The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Sure he could earn top dollar. Should we be the one paying it? Nobody seems to want to answer how it helps us improve the team which is telling these responses all come from emotions towards Bo 

This doesn’t even make sense. Bo is only one player on the PK expeting one player to be responsible for the PK is an awful take. 

He’s carried the team offensively when needed, carried the team in the playoffs, he plays a solid 2 way game, doesn’t give up on plays, doesn’t pout, how much more do you want from one guy? 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, I have said move Miller, Myers, one of Boeser/Garland. 

Moving Bo would be a massive fail and a mistake. 

Why do you want to move those guys? Is it because they are on boat anchor contracts and not performing up to standard for it? That's going to be BO as well starting next year if he sign him lol. 

Keep in mind I'm going to die on the near scorched earth hill. I think we can do much better building around EP and Hughes starting this TDL for alot less money than what we got right now committed to guys who prove they don't move the needle at all 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He’s already implied he’s leaving in his after hours comments last night..

“im just trying to help THIS team”

Trading him now is the scenario management was hoping to see,  I appreciate their patience in the matter of Horvat.

Lol you’re reaching. 

Why do you want to move those guys? Is it because they are on boat anchor contracts and not performing up to standard for it? That's going to be BO as well starting next year if he sign him lol. 

Keep in mind I'm going to die on the near scorched earth hill. I think we can do much better building around EP and Hughes starting this TDL for alot less money than what we got right now committed to guys who prove they don't move the needle at all 

No, because they believe it or not have value for the right team and situation. 

Sure he could earn top dollar. Should we be the one paying it? Nobody seems to want to answer how it helps us improve the team which is telling these responses all come from emotions towards Bo 

If Bo walks or gets traded Canucks likely become very weak at C. Does that mean we give Horvat a blank cheque...not a chance but he is scoring at a crazy rate and just so happens to be a pending UFA C in a weak FA C off season. With the cap going up a few Million who knows what a team could offer him, surely 7 year max term and trade protection and a team may go well above 8m on the AAV, could even hit 9m or who knows how high depending on his season stats at the end of the year.

If Horvat has a 40-50G 80-90pt season the sky could be the limit for his next deal, it only takes 1 delusional GM to overpay and this team should know all about seeing a GM overpay on July 1 for players...

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

This doesn’t even make sense. Bo is only one player on the PK expeting one player to be responsible for the PK is an awful take. 

He’s carried the team offensively when needed, carried the team in the playoffs, he plays a solid 2 way game, doesn’t give up on plays, doesn’t pout, how much more do you want from one guy? 

Love Bo.  But he’s not very good defensively.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Move both and keep garbage like boeser?   Our ahl team would beat us then.

I figured moving Boeser is obvious enough by now we don't need to keep saying it. We would remain on the exact same pace as right now trading BO / Miller / Boeser / Garland. We might even improve depending if the young pieces coming back can play right now 

14 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Yes he should. He should be a little more than NUGE thanks to the goal scoring.

Umm his agent saying he's a top line player, Being waaaay off in negotiations when we reportedly are around the nuge number lol? 

Nuge took a nice hometown discount during a dead cap timeframe.  Management suggesting RNH's contract

for Bo is much like the agent demanding top $ for his client.  That's why they call it negotiating.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

Nuge took a nice hometown discount during a dead cap timeframe.  Management suggesting RNH's contract

for Bo is much like the agent demanding top $ for his client.  That's why they call it negotiating.

Agent wants more money, team wants to spend less money. In other news water is wet. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol you’re reaching. 

Lol, your the one “reaching around” the topic of an unsigned pending UFA .

After all, He is only an expiring contract to this management group.

So glad they aren’t part of your bleeding heart group.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Lol, your the one “reaching around” the topic of an unsigned pending UFA .

After all, He is only an expiring contract to this management group.

So glad they aren’t part of your bleeding heart group.

Yawn same tired rhetoric from you. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, because they believe it or not have value for the right team and situation. 

What else needs to be shown that this build is terrible? The team is full of good players with horrible chemistry. We keep trying to make it work and it just won't. I'm ready to draw the line in the sand this year and sell