The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I like studz and aman.  They will both develop into solid 3cs

Yup, these are exactly the types of guys we should be acquiring to fill these roles in the future.

But given they both likely need to continue developing for a couple years to potentially reach that... This is just another example of WTF were they thinking, with their "win now" Miller extension?

This team is at least a couple years away from making those kinds of moves. We need far too many pieces, depth and roster tweaks...I honestly don't know what they were thinking this summer.

At least the players are trying to help make that decision to course correct easier!

• Cheers 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Hes been put on a pedastal for no reason really.  Been average his whole career so far.  

Well let's be real...as a long time fan we haven't had a goalie we've ever drafted to get that excited about other then Demko and Schnieder.   It's still a bit early to be sounding the alarm - not that i'm saying we shouldn't consider that either.   Goaltending is the most yo-yo position in pro sports.     Theodore.  Boucher had five shutouts in a row, after a long period of trying to get PHI over the top finding the next Hextall or Parent etc.  Jim Carey.   No not the Pet Detective,  but might as well been.   Even Carey Price.     We were totally spoiled with Luongo and even he wasn't enough.   Demko ... well.   That's a tad harsh.  Personally, having met him once in Laval, i'd consider he's way more concerned about his suits, not his social media status, at least get it right (takes a certain type of man, who's not even an NHLer yet, to rock a plaid peach suit).   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

I know, I know video games aren't realistic. 

Except the one thing I've learned from many, many seasons of GMing. Chemistry amongst the players is the key to success.

eg: you would never win many games with too many of the same type of player. ( you'd never win with 6 McDavids and 6 Nurses ) 

you need balance among the team. 

I see that we have too many similar players trying to work. The reason that Petey's line with the 2 russians works is that their style complements each other. 

Boeser is redundant with Kuzmenko succeeding with Ep40. 

Garland and Motte were virtually the same player.

Horvat and Miller work well together. 

Forward lines seem to need 1 shooter, 1 passer, 1 corner mucker.

Defense pairs need 1 stay at home, 1 offensive tendency man. 

Personalities also come to bear in these lines/pairs. 

I don't have all the answers, this is just my learning from watching and simulating games. 

4 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I know, I know video games aren't realistic. 

Except the one thing I've learned from many, many seasons of GMing. Chemistry amongst the players is the key to success.

eg: you would never win many games with too many of the same type of player. ( you'd never win with 6 McDavids and 6 Nurses ) 

you need balance among the team. 

I see that we have too many similar players trying to work. The reason that Petey's line with the 2 russians works is that their style complements each other. 

Boeser is redundant with Kuzmenko succeeding with Ep40. 

Garland and Motte were virtually the same player.

Horvat and Miller work well together. 

Forward lines seem to need 1 shooter, 1 passer, 1 corner mucker.

Defense pairs need 1 stay at home, 1 offensive tendency man. 

Personalities also come to bear in these lines/pairs. 

I don't have all the answers, this is just my learning from watching and simulating games. 

Unfortunately, you can't have both miller and horvat on the roster next season.  

41 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

...and JT will get 10mil and doesn't want to live in Vancouver?

Just teasing you, but I believe there is still a way to keep them both and EP.

It might be hard but there should be a way, dump a few wingers add an eye of newt...maybe sacrifice a goat

My Miller prediction was $8.5 over 8 years

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup, these are exactly the types of guys we should be acquiring to fill these roles in the future.

But given they both likely need to continue developing for a couple years to potentially reach that... This is just another example of WTF were they thinking, with their "win now" Miller extension?

This team is at least a couple years away from making those kinds of moves. We need far too many pieces, depth and roster tweaks...I honestly don't know what they were thinking this summer.

At least the players are trying to help make that decision to course correct easier!

aGENT... the secret ingredient, in secret ingredient soup is: The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditorseason 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girlso

Boo-Chard.   And well Valardi ... 9 goals so far lol. 

Farting Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Im seriously not sure.   But whatever it is, it stinks.    But this is the Canucks, and we need to keep our sense of humour. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

My Miller prediction was $8.5 over 8 years

Bit closer than I mentioned then. Swore I remember you suggesting he could get more on the market , if he didn't re-up. 

You were supposing however, quite strongly, that he didn't want to be here dispite what he was saying to anyone that asked. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Bit closer than I mentioned then. Swore I remember you suggesting he could get more on the market , if he didn't re-up. 

You were supposing however, quite strongly, that he didn't want to be here dispite what he was saying to anyone that asked. 

I did say I thought he was going to want more to stay in Van, so I was wrong there.  Moot point as I never wanted him signed here at anything over $7m