The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Bo Horvat to Detroit Red Wings

Alf lives this!  JR will stop feeding pigeon because he lives this!  Allvin will stop cutting records with his Chipmunks because he loves this.

BUT ... this is a rebuilding (step back) move so the guy writing the cheque’s will not.  So 

Aquilini says NO 

Just now, Alflives said:

Alf lives this!  JR will stop feeding pigeon because he lives this!  Allvin will stop cutting records with his Chipmunks because he loves this.

BUT ... this is a rebuilding (step back) move so the guy writing the cheque’s will not.  So 

Aquilini says NO 

F*ck Aquilini.  Petey is in charge now. This is Petey’s team after BO leaves. Captain Petey…. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Follow them and hope they lose.  Got to hate all those 31 other teams.  Love Bo though.  

I would normally agree but I wanna see Bo win the cup. And the Red wings were his favourite team growing up. Pretty cool that he was an Ontario boy and not a Laffs fan. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I would normally agree but I wanna see Bo win the cup. And the Red wings were his favourite team growing up. Pretty cool that he was an Ontario boy and not a Laffs fan. 

If we aren’t in the playoffs then I’d 100% cheer for Bo if he’s on the Wings.  Especially if they are playing the LOSER LEAFS! Can’t help but love Bo.  Class person and a very good player.  

I wonder what level of experienced D man Bo could return?  

• Upvote 1

Better chance getting a quality return from Buffalo with Horvat.

Edvinsson would be hard, like very hard to pry out of Detroit as rumours had Lidstrom apparently coaching Yzerman on that pick.  

Buffalo for a 1st and Ostlund though would be mint.  I'd even extend that pick to 2024 or 2025 in hopes Buffalo Buffalo'd

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we aren’t in the playoffs then I’d 100% cheer for Bo if he’s on the Wings.  Especially if they are playing the LOSER LEAFS! Can’t help but love Bo.  Class person and a very good player.  

I wonder what level of experienced D man Bo could return?  

I don’t know what we could get but I have no confidence in our management. I think they screw it up somehow. If we get a first and a legit Defencemen of Defensive prospect then I’ll accept it and move forward. Anything less would be a huge disappointment 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Edvinsson would be hard, like very hard to pry out of Detroit as rumours had Lidstrom apparently coaching Yzerman on that pick.  

Buffalo for a 1st and Ostlund though would be mint.  I'd even extend that pick to 2024 or 2025 in hopes Buffalo Buffalo'd

Seems like a lot of the trade proposals we all tend to agree with are ones that are rebuilding (resetting) type moves, where we take a step back now for a better future.  

Why wont our owner agree?  :(

Just now, Devron said:

I don’t know what we could get but I have no confidence in our management. I think they screw it up somehow. If we get a first and a legit Defencemen of Defensive prospect then I’ll accept it and move forward. Anything less would be a huge disappointment 

I’d love moves like that.  I just don’t get why our owner will not allow that direction? 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’d rather have no captain. It’s more of a burden then anything for this team 

Honestly, if Bo goes I hope that's the direction they go in as far as leadership goes instead of rushing to name a captain. Go with a few A's. 

I'm also not of the belief that a captain has to be a top player, Buffalo naming Okposo (at least for now) captain is a good example of this. But then again, I don't place as much value or emphasis on the captaincy as some folks do. 

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Buffalo has three 2nd round picks this year too, would be nice to try and grab one. 

• Upvote 1

DET has a little bit of cap space, but the Canucks would have to take back some cap. 

So, maybe?

to DET - Horvat and Schenn

to VAN - Edvinsson, Fabbri ($4), Oesterle ($1.350) and 2nd

Although, I'm not sure Edvinsson would even be available, but I think it's possible Zadina or Kasper could be.

• Upvote 1