything like that. I don’t even know where they would start with this mess!

• Cheers 1

Thought Demko was not himself  but just replayed the goals  tonight - 3/4 he had little chance as they were passes across the crease for tap ins - I believe the 2nd goal at the end of the first would be on him because of the rebound.  I really don't understand what has happened to this team defense this year.- it looks much worse that last year after December.. Can't kill penalties, shorthanded goals, poor D coverage for tap ins.

Were these new coaches suppose to strengthen the structure - either the system sucks or the players are not implementing it  - I don't think you can fire BB and the entire team so next option is to adjust your starting lineup and sit some of the struggling players.

Also hope management does not play Santa and give players away please . - saw some articles about what some teams wanted to give for Horvat and pretty laughable.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Our guys look like they're skating in quick sand and thinking at about the same speed.

We don't have system yet, new players:

Kuz

Mik

Josh

Aman

Add revamped line up today:

Hughes

Bear

Studs

Stillman

Add very little secondary scoring. And sub par vets.

New coaches: Yeo and Cull

Then: cue the chaos out there.

Omg. Its not system. Learn to play hockey pal

• RoughGame 1

11 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Remember...Bedard is not, nor will ever be McDavid. No cup in Edmonton, a lesser version will not guarantee success here either. 

Hold up a second. Bedard very well could be the next McDavid or even a better one. You can’t tell a guys ceiling when he’s only 17 years old. What is clear by now though is barring catastrophic injury he will be a rare generational talent. How high he goes from there is up to him.

11 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

Remember...Bedard is not, nor will ever be McDavid. No cup in Edmonton, a lesser version will not guarantee success here either. 

Your acting like mcdavid is the issue here. it's the fact he is playing in one of the worst if not the worst city to attract UFA's. look at the money they had to offer nurse to stay.

Mcdavid is a victim.

3 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Demko is definitely the least of our problems. He had surgery in the off season and hasn’t found his game yet this year, but he’s far too talented to go on like this for long. He will turn around sooner then later imo. Clark will definitely help too.

Yeah he is not playing well but I have no worry’s about goaltending… they are off in their own world ( I was a goalie lol)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I remember when Boston traded Ray Bourque to Colorado. Only difference is Ray meant way more to the Bruins organization the Bo does. Ray finally one a cup, and Boston reaped rewards after. Something for you to ponder. 

25 minutes ago, chon derry said:

A team trying to figure out how to play with one another. So you blow it and end up with a bunch of guys needing to learn how to play with one another. 1970……………………….1982……………………………………1994……………………………………………………….2011…………………………………2022.         

Rinse repeat. 

That 1982 team completely fluked their way to the finals.  Other than that run in 1982 the Canucks were atrocious throughout the 1970's and 1980's, never winning a single round in the playoffs for 22 years other than the magical run of 1982.

The only thing that was able to change that was the arrival of Pat Quinn and the drafting of Trevor Linden and Pavel Bure.  We went to the finals again with them.  But that only lasted 4 years and we became average again.  With Mike Keenan trading Linden we became relevant again and the West Coast Express arrived.  Even then we only won 2 playoff rounds.  It wasn't until the Sedins arrived that we had a powerhouse team that could go back to the finals.  Even then it only lasted 4-5 years.

So out of the 52 years of our existence, we have only really had a very good team for around 11 or 12 out of those 52 years.  Pretty sad really.  It doesn't pay well to be a Canucks fan that is for sure...

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Your acting like mcdavid is the issue here. it's the fact he is playing in one of the worst if not the worst city to attract UFA's. look at the money they had to offer nurse to stay.

Mcdavid is a victim.

Well they have the 2 best players in the world, and was released on Tuesday they have moved ahead of Vancouver as the 3rd most profitable NHL Canadian team. Just so you know before you keep dissing more successful organizations. 

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'm surprised we haven't stuck 2 D on the PP despite so many SHGs, the powerplay looks a lot worse with Quinn healthy surprisingly. 

Meanwhile Bo has 8 goals in 10 games, this poor guy is doing everything he can and getting zero support.

Everyone is doing everything they can… but none of them are doing it together.

Just now, VanCan2023 said:

Well they have the 2 best players in the world, and was released on Tuesday they have moved ahead of Vancouver as the 3rd most profitable NHL Canadian team. Just so you know before you keep dissing more successful organizations. 

wat?

i'm not dissing the franchise, im dissing the city. I live in edmonton and edmonton sucks

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:

I remember when Boston traded Ray Bourque to Colorado. Only difference is Ray meant way more to the Bruins organization the Bo does. Ray finally one a cup, and Boston reaped rewards after. Something for you to ponder. 

Might not have meant to quote me as I said I wasn’t opposed to trading Horvat.