The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Hes been on for 10 goals against at even strength, better sv% 5v5 and short handed than Schenn, but not by much.

Schenn is getting top 4 mins to be a stay at home kinda guy, because he doesnt provide offence. Right now he provides very little of either. 

OEL is providing both, offence more than defence. His numbers arent great, but they’re also not as bad as Hughes, Schenn, Rathbone or Stillman

that being said. Most of these goals against for a lot of these dmen are on the PK. 5v5 we are above the league avg in most areas.

Kyle Burroughs should not be sitting on the sidelines. His numbers are pretty solid.

Ultimately this season is once again a PK issue and system issue, not player issue imo. The PK was fine under Shaw, who was our 3rd PK coach last season. This season its a new coach, new system, some new PKers and its ugly and like they pointed out on in an intermission a couple weeks back, there is zero communication on the ice right now in the dzone. Which is leading to confusion and goals against. Like how many PK goals against this season?? Its game 11 and we have like 11 goals against in our losses or something stupid. Plus another 2 against in our wins. Not to mention the Kaprizov GWG in OT with a pending penalty. Thats nearly 1/3 of the total goals against this season, JUST from the PK. Hard to win games when you cant kill a penalty. Add in the brutal giveaways on the PP that have resulted in goals against and over 1/3 of the goals against are from special teams. 

Figure the f***ing PK out and we’ll win a lot more games. 

Would also be nice if the new guys could stop drinking the Vancouver f***ing tapwater and getting injured every god damn season. Like seriously I cant think of a guy who joined Van and didnt get injured in the first season for an extended period of time. Myers played pretty much the full shortened season in 19-20 but fractured his foot or something like that in the last game and missed most of the playoffs didnt he?

I think that OEL is nursing something that is distracting his head a bit as both the eye test and stats are pointing out that he isnt playing as well as he could

but yeah, clean up the PK and i think the canucks would win a lot more games

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Wanless said:

I think that OEL is nursing something that is distracting his head a bit as both the eye test and stats are pointing out that he isnt playing as well as he could

Really the PK is what is hurting us the most. Its hurting everyone stats big time. When 1/3 of the goals against this season are PPGA…. Your issue isn’t necessarily player personnel, its systematic. 5v5 we seem to be fine and scoring fairly well at 5v5, our PP has been lights out recently, but still surrendered another shorty…

If we could kill a god damn penalty this season we’d be top 5 in the league right now. Like look at how many games it has cost us. Leading or tied going into the 3rd we have lost 8/11 games. THATS INSANE. Thats 14 points we could have had ontop of the OTL’s. 

We are on pace to surrender 120 power play goals against in an 82 game season. Thats more than half of what a playoff team usually allows in an 82 game season.

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I totally agree with you.  Myers hasn't been the problem so far this season.  It's been the PK.  

All these fans that say he's been bad this season see this; Myers = $6M; therefore he sucks cause he's not producing like a $6M dman. 

Schenn =<$1M Therefore he only needs to be 6x worse than Myers to be considered bad.

I wish people would see things based on play instead of how they're paid.  But that will never happen.  Some people also see only what happens at the end.  They don't look at why it happened.

Dude i've been watching games since he came here and the chaos giraffe has to go man, if you watched last nights game alone you'd see even Alien doesn't have confidence in him. Petey actually passed the puck off the back boards to himself instead of giving it to Myers on his play to Kuzy for the 7th goal.  He's always out of position, slow, awkward, and generally not a smart player for following a system. Looks completely lost half the time and just gets caught reaching for players and pucks he never gets to?........Sigh :picard:

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Really the PK is what is hurting us the most. Its hurting everyone stats big time. When 1/3 of the goals against this season are PPGA…. Your issue isn’t necessarily player personnel, its systematic. 5v5 we seem to be fine and scoring fairly well at 5v5, our PP has been lights out recently, but still surrendered another shorty…

If we could kill a god damn penalty this season we’d be top 5 in the league right now. Like look at how many games it has cost us. Leading or tied going into the 3rd we have lost 8/11 games. THATS INSANE. Thats 14 points we could have had ontop of the OTL’s. 

We are on pace to surrender 120 power play goals against in an 82 game season. Thats more than half of what a playoff team usually allows in an 82 game season.

Its baffling

If the team could clean up the pk and stop the high risk low reward passes this team would be right in the mix to be tops of the division

• There it is 3

2 minutes ago, Wanless said:

Its baffling

If the team could clean up the pk and stop the high risk low reward passes this team would be right in the mix to be tops of the division

.876 is why we are at the bottom.  .926 and we would be at the top.  Our most important player has been our worst.  

Edited by Alflives

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

.876 is why we are at the bottom.  .926 and we would be at the top.  Our most important player has been our worst.  

amount of high danger scoring chances has been unacceptable though. Sloppiest team in the league. Hes a good goaltender and should have had more of those but we're not helping him much

• There it is 1

28 minutes ago, Wanless said:

He needs to sit down and heal then honestly. Playing like this has got him playing third pair minutes (last night). 

Let Burroughs or Breezer or Boner get 10-20 games while he heals. 

28 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

All's i want for Christmas is Myers off this team, i'll even go and clean any GM's toilets for a month for whoever takes him?

I'd use that wish on OEL. Take his anchor contract off the books and this team stands a chance. I don't think people realize that we have to put up with him playing like a third liner at an albatross contract until 2027. 

But GMJB really wanted to leave us that parting gift. 

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, guntrix said:

I'd use that wish on OEL. Take his anchor contract off the books and this team stands a chance. I don't think people realize that we have to put up with him playing like a third liner at an albatross contract until 2027. 

But GMJB really wanted to leave us that parting gift. 

Weirdly his contract is sorta buyout friendly? For 2 years we'd hvae a painful 4.5m cap hit, but for the rest itd be a 2m ish cap hit. Not the worst result. 

For now though its worth waiting and seeing if his poor play is due to injury. Karlssons resurgence has given me some hope. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Dude i've been watching games since he came here and the chaos giraffe has to go man, if you watched last nights game alone you'd see even Alien doesn't have confidence in him. Petey actually passed the puck off the back boards to himself instead of giving it to Myers on his play to Kuzy for the 7th goal.  He's always out of position, slow, awkward, and generally not a smart player for following a system. Looks completely lost half the time and just gets caught reaching for players and pucks he never gets to?........Sigh :picard:

Ya, making statements like this just shows you don't really understand what you're watching.  He's not always out of position, he's got decent speed for his size, and you know where he's suppose to be exactly at all times with the system?  Are you in the room?  Not giving him any credit?  How bout, he helped create that 6th goal with his shot.  How bout that nice hit he laid on Beaulieu.  You're just looking at his contract.  If he was making $1 million dollars, everybody would be loving him.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Can not say Dries has caused any negative play. He has not been standing out in a bad or good way. Writing that there is no good reason to have him in the line up over the forwards we have. 

Hes not an nhler.  Doesnt really offer anything.   Just another Andrew ebbett

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't see them trading both of the guys they just signed. Plus Boeser is hurt and we'd probably have to pay to unload him. Like Agent said Garland gets you a better return and is more desirable to other teams. In a prefect world Boeser is my choice to go I just don't see it happening. The optics would be crap and it looks like management is quite concerned with that. As far as movable pieces worth something Garland is top of the list.

I dont think the management cares if they get anything for boeser at this point.  They need that cap space for bo one way or another

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Ya, making statements like this just shows you don't really understand what you're watching.  He's not always out of position, he's got decent speed for his size, and you know where he's suppose to be exactly at all times with the system?  Are you in the room?  Not giving him any credit?  How bout, he helped create that 6th goal with his shot.  How bout that nice hit he laid on Beaulieu.  You're just looking at his contract.  If he was making $1 million dollars, everybody would be loving him.

I like myers.  Hes a top 4 dman who goes hard every shift.   Need more players wity his character to build a culture here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I dont think the management cares if they get anything for boeser at this point.  They need that cap space for bo one way or another

Do they really not care though? Why did they even sign him just 3 months ago then? I think this management group has lost it.

12 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Calling Myers slows shows Eddie does not understand whats he is watching. 

Edited by vancan2233

59 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

You mean on this play Petey didnt want to dish to him?

https://www.nhl.com/video/kuzmenko-tips-in-his-second-goal/t-335467986/c-13543867

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Guess you're being facetious because I never called Myers slows.

Sorry and dubble sorry to Eddie its Bure2win that I was making that statement about. I have to stop doing three things at once and pay attention. watching TV, playing an online game and reading this Forum. 

Edited by vancan2233
  • Cheers 1